Position: Seated

Originally Posted by KnightFlyer View Post
Here are the details...
Thank you very much.
Old 02-28-2017, 03:39 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2006

Starts 1 March, same website:

We are launching the new Personal Endorsement (PE) process on Wednesday, March 1, 2017. This new process allows eligible crew members to provide an applicant recommendation once every ten years. The most effective and reliable PE's will be based on your first-hand knowledge of the candidate's aviation skills, work experience and fit with our FedEx culture.

Applicant basic minimum qualifications are listed on the Pilot Credentials website; however, our recent hiring trends focus on candidates who have over 1000 PIC hours in turbine multi engine or jet aircraft (greater than 12,500 lbs). Recency of experience is also important, and successful candidates have had at least 100 hours in turbine powered aircraft in the previous 12 months.

Please refer to the FAQ below for more information about the PE process. We value your input. Our very busy Pilot Recruitment team can be reached through INSITE - "Personal Endorsement". Please direct questions on technical issues to [email protected].

Frequently Asked Questions
1. When does the new PE process go into effect?
PE's may be entered into PilotCredentials.com beginning Wednesday March 1st.
2. Why am I limited to one PE during a 10-year period?
We believe the new process will increase the quality and significance of endorsements based on a crew member's personal, first-hand experience with a candidate.
3. When does my 10-year limit start?
If you choose to endorse a candidate under the new process, your PE will be date and time-stamped, and the 10-year period will begin to run from that date.
4. A candidate I recommended before the program was implemented was just offered an interview this week. Will I be able to give a PE to another candidate?
Yes. The new limit of one PE in a 10-year period will only be applied prospectively. If you recommended a candidate who was hired recently, you will still have one PE to use in the next ten-year period, provided you have not been disciplined in the past five years.
5. Does a PE mean my candidate will automatically be interviewed?
No. Candidates must still submit a profile on PilotCredentials.com and they must meet the qualification and experience requirements which place them in the zone of consideration.
6. Is a PE required for a candidate to be considered?
No. There are many highly qualified candidates who may not know a current FedEx pilot. Our selection process gives primary consideration to a candidate's skill level and experience.
7. Can a candidate have multiple PE's?
Yes. The fact that multiple FedEx pilots use their PE's to endorse the same candidate is significant and will be given appropriate consideration.
8. How can I find out if the candidate I endorsed is in the zone of consideration?
Flight Recruitment and Flight Management do not discuss comparative qualifications of applicants with anyone who is not involved in the selection process.
9. Will I be notified if the candidate I endorsed is unsuccessful at any step of the selection process?
No. Flight Recruitment communicates this confidential information only to applicants.
10. Will I have an opportunity to endorse another candidate if the candidate I endorse is not within the zone of consideration or fails a step in the selection process?
No. FedEx crew members are limited to one PE in a ten-year period and we hope you will exercise discretion to endorse only the best qualified candidates.
11. If I change my mind about a candidate for whom I have submitted a PE can I withdraw it and endorse another candidate?
No. These rules are designed to ensure PE's are well thought-out and used judiciously.
12. Will my PE be canceled if I receive discipline after I submit a PE on behalf of a candidate?
No.
13. I recommended a candidate last year who is still in the applicant pool, but I do not plan to use my one PE for this candidate. Will he/she be negatively impacted?
No. If you choose not to use your one in ten PE for this candidate, it will not be held against him/her.
14. I recommended a candidate last year who is still in the applicant pool, and I plan to use my one PE for this candidate. Will I still need to go into the system and draft a new PE?
Yes. All existing recommendations will be purged from the system on February 28, 2017 - we will then be working with a clean slate. On March 1, 2017, you will be required to go to PilotCredentials.com to enter your PE on behalf of this candidate.
15. The candidate I recommended has already been hired by another company, may I rescind this candidate and push for another PE?
No. These rules are designed to ensure PE's are well thought-out and used judiciously.
16. Are Probationary Pilots allowed to make a PE?
No. They may make a PE only after completing their Probationary Year.
17. How may I get access to the minimum qualifications required for an interview?
The minimums are posted in PilotCredentials.com (select FedEx) then select the header, "Qualifications".
18. The candidate that I wish to endorse has multiple applications under his/her name on PilotCredentials.com. How may I expunge his/her old application(s) so that they are not used in the PE program?
If you have any issues with applicants having multiple applications on file within PilotCredentials.com, be sure to get the correct email associated with the latest application from your applicant. If the applicant would like to expunge old applications, please make have them contact via the following email address to have an old application(s) expunged: [email protected]
19. After filling out a Personal Endorsement and submitting, I received a message "email address not found", what should I do?
The questionnaire has been programmed to accept only valid email addresses connected with applications within the Pilot Credentials data base. If you receive this message, you will need to make contact with your applicant, verify the correct email address and make the correction on the questionnaire.
Old 02-28-2017, 04:35 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Nov 2016

Expect the number of offline jumpseaters on FedEx to explode as they ride around the system asking for Personal Endorsements.
Old 03-01-2017, 12:34 AM
Not a real airline pilot

Joined APC: Jul 2016
Position: Cargo > Pax

I'll be very interested to see the data on when guys give a PE vs when that candidate is offered an interview under this new system. If it's as powerful as they're leading us to believe, it should be a silver bullet for an interview.

If it's not, then they just castrated the pilot corps's ability to recommend anyone. "Once every decade, you can throw a name in the hat if you makes you feel better. And by hat, we mean that circular filing bin over in the corner next to the recycle container."
Old 03-01-2017, 08:19 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2005

Frequently Asked Questions
8. How can I find out if the candidate I endorsed is in the zone of consideration?
Flight Recruitment and Flight Management do not discuss comparative qualifications of applicants with anyone who is not involved in the selection process.
17. How may I get access to the minimum qualifications required for an interview?
The minimums are posted in PilotCredentials.com (select FedEx) then select the header, "Qualifications".
Here's my problem. There's someone I would want to use my PE on. They have 10,000+ MD-11 hours, but they don't have the 1,000 Turbine PIC, which is only recommended now, not required.

I'd use my PE if I knew that not having the 1,000 TPIC still put my candidate in the "ZoC," but if the lack of 1,000 TPIC knocks them out of the ZoC then I'd want to hold onto it.

If you're going to handcuff guys to a decade long recommendation window, at least let them know if it's worth shooting that silver bullet.
Old 03-01-2017, 09:21 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2014

Originally Posted by DirtyPurple View Post
I'll be very interested to see the data on when guys give a PE vs when that candidate is offered an interview under this new system. If it's as powerful as they're leading us to believe, it should be a silver bullet for an interview.

If it's not, then they just castrated the pilot corps's ability to recommend anyone. "Once every decade, you can throw a name in the hat if you makes you feel better. And by hat, we mean that circular filing bin over in the corner next to the recycle container."
This whole thing is ridiculous! The airline industry is hiring at a record rate and a "silver bullet" recommendation holds very little if any weight in deciding who the company will interview in the near future.

Those I've been recommending for years now have a great job and one even told me not to waste my "bullet". I'm glad they are flushing the old system down the drain. The fact is, people will apply as usual but their not going to wait around and they would be foolish to do so! So what's the point? Does it make the pilot group feel better having a pseudo say in who we hire? Instead of "silver bullet", we should call it powerball.

Last edited by 155mm; 03-01-2017 at 09:33 AM.
Old 03-17-2017, 03:00 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2017

A pilot recently submitted a PE for me. Under the old system I could see on PilotCredentials that a pilot had submitted a recommendation for me. However, I do not see any confirmation on PC now that I have recived the endorsement. Is that just the way the new system is, or should I know it when I receive the endorsement? I just want to make sure it's attached to my app properly.

Thanks!
Old 03-19-2017, 12:36 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Feb 2017

Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
A pilot recently submitted a PE for me. Under the old system I could see on PilotCredentials that a pilot had submitted a recommendation for me. However, I do not see any confirmation on PC now that I have recived the endorsement. Is that just the way the new system is, or should I know it when I receive the endorsement? I just want to make sure it's attached to my app properly.

Thanks!
Skyward,

Samsees. I had a PE under the old, it showed up as you said. Then when system reset, it disappeared and my friend resubmitted. It didn't show up. Like a dummy I emailed FDX pilot credentials support and they replied within minutes, yes I did have a PE under new system and that it didn't show on PC references tab anymore by design. All that to say, you're probably good to go.
Old 03-20-2017, 07:26 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Nov 2016

Can a FedEx pilot endorse someone they have not flown with but know personally the character and values of that person? If they can still use the endorsement, would it be a waste due to the fact that they haven't flown with that person?
Old 03-20-2017, 09:04 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2017

Originally Posted by Flanders View Post
Skyward,

Samsees. I had a PE under the old, it showed up as you said. Then when system reset, it disappeared and my friend resubmitted. It didn't show up. Like a dummy I emailed FDX pilot credentials support and they replied within minutes, yes I did have a PE under new system and that it didn't show on PC references tab anymore by design. All that to say, you're probably good to go.
Thanks Flanders! That makes me feel better. I started to email PC a couple of times also but never did. My friend that endorsed me said that he got an email confirmation when he submitted, so I'll just have to trust that it's linked to my app. Thanks for the info and good luck!