Notices
Part 91 and Low Time Jump pilots, crop dusting, and other Part 91 jobs

Aperture Aviation

Old 12-06-2017, 01:17 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2017
Default Aperture Aviation

I have 800 TT, no multi or CFI time and am just getting started in the industry. I am particularly interested in applying to Aperture Aviation

Line Pilot - Aperture Aviation

I see that it mentions that one of the requirements is that one has flown 120 hrs in the past year. Does anyone know if this is a hard requirement, or would they be willing to let that slide?

I've flown 60 hrs in the past year. That being said, I'm always IFR current and proficient and keep my instrument skills up to snuff always.

Unfortunately, I don't see a contact phone number for them, otherwise I'd give them a call and ask.

Thanks
Old 12-06-2017, 02:26 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2017

Send in you resume and fill out their online application.

With your total time, I am confident they will at least give you a call.
(I fly for them, but am new, and not in the hiring loop, but I know they are usually willing to talk to an interested applicant)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-06-2017, 03:00 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Thanks Ray that's very helpful. I did exactly that and will keep you posted
Old 12-07-2017, 03:26 AM
Line Holder

Default Aperture

My sim partner here at Flight Safety, is a former Aperture pilot (we are both new hire FOs). His experience there was good and helped prepare him for a 121 job, as it is a crewed environment. If I was in need of a job, I would go there.
Gumby
Old 12-25-2017, 09:10 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jan 2017

Hey all,

I have 465 hours TT, I know their website says 500 minimum, do you think it would be worth sending in an application?

Also, does anyone know what pay is like?

Thanks!
Old 12-26-2017, 07:56 AM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by aviatorchick77 View Post
Hey all,

I have 465 hours TT, I know their website says 500 minimum, do you think it would be worth sending in an application?

Also, does anyone know what pay is like?

Thanks!

I would go ahead and send it in, but be prepared to answer the question of how soon you will have 500? If you can do that in a month or two, go for it. If that is six months for you, that might be trickier. (IMHO)

Starting salary is about $38,500, plus per diem ($46/day).

Decent benefits (again, my opinion)

Nice place to work. I have enjoyed it (started in July).

I have been very impressed with the corporate/safety culture. They have a very conservative FOM, and they stand by it - I have not gotten any pressure to bend rules or push boundaries from the company.

In fact, I have been pleasantly surprised at how quickly they took the word of a brand new pilot (me) when I called with an issue/question and got a “OK - plan is grounded - find me a mechanic on the field”

I have to admit, in both cases, if it were my personal plane, I might very well have flown the plane again before grounding it.

Old 12-26-2017, 04:08 PM
New Hire

Originally Posted by rayburton72 View Post
I would go ahead and send it in, but be prepared to answer the question of how soon you will have 500? If you can do that in a month or two, go for it. If that is six months for you, that might be trickier. (IMHO)

Starting salary is about $38,500, plus per diem ($46/day).

Decent benefits (again, my opinion)

Nice place to work. I have enjoyed it (started in July).

I have been very impressed with the corporate/safety culture. They have a very conservative FOM, and they stand by it - I have not gotten any pressure to bend rules or push boundaries from the company.

In fact, I have been pleasantly surprised at how quickly they took the word of a brand new pilot (me) when I called with an issue/question and got a “OK - plan is grounded - find me a mechanic on the field”

I have to admit, in both cases, if it were my personal plane, I might very well have flown the plane again before grounding it.

Good information, thank you! I sent you a PM
Old 12-26-2017, 04:09 PM
New Hire

Thanks for the info!! I send you a PM
Old 01-17-2018, 09:13 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2018
Default Interested. But not sure

I'm interested In this job but I really don't k ow what they do. I'm currently a CFI with 640 hours and meet all requirements. But I'm wondering if this is a seasonal job? How many hours do you make doing this a month?, if someone with experience on working with the company can pm me I'd appreciate it a lot thanks.
Old 01-24-2018, 09:34 PM
Line Holder

Job is year round. Decent pay, benefits and nice perks (keep your airline miles and hotel/rental car points)

Company paid airline to/from rotation each week, single occupancy hotels room (share the rental car - two pilot crew)

Not a fast time build, as weather, mx, ATC can all keep you from flying. And with two pilots, you are swapping seats each flight.

Pay is salary, so sitting doesn’t hurt the wallet.