Notices

June COLA

Old 05-02-2017, 10:34 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2016

Originally Posted by TenYearsGone View Post
When you are part of a UNION, it does not matter if you have single, personal issues. Those issues should not hinder your UNION's collective goals.

I apologize for divorces, bankruptcies and sick children; picking up extra time will not heal those issues. Picking up extra time like this hinders your whole agenda as a collective bargaining entity.

TEN
We have received no guidance about whether to, or not to pick up open time. The only guidance we have received is "business as usual." I commute so I don't pick up open time. But I'm curious. Do you care to explain how picking up a open time trip hinders negotiations?
I got a JA call early am a couple of days ago, my first in months. I was asleep so I didn't get it. It would have been almost $2000 for a measly two day, with a dehead on the back end. If I would have taken this how this hurt the union? I really want to know where you guys are coming from.
Old 05-02-2017, 10:49 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2016

Originally Posted by SFA320 View Post
We have received no guidance about whether to, or not to pick up open time. The only guidance we have received is "business as usual." I commute so I don't pick up open time. But I'm curious. Do you care to explain how picking up a open time trip hinders negotiations?
I got a JA call early am a couple of days ago, my first in months. I was asleep so I didn't get it. It would have been almost $2000 for a measly two day, with a dehead on the back end. If I would have taken this how this hurt the union? I really want to know where you guys are coming from.
Our union has never asked us to not pick up open time.
That would be considered a job action.
Old 05-02-2017, 11:38 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Airbus F/O

The Union keeps emphasizing work as usual, pick up open time as usual. It is important that we do not show anything that could be construed as a work action as it will negatively reflect upon our negotiations. Please do not tell people not to pick up open time. That being said, people who picked up open time on 4/19 who were not on probabtion. Bad on you. You should have gone to the picket, instead of self serving yourself.
Old 05-02-2017, 12:43 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2008

Originally Posted by phoenix 23684 View Post
That being said, people who picked up open time on 4/19 who were not on probabtion. Bad on you. You should have gone to the picket, instead of self serving yourself.
To do that would have been a work action. That said, it would have been nice if everyone who wasn't working on the 19th had walked with us.

The fastest way to a strike is to be blameless in this process.
Old 05-02-2017, 02:26 PM
ILL BEE DAT

Joined APC: Aug 2006
Position: Rollin' Down tha 405

Originally Posted by Trowserchilli View Post
Ding!

I wonder how all this bickering on the Spirit forum is going to work for them once a judge/management sees what they're saying.
Old 05-02-2017, 02:33 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2015

Originally Posted by FAULTPUSH View Post
To do that would have been a work action. That said, it would have been nice if everyone who wasn't working on the 19th had walked with us.

The fastest way to a strike is to be blameless in this process.
I seriously doubt that one day would be considered a work action when they should have been walking. No excuses on the 19th. Probies not included. Thanks to you on probation who picked up trips so others could walk.
Old 05-02-2017, 03:58 PM
Moderate Moderator

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Curator at Static Display

Don't post names, initials, or other identifying info here.

Spirit's forum has gotten so bad, I'm going to start putting the poster's screenname in place of any individuals named.

So don't.
Old 05-02-2017, 05:58 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2015

Originally Posted by Trowserchilli View Post
I'm pretty sure no one was referring to open time.
Old 05-02-2017, 06:38 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2016

Originally Posted by Flymonkey10 View Post
I'm pretty sure no one was referring to open time.
This was the statement about four posts above.

"We have received no guidance about whether to, or not to pick up open time. The only guidance we have received is "business as usual." I commute so I don't pick up open time. But I'm curious. Do you care to explain how picking up a open time trip hinders negotiations?"

The reference and my response was to open time.
Old 05-02-2017, 08:47 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: KCCO

Originally Posted by SFA320 View Post
Ask Delta pilots how not picking up open time worked put for them in the late 90's/early 2000's. It takes away bargaining power and wastes time and resources that could otherwise be focused on the primary goal.

http://caselaw.findlaw.com/us-11th-circuit/1362939.html

Just maintain the status quo. We are not fighting a fair fight, but it's that easy and it's the best thing we can do for our pilot group.

Last edited by etflies; 05-02-2017 at 09:02 PM.