Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Career Builder > Career Questions
Making the Leap (and documenting it) >

Making the Leap (and documenting it)

Notices
Career Questions Career advice, interview prep and gouges, job fairs, etc.

Making the Leap (and documenting it)

Old 07-21-2017, 08:04 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2015
Default Making the Leap (and documenting it)

I've been giving it some serious thought for many years now, and it looks like I'm going to be making the leap we're all asking about there. As I've watched these forums, there a few questions that routinely pop up time and again. The main one, in this section, is always 'am I too old?'.

Maybe I can help. I'm 30, and I'm doing it.

I've been poking around the forums for some time now, and I've had the opportunity to interview a handful of Captains with a few different airlines. After a long time of agonizing over the details and wondering if the timing would ever be right, I've decided just to do it. I'm leaving my job, selling my house, moving to another state, and switching careers.

I'm going to be documenting the entire process, starting today with another lesson with my instructor. I'm going to be documenting the entire journey, from finishing my PPL, to my eventual CFI work and beyond.

I encourage each of you considering making the career change, or just those of you who want to get started with training, to do so. Feel free to PM me any questions/comments/concerns and I'll do my best to point you toward my sources/resources in making this happen.

Best of luck all!