Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Quest Diagnostics 2018

Old 12-05-2018, 01:09 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Sep 2018

Originally Posted by Avi8tor441 View Post
While asking questions in my interview I was told they are looking for 900TT or so for first officer candidates. First officers go directly into the PC12. There are two payscales. First officer 1 and 2. I do not know what the pay is though.

I interviewed last week for a captain position in RDG on the phenom and PC12.

I’m over 5500 total time. Phenom typed and current. Also around 2700 hours in PC12’s.

The interview was pretty straight forward. Met up around 11 am with the chief pilot and assistant chief pilot. Just really had a conversation about my background and experience. I asked questions about the company and the runs they do. Went to lunch and did pretty much the same, but more get to know you stuff. Headed back to the hotel to get a nap in and then came back in to fly a run that started at 8pm and ended at 4:30 am. Because of my Pilatus time I flew over half the run from the left seat. According to the Assistant CP (I flew with him) they normally put candidates in the right seat.

If anyone has any questions for the interview let me know. I’m pretty fresh out of it. They are looking for 2 SIC’s in RDG and 1 in Atlanta.

Hey, I just put in an application for the SIC position in RDG. How long did it take them to get back to you after you filled out the application, and was there any specific numbers you called to follow up? I really want them to know I'm interested in the job.
Old 12-12-2018, 03:13 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Dec 2016
Position: Looking for FO job
Default MKC openings?

Does Quest have any current or future openings at their MKC base? My apologies if this was posted elsewhere.
Old 12-12-2018, 06:50 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2018
Position: EMB500 PIC

No openings at the MKC bass that I was told about.

As everyone here knows I interviewed last month for a captain position in reading. They wanted me on the PC12 and the Phenom (tons of PC12 time and phenom typed). I got the offer, but declined. There is still an opening in reading. I was offered a much higher paying phenom gig doing corporate part 91. I love the idea of quest and what they had to offer. This other gig was just right place and right time. My only complaint is they start the phenom guys in Dallas and MKC at the same salary as the Reading guys flying two airframes. I’m ok with flying two airframes, but I expect more salary for my utilization. We were too far off to come to an agreement. If anyone is phenom typed and wants to move to PA this is the job for you! I would of literally been moving across the county as well and the fam just wasn’t on board.
Old 12-14-2018, 04:23 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2018

Originally Posted by dricchini1 View Post
Hey, I just put in an application for the SIC position in RDG. How long did it take them to get back to you after you filled out the application, and was there any specific numbers you called to follow up? I really want them to know I'm interested in the job.
It can take awhile. It took me a little more than a month from sent application to get a phone call then a few days for the ride along and then a week for the in person interview. This was my first time dealing with a larger company so The time frames were all new to me. My best advice would be email your resume to the emails listed in the APC profile and keep your application updated every month or so. The hardest part about the process is just patience. Good luck!