Anyone get a Norwegian interview? >

Anyone get a Norwegian interview?

Notices
Foreign Airlines that hire U.S. pilots

Anyone get a Norwegian interview?

Old 02-24-2017, 02:11 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2017
Default Anyone get a Norwegian interview?

I filled out the app two days ago and got an invite this morning for interview in Miami in early March.

I didn't quite expect this quick of a turnaround, to be honest. I also can't find a single thing about their pilot pay scales (I guess just extrapolate the Euro pay into USD?)
Old 02-24-2017, 03:00 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Nov 2016
Default Norwegian pilot pay, from the source

Here is the pay and their information, sparse as it is.

737 first then 787.

CAREFUL FOR THE BONDING requirement ON THE 787.

This is hardly competitive for US carriers...

The B737 Max8

The Job

Successful applicants will be employed by OSM Aviation Inc., based at Providence Theodore Francis Green International Airport (PVD), RI or Newburgh Stewart International Airport (SWF), NY, flying Norwegian B737 MAX on our new medium long haul operation.

The Airline

Norwegian is a high quality airline with 118 aircrafts in its fleet. In addition, they have a firm order on 260 new aircrafts. They operate Boeing 737NG and B787.
Norwegian has repetitiously won Best Low Cost Airline for both Short Haul- and Long Haul carrier.
Norwegian is Launch customer for the MAX in Europe, and the first to set the aircraft into production.

The Employer
OSM Aviation was established only 3 years ago and has already positioned itself as one of the worlds leading crew management companies.
Our misson is to be a responsible employer ensuring best practice…..It’s all about people!
OSM Aviation vow always to be a socially responsible employer, abiding by the law and taxation regulations in all countries and territories where we employ people. Our employees shall feel secure in their employment and feel pride in the work they do.

Our Bases

We currently operate the below bases. Availability depends on the popularity of each base. Norwegian has a base bidding system where all short haul pilots can get their bids fullfilled in order of seniority
USA:
Providence Theodore Francis Green International Airport (PVD), RI Newburgh Stewart International Airport (SWF), NY
Europe:
London, Gatwick LGW Edinburgh EDI

Helsinki HEL Riga RIX Rome FCO Barcelona BCN Madrid MAD
Palma de Mallorca PMI Alicante ALQ
Malaga AGP Las Palmas LPA Tenerife TFS

Scandinavian bases only accept bids for First Officer positions in order of seniority and when positions become available. These are OSL, TRD, BGO, ARN and CPH.

The Exiting World of Norwegian

What we require

Note: You must have the legal right to live and work in the United States

Captains B737 - non Type-Rated Qualifications

FAA/EASA License (If FAA: Validation and conversion during the first 2 years) EASA Medical Class 1
4000 h Total Time
2000 h PIC on Commercial Jets => 30T MTOW
English,languageproficiency“ICAO”level 5 or higher, or proficientas per FAA No criminal record or accidents

Captains B737 - Type-Rated Qualifications

FAA/EASA License (If FAA: Validation and conversion during the first 2 years) EASA Medical Class 1
4000 h total time
2000 h PIC on Commercial Jets => 30T MTOW
500 h PIC on B737-300/800 and 150 hours within the last 12 months. A minimum of 500 h total flight time as commander on type
English, language proficiency“ICAO”level 5 or higher, or proficientas per FAA No criminal record or accidents

First Officers B737 - Type Rated Qualifications

FAA/EASA License (ATP) (If FAA: Validation and conversion during the first 2 years)
EASA Medical Class 1 1,500 h total time
500 h on B737-300/800 and 150 hours within the last 12 months
English,languageproficiency“ICAO”level 4 or higher, or proficientas per FAA No criminal record or accidents

First Officers B737 - non Type-Rated Qualifications

FAA/EASA License (ATP) (If FAA: Validation and conversion during the first 2 years)
EASA Medical Class 1 1,500 h total time
500 h relevant experience in commercial operations within the last 12 months English,languageproficiency“ICAO”level 5 or higher, or proficientas per FAA No criminal record or accidents

Fast Track Command

If you have a high level of experience on large turbo prop aircraft, the time in the right seat required is around 700 hours (approx 12 months) before command upgrade can start. The combination of total time and jet time is thus 6000 with minimum 700 being on Norwegian (plus upgrade training). It will, naturally, require passing the CDR evaluation.
(Ex1: you have a total of more than 5300 hours on a Dash8, you only need 700 hours in the right seat before you can upgrade as a B737 CDR. Ex2: You have 3500 hours total of which 2200 hours are on jets over 30T MTOW, you will only need 300 hours in the right seat to be eligible for command upgrade). The above examples are always dependent on the need of captains and you passing the upgrade requirements.

What we offer

Your Duty Periods starts and finishes at assign base – PVD or SWF

Your Gross Salary* Captain: $8.500/monthFirst Officer: $4.700/month

Your Per Diem/Allowance

$1.000 (all ranks)

Your Bought Day Off

Captain: 10% of your monthly salary $850 per day First Officer: 10% of your monthly salary $470 per day

Your Phone Allowance

Captain: $ 100 per month
First Officer: $ 50 per month

Your Special job pay

Base Chief Captain: $ TBD per month Line Training Captains: $ 20 per hour
Simulator Instructors: $ 40 per hour (CA, FO) Check Captains: $ 40 per hour

*Monthly payment from day one at training.

Your Time Off

You will get a minimum of 10 days off in a month. You will have 28 days of paid annual leave.

Your Sick leave

30 paid sick leave days per year then as per insurance

Your Layover Station Transportation & Accommodation

Provided by Norwegian.

Your Travel Benefits

ID travel benefits are provided to you and your qualifying family members on Norwegian services according to current policies
Service Tickets (S2) are provided to pilots for travel to and from work

Health plan

Major Medical + GAP Employer pays 50% Dental & Vision Voluntary
Life and Short Term Disability 100% covered

Your Insurance

Both Medical and Personal Accident and Illness insurance is provided by OSM Aviation

Loss of License insurance sum varies with age, starting from EUR 200,000 up to 44 years of age and declining to EUR 50,000 from the age of 59.

Your Training

Training will typically be with a Type-Rating vendor. OCC and Type-Rating will be with Norwegian at one of the training bases in the US or Europe.

Your Training Cost Bond

Unless you are B737 rated, before commencing training you must sign a Non- Compete clause valid for the first three years. No cost for the pilot.

Your Contract

Your contract will be a 3-year renewable OSM Aviation contract, within 2 years you must however, successfully pass the test for the EASA ATPL if not yet in possession of such.
You must be able to pass the EASA Class 1 medical, and you must take an ICAO English test (EPL) if you have never passed this previously, even if you have automatically been awarded an EPL level by your current authority.

TheWayto Apply and then what?

Apply via:
https://osmaviation.com/personnel/jobs/

OSM Aviation in cooperation with Norwegian will set up Interview processes where we will accommodate you either in MIA or other venues.

If you need to travel for the screening process, Norwegian can arrange tickets on the Norwegian network to attend.
We can book hotel at our rates if needed, but the you must settle the bill with the hotel upon arrival.

Your Interview

Wewill make several dates available for you in either MIA or other venues The process takes one day.

The content of the interview is (all times are approximate)

- A short presentation of OSM Aviation and Norwegian
- A Group Exercise (0:30)
- A Structured Interview (0:30)
- A Technical interview (0:30)
- An EPST Advanced Compass Test (1:30)
- A Documentation Check (a list of required documents will be sent with the invitation)
- A simulator check
The result will be forwarded as soon as possible, usually within a week or two.

By this offer we hope we can give you a bit the fascinating world offered to you by OSM Aviation with our presence in 14 countries and with Norwegian and their worldwide network.

On Behalf of OSM Aviation and our operator Norwegian

The OSM Aviation Pilot Recruitment Team

OSM AVIATION GROUP
www.osmaviation.com

--------------------------------

B787NorwegianDreamlinerFlightCrew,FortLauderdale,Florida

‘Be part of the airline where low price meets high quality’‘Be employed by a company where ‘It’s all about people’

The Job

Successful applicants will be employed by OSM Aviation, based at Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport (FLL), FL, flying Norwegian B787 Dreamliners on our exiting long haul network

The Airline

Norwegian is a high quality
Norwegian has repetitiously won Best Low Cost Airline for both Short Haul- and Long Haul carrier

What we require

Note: You must have the legal right to live and work in the United States Captain
FAA or EASA ATPL License
FAA or EASA Medical Class 1 (EASA Class 1 Medical required before commencing flight duty) 6,000 hours total flight time
2,500 hours PIC hours on any EFIS jet aircraft
1,000 hours on a wide body or narrow body aircraft in long haul operation

Relief Captain
FAA or EASA ATPL License
FAA or EASA Medical Class 1 (EASA Class 1 Medical required before commencing flight duty) 5,000 hours total flight time
2,500 hours on any EFIS jet aircraft
1,500 hours PIC hours on any EFIS jet aircraft or 1,500 hours as FO on a wide body aircraft

First Officer
FAA or EASA ATPL License
FAA or EASA Medical Class 1 (EASA Class 1 Medical required before commencing flight duty) 1,500 hours total time
1,000 hours on any EFIS jet aircraft

What we offer

Your Duty Periods starts and finishes at FLL

YourGross Salary
Captain: $10,000 per month Relief Captain: $ 7,500 per month First Officer: $ 5,500 per month

YourPerDiem/Allowance
$ 1,000 per month (all ranks)

YourBoughtDay Off
Captain: $1,000 per day Relief Captain: $ 750 per day First Officer: $ 550 per day

YourPhoneAllowance
Captain: $100 per month Relief Captain: $ 50 per month First Officer: $ 50 per month

YourSpecialjobpay
Base Chief Captain: $1,000 per month Line Training Captains: $20 per hour
Simulator Instructors: $40 per hour (CA, RCA, FO) Check Captains: $40 per hour

YourTimeOff
You will get a minimum of 10 days off in a month You will have 28 days of paid annual leave

YourSickleave
30 paid sick leave days per year

YourLayoverStationTransportation& AccommodationProvided by Norwegian.

YourTravelBenefits
ID travel benefits are provided to you and your qualifying family members on Norwegian services according to current policies
Service Tickets are provided to pilots for duty travel in conjunction with work

YourInsurance
Both Medical and Personal Accident and Illness insurance is provided by OSM Aviation Loss of License insurance covers two years basic pay

Your Training

For near-type-rated (B737E/NG, B744, B748, B757/767) your type-rating course will be 17 days.

Forthosewitha type-rating on B777, when qualified, the license will be endorsed withB777/B787as they are considered same type
TrainingwillbeperformedattrainingcentresineitherLondonGatwickorMiamiToqualifyfora short-courses you must be fully current

The Training Cost Bond

Unless you are B787 or B777 rated, before commencing training you must sign a training cost bond which will be reduced by 1/3 annually
- For pilots current on B737E/NG,B744,B748,orB757/767,theisUSD30,000
- Forall other ratings the bond is USD 40,000

Your Contract

Your contract will be a 3-year renewable OSM Aviation contract, within 2 years you must however, successfully pass the test for the EASA ATPL if not yet in possession of such.
You must be able to pass the EASA Class 1 medical, and you must take an ICAO English test (EPL) if you have never passed this previously, even if you have automatically been awarded an EPL level by your current authority.
Old 02-24-2017, 04:09 AM
Gets Weekends Off

I was on mobile and didn't see the attachment. Yup, this is direct cut/paste from what they sent me.

Seems....underwhelming, especially with a 3 year contract.
Old 02-24-2017, 05:17 AM
weekends off? Nope...

Joined APC: Apr 2014

Originally Posted by JTwift View Post
I filled out the app two days ago and got an invite this morning for interview in Miami in early March.

I didn't quite expect this quick of a turnaround, to be honest. I also can't find a single thing about their pilot pay scales (I guess just extrapolate the Euro pay into USD?)

Interview invite 2 days after applying? Guess that says a lot about the place and the lack of applicants.
Old 02-24-2017, 05:52 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Smooth at FL450 View Post
Interview invite 2 days after applying? Guess that says a lot about the place and the lack of applicants.
Yeah, I wasn't expecting that.
Old 02-24-2017, 06:32 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Position: 6th place

Yeah, I wasn't expecting that.

What appeals to you about working at NAI?
Old 02-24-2017, 07:12 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by mainlineAF View Post
What appeals to you about working at NAI?
Well, I admittedly put my apps in late in the game. I'm retiring from the AF soon. So, I applied, but I also couldn't find anything about their US pay, etc.

So.....Yeah. I'm in a unique (for me) position where I get one free move to anywhere in the US. I can finally pick where I want to go. Now it's just a matter of finding a job.
Old 02-24-2017, 07:16 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Position: 6th place

[QUOTE=JTwift;2307970]Well, I admittedly put my apps in late in the game. I'm retiring from the AF soon. So, I applied, but I also couldn't find anything about their US pay, etc.

So.....Yeah. I'm in a unique (for me) position where I get one free move to anywhere in the US. I can finally pick where I want to go. Now it's just a matter of finding a job.[/

Please do more research on NAI. As a retiring Mil guy you can get a job at a major fairly easily. May take a short stint at a regional. DO NOT accept a 3 year bond for a crappy job that will tarnish you for a long time.
Old 02-24-2017, 07:31 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2013
Position: On the hotel shuttle

Well, I admittedly put my apps in late in the game. I'm retiring from the AF soon. So, I applied, but I also couldn't find anything about their US pay, etc.

So.....Yeah. I'm in a unique (for me) position where I get one free move to anywhere in the US. I can finally pick where I want to go. Now it's just a matter of finding a job.
Good God, man. Do some research right here on APC about this outfit first.

Last edited by GogglesPisano; 02-24-2017 at 08:13 AM.
Old 02-24-2017, 07:44 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2010
Position: DOWNGRADE COMPLETE: Thanks Gary. Thanks SWAPA.

Might want to factor in the aspect of being considered on par with a scab by many if you take this job. That could hamper your future plans to move onto some place else when you inevitably get tired of being grossly overworked and severely underpaid.

Personally, I'd get educated a little on how much hate there is for this carrier and anyone flying for them. I'd avoid it like a hooker from sub-Sahara Africa.