Notices
Cargo Part 121 cargo airlines

Western Global Airlines

Old 01-16-2018, 02:31 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2016
Position: Md11

Originally Posted by robthree View Post
Fatigue, social isolation, depression, alcoholism.

But mostly fatigue.
Hahaha😂😂 thats a good one
Old 01-17-2018, 04:38 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: 777, sofa

Originally Posted by Need4speed21 View Post
Hahaha😂😂 thats a good one
ACMI is a tough gig.

It is always an adventure. And makes for great stories. But its also a job I'm glad I used to have. If they pay isn't significantly better than flying for a regional, I would not consider it.
Old 01-17-2018, 06:08 AM
VHR-very happily retired

Joined APC: Aug 2007
Position: Retired

Originally Posted by robthree View Post
ACMI is a tough gig.

It is always an adventure. And makes for great stories. But its also a job I'm glad I used to have. If they pay isn't significantly better than flying for a regional, I would not consider it.
If you are young, I would suggest that you go for it here. Go see the world, go fly a bigger aircraft and most importantly, go have some fun. Stop trying to justify, following your dreams. If you are young, you can always quit and go in a different direction like Rob3 has done. Even if you are not young, how will you feel if you were financially able to take the leap and didn’t. When you are retired do you want to regale your friends with stories about overnights in GSP or stories about seeing the Northern Lights and sunrises and sunsets over exotic lands. Sometimes on these boards we lose sight of why we actually became pilots.
Old 01-17-2018, 10:19 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2011

Very well said, MAXJET!

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk
Old 01-17-2018, 11:41 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2016
Position: 135 CA

Originally Posted by maxjet View Post
If you are young, I would suggest that you go for it here. Go see the world, go fly a bigger aircraft and most importantly, go have some fun. Stop trying to justify, following your dreams. If you are young, you can always quit and go in a different direction like Rob3 has done. Even if you are not young, how will you feel if you were financially able to take the leap and didn’t. When you are retired do you want to regale your friends with stories about overnights in GSP or stories about seeing the Northern Lights and sunrises and sunsets over exotic lands. Sometimes on these boards we lose sight of why we actually became pilots.

Man we need more guys like yourself. All you read on these threads nowadays is how ****ty everything is. It's refreshing to see a positive and encouraging message.
Old 01-23-2018, 09:45 AM
Line Holder

Hey guys just got the call from Western Global,what im i getting my self into help please thanks
Old 01-23-2018, 12:22 PM
Banned

Joined APC: Feb 2017

Originally Posted by Need4speed21 View Post
Hey guys just got the call from Western Global,what im i getting my self into help please thanks
Remember the movie, "The Matrix"? Well, you are about to swallow the pill... I can't speak for Western Global, but over at Kalitta, 99.9% of the new hires love it.
Go for it, experience it.
Old 01-23-2018, 01:33 PM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by No Land 3 View Post
Remember the movie, "The Matrix"? Well, you are about to swallow the pill... I can't speak for Western Global, but over at Kalitta, 99.9% of the new hires love it.
Thank you i got my Skype interview next Monday im exited,i really want to try it out and learn a lot if they Hire me 😄😄
Old 01-23-2018, 03:50 PM
Line Holder

And i also like the Matrix 😂😂
Old 01-26-2018, 02:01 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2017
Position: King Air 350 Captain

As a young new hire just finishing up my second month on the line, im gonna say I agree with this guy and max. I swallowed the pill, and im loving the hell out of it! Mind you i recognize as i grow older and want to have a family and stability and be home, someday there will come a time whete this is not the place i want to be, but for now and for the next few years, im living the dream... just making the little kid in the L1011 with an ear to ear grin that stares at me from the wall at my parents house when i go home for a visit really happy and really proud.

But flying cool stuff to cool places is about my only real motivation for being a pilot to begin with. So, my priorities are pretty unique.