Notices
Hangar Talk For non-aviation-related discussion and aviation threads that don't belong elsewhere

Gun at checkpoint

Old 04-20-2017, 03:05 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'

Originally Posted by rickair7777 View Post
Who's looking to shut it down? Anybody in a position of relevance?
Originally Posted by John Carr View Post
What rickair asked. Who's looking to shut it down?

You work for the FAA USMC, please expand.

Reference my previous posts on this topic.
Who is it that everyone is scared of shutting down the program referenced in this thread. Anybody/or agency that thinks that anyone *skipping* regular security could be a "threat"

You can get media people (bloggers on up) like this that will influence the social media masses which may end of causing their politicians to start looking at the program:
https://www.schneier.com/blog/archiv...rfeit_pil.html

So rick air and john carr.......you guys aren't worried about the future and viability of the KCM if there are continued...............uh not sure if abuses is the right word here but I try it on for size in any case. Others in the this thread certainly consider it a step in the wrong direction.

Btw John Carr - yes I work for FAA Flight Inspection Services (or said in another way 'Flight Check' as it states in my profile). Of course I have insider information about everything!
Originally Posted by Airhoss View Post
The Federal Aviation Agency United States Marine Corps! Now that's a scary thought!

Maybe the comma was misplaced?
No Airhoss - - - we're trying out a *new* organization. An armed FAA
Old 04-20-2017, 05:16 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2011

At least they didn't find any narcotics. Or did he presumably dispose of a troublesome wife in a wood chipper, ambush a romantic rival, practice medicine without license, get himself intentionally locked out of the cockpit by an F/O after heading back to launch an impromptu passenger interrogation. Would you believe me if I told you I know a former inspector arrested for planting fake bombs behind shampoo and under meat at grocery stores just to watch people react?

KCM, made sense, until it didn't.
Old 04-20-2017, 05:29 AM
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Originally Posted by USMCFLYR View Post
Who is it that everyone is scared of shutting down the program referenced in this thread. Anybody/or agency that thinks that anyone *skipping* regular security could be a "threat"

You can get media people (bloggers on up) like this that will influence the social media masses which may end of causing their politicians to start looking at the program:
https://www.schneier.com/blog/archiv...rfeit_pil.html

So rick air and john carr.......you guys aren't worried about the future and viability of the KCM if there are continued...............uh not sure if abuses is the right word here but I try it on for size in any case. Others in the this thread certainly consider it a step in the wrong direction.

Btw John Carr - yes I work for FAA Flight Inspection Services (or said in another way 'Flight Check' as it states in my profile). Of course I have insider information about everything!

It was a serious question. There are always going to be occasional glitches with KCM, people are people. That's probably not a threat to the program as long as they're few and far between. The media is always going to blow hot air over anything headline-grabbing. I'd be concerned is some senator was making it a personal crusade to kill KCM.

Intentional smuggling of big-ticket contraband is more of a threat to the program, but that's more rare than brain-farts like this (I'm assuming dude didn't intentionally bring his gun to work).

If terrorists utilized KCM that would be a problem.

Also...TSA actually likes KCM. They're caught between limited funding one hand and public/congressional resentment and hatred on the other, so anything that frees up capacity and reduces wait times is a win for them.
Old 04-20-2017, 05:30 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: 767/757 CA

the real issue is ground staff walking through some of our airports without being cleared through security... KCM is the least of our worries.
Old 04-20-2017, 05:33 AM
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Originally Posted by ugleeual View Post
the real issue is ground staff walking through some of our airports without being cleared through security... KCM is the least of our worries.
Yeah I never understood that at all.
Old 04-20-2017, 06:12 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2013

The Federal Aviation Agency United States Marine Corps! Now that's a scary thought!

Maybe the comma was misplaced?
Because commas matter!!!!

Let's eat, grandma vs. let's eat grandma

Originally Posted by ugleeual View Post
Agreed. Seems as if there's more cases ground staff and the even the TSA bringing stuff through than flight crew.
Old 04-20-2017, 02:46 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: Sleeping in the black swan’s nest.

Originally Posted by USMCFLYR View Post
PLC is going to be in Oklahoma city or Quantico?
Old 04-20-2017, 03:10 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2013

More important question, what about ticks, bugs, and snakes?

6 months ya know....

(commas used appropriately, I think)
Old 04-20-2017, 05:30 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'

Originally Posted by John Carr View Post
More important question, what about ticks, bugs, and snakes?

6 months ya know....

(commas used appropriately, I think)
PLC right at the MMAC - TBS down south on the outskirts of Tuttle
Old 04-21-2017, 01:47 AM
Disinterested Third Party

Joined APC: Jun 2012

A police officer caught an international flight through LAX yesterday, with a handgun in carry-on. The officer notified authorities upon reaching the destination and discovering the firearm.

Perhaps someone here can look into setting up an impromptu crucifixion.