Notices
Flight Schools and Training Ratings, building hours, airmanship, CFI topics

Encore Flight Academy

Old 04-22-2017, 03:31 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Mar 2017
Default Encore Flight Academy

Looking into Encore Flight Academy (https://encoreflight.com/) to pursue my career in flying. I wanted to see if anyone has heard of this flight school, if so, what do you think about it? I read their reviews on yelp but they seem super fishy like they force people to write positive reviews on yelp.

Thanks
Old 08-26-2017, 05:41 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Aug 2017

Originally Posted by sadietp View Post
Looking into Encore Flight Academy (https://encoreflight.com/) to pursue my career in flying. I wanted to see if anyone has heard of this flight school, if so, what do you think about it? I read their reviews on yelp but they seem super fishy like they force people to write positive reviews on yelp.

Thanks
They are a very shady company. Stay away from them, don't even look that way. Most of their 5 star reviews are fake and they bribe students to write positive reviews. The real reviews are hidden. You can find them if you scroll to the bottom of the page.
Old 06-02-2018, 03:03 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jun 2018

Good job scrutinizing the reviews. You are right, their reviews seem to be generic and overwhelmingly from people who only took a test flight. Not one is from a happy customer who actually completed a whole course or got a license there. I am about to sue them for a breach of contract.
Old 06-09-2018, 12:28 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: May 2011

I went here to do my MEI. Plane was terrible and was down quite a bit. I gave a rather large time frame to the chief pilot that I wanted to complete my MEI. I've been flying for a while and know that delays in training are frequent (weather,maintenance,instructor availability etc.) After 4 months and barely flying at all I asked for the remaining money in my account to be returned. I put 5k down and only used 1k. they refused and said it wasn't my money anymore! I originally was going to sue but I went through my credit card company and issued a chargeback.

Alex abbasi was the chief pilot and owner of the company and is a shady as hell guy. I did a writeup on these forums and google, yelp, anywhere I could to warn people.

I've been flying for 10 years and never dealt with a more shady place. Stay far away