Notices
Republic Airways Regional Airline

MCI?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2017, 08:29 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2017
Default MCI?

Hello all. I was looking at finally putting in an App to republic. I would be attempting to get MCI and eventually a line there as quick as possible because it’s about a 3 hour drive to that base for me. That’s about as convienent as I can make it at any regional from where I live currently. I was curious as to how likely it would be to get MCI as a new hire? If it’s a more senior base (which i feel like is the case) how long/difficult to get MCI and then how long after that to actually getting a line? Thanks
Old 10-26-2017, 07:09 AM
Currently Furloughed

Joined APC: Mar 2014
Position: C172 Captain

Originally Posted by Mundergun View Post
Hello all. I was looking at finally putting in an App to republic. I would be attempting to get MCI and eventually a line there as quick as possible because it’s about a 3 hour drive to that base for me. That’s about as convienent as I can make it at any regional from where I live currently. I was curious as to how likely it would be to get MCI as a new hire? If it’s a more senior base (which i feel like is the case) how long/difficult to get MCI and then how long after that to actually getting a line? Thanks
A recent new hire was just awarded MCI while still in training, so it is possible to do. But, with that being said, that may not be the case for you. As with any base, things are fluid and depends solely on base needs at the current point in time. Personally, I was in LGA for 2 months before being awarded MCI.

Same goes for holding a line; it’s constantly changing. It took me over a year to hold a line in MCI, but it looks like recently that has been reduced significantly. You’re probably looking at around 6 months currently.

As for how senior of a base it is, MCI is now less senior than MIA, PIT, IND, and ORD. A year ago it was one of the most senior bases. So it’s basically right in the middle of our bases in regards to seniority for FOs. Again, this changes every month based on company needs.

Good luck!
Old 10-26-2017, 08:06 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2017

Thanks for all the info! One follow up question is how does reserve work? Is there more than one type of reserve I heard it depends on the airline
Old 10-26-2017, 08:12 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2013

What is the junior FO DOH in MIA? Also which base has the shortest reserve currently? thanks.
Old 10-26-2017, 09:29 AM
Currently Furloughed

Joined APC: Mar 2014
Position: C172 Captain

Originally Posted by Mundergun View Post
Thanks for all the info! One follow up question is how does reserve work? Is there more than one type of reserve I heard it depends on the airline
2 types of reserve here at YX:

1) Short call (2 hour callout)
2) Long call (12 hour callout)

Short call is split up into AM and PM reserve, so you’d get either or. It’s fairly unlikely you’ll get long call unless you’re pretty senior.

We do not have airport standby reserve which is a huge plus for QOL.