Search
Notices

Avg Calendar Day, LOS approved

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2018, 01:25 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2016
Position: 6th place

The above is spot on. I find the argument that the company has no intention of implementing ACD to be ridiculous.

Having ACD and LOS resolved before early openers will be huge. Otherwise that will take up a big slice of the pie.
Old 01-12-2018, 02:06 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2016

Originally Posted by mainlineAF View Post
The above is spot on. I find the argument that the company has no intention of implementing ACD to be ridiculous.

Having ACD and LOS resolved before early openers will be huge. Otherwise that will take up a big slice of the pie.
I used to follow him on CnR, but for some reason Andy has gone off the deep end with this deal. Not sure what his agenda is.

The above is just flat out wrong. There are penalties to US if we don't float vacation. $1.5 mil is chump change to the company. It is unlikely we see this implemented before openers.

But more importantly, why are we giving any concessions right now?

The vote should be a no unless ACD is implemented sooner (concurrent with ATtachment 3 or attachment 3 is deleted).

The negotiating committee is against this deal. That should tell you a lot.
Old 01-12-2018, 02:19 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2006

Not entirely true. **SOME** of the negotiating committee is against it - not the entire committee.

Andy is just about the smartest guru on everything contractual - smarter than most on the negotiating committee. If he says it’s a good deal, it’s a good deal. He’s been right on many counts fo many years on other issues.
Old 01-12-2018, 02:38 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Mover View Post
I used to follow him on CnR, but for some reason Andy has gone off the deep end with this deal. Not sure what his agenda is.

The above is just flat out wrong. There are penalties to US if we don't float vacation. $1.5 mil is chump change to the company. It is unlikely we see this implemented before openers.

But more importantly, why are we giving any concessions right now?

The vote should be a no unless ACD is implemented sooner (concurrent with ATtachment 3 or attachment 3 is deleted).

The negotiating committee is against this deal. That should tell you a lot.

If we don’t float they extend the implementation deadline because of staffing requirements. They can’t flip a switch and just turn on ACD. That’s logical.

Like aa73 said not all of the negotiating committee is against this. However, the negotiating committee was for the fatigue memo and the BOD voted that down. So now they listen to the NC?

There’s so much political BS at play here. USAPians who would vote down anything bc they hate everything about Parker and co, LAA infighting, etc. Thats what bothers me.
Old 01-12-2018, 02:44 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by aa73 View Post
Not entirely true. **SOME** of the negotiating committee is against it - not the entire committee.

Andy is just about the smartest guru on everything contractual - smarter than most on the negotiating committee. If he says it’s a good deal, it’s a good deal. He’s been right on many counts fo many years on other issues.
Several that I personally know are against it. Smart folks that were recently on CCC. Good enough for me.

I would've agreed about Andy prior to this, but I've been following him on Facebook, LOSNOW, and C&R. It seems like he's come unhinged about this deal. No idea why he's pushing so hard.

Attachment 3 is a concession. We don't need to be giving away anything. APA needs to enforce our contract.

I don't have any faith in the company to implement ACD. Why would they? Hell we can't even get basic items in our contract implemented, and Attachment 3 proves they're going to do whatever they want anyway.

No thanks.
Old 01-12-2018, 02:47 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by mainlineAF View Post

There’s so much political BS at play here. USAPians who would vote down anything bc they hate everything about Parker and co, LAA infighting, etc. Thats what bothers me.
That was all before my time. Having read Attachment 3 and seen how the company implements things that benefit us, I am firmly against this deal as written.
Old 01-12-2018, 02:52 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Mover View Post

I don't have any faith in the company to implement ACD. Why would they? Hell we can't even get basic items in our contract implemented, and Attachment 3 proves they're going to do whatever they want anyway.

No thanks.

Why would they? Because it’s the same management team that gave us profit sharing (weak as it is), an 8% raise and A1 deadheads outside of section 6.

Look I’m no company man and I understand management isn’t necessarily our friend. But I’m with AW on this. The gets heavily outweigh everything else.
Old 01-12-2018, 03:48 PM
Gets Weekends Off

He’s pushing hard because he knows it’s a win for us. He has no other agenda.

And contrary to the popular line of thinking... Approving this deal actually paves the way for quicker scheduling implementation, which is what we want.

*NOT* approving this deal keeps us in the Dark Ages and the company keeping up their daily violations...but on top of that, we lose out on ACD and LOS, yet two more items we would need to negotiate, while giving up who knows what.

And finally, not approving this deal tells the company, “hey, if we screw up, the pilots will fix it for us... for practically free.”
Old 01-13-2018, 11:20 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Any idea how the BOD is leaning?

I know CLT, PHL, 1 MIA and DCA are all no.
Old 01-13-2018, 11:42 AM
Gets Weekends Off

It’s split evenly down the middle from what I’ve heard. But the union is being inundated with Vote No sound offs, so my gut feeling is that it will be voted down.