Notices

Questions about JB

Old 01-26-2018, 04:36 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2015
Default Questions about JB

How long would a new hire expect to be on reserve ? Where is the jr bases and what aircraft are new employees being hired into?
Old 01-26-2018, 05:42 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2012

BOS or JFK 190 or Bus. It’s luck of the draw. Don’t know what it’s like in the bus, but BOS 190 reserve is over a year.

Wait until we get a contract, though. It’s a dumpster fire right now.
Old 01-26-2018, 06:02 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Jan 2011

To sum up 8 years at JB in 1 word. DISAPPOINTING.
Old 01-26-2018, 06:14 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2005

2nd lowest paid airbus pilots in the US.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-26-2018, 06:24 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2011

RSV on bus at JFK was almost a year. BOS closer to 2 years. And currently being on RSV blows! Although I’m sure the guys that live in base don’t mind. As a commuter I couldn’t wait for a line.
Old 01-26-2018, 06:51 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2007

Originally Posted by iflyalot View Post
How long would a new hire expect to be on reserve ? Where is the jr bases and what aircraft are new employees being hired into?
Stay far away. This place is going to get much worse before it gets any better.
Old 01-26-2018, 09:12 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: At JBLU

Originally Posted by BlueBus View Post
Stay far away. This place is going to get much worse before it gets any better.
Sometimes I wonder if the people applying are unemployable at the big 3. It’s baflling to me...

I applied here because when I researched and asked (much of it on this site) I was advised jetblew had some small problems But otherwise a great place to work. The legacy’s were mostlyjust starting up hiring.

When I got here I found that to be mostly true. Over the past 4 years however it has gotten worse.....much worse.

Now, my former colleagues, that were envious of MY GREAT FORTUNE to get a call from jetblew, are now at Delta/AA/SWA, and ecstatic to be at such a great job after being whipped the last decade at a dying regional.

I got lazy and comfortable here, THAT IS ON ME AND I REGRET NOT BEING MORE AGRESSIVE WITH MY APPS. So here we are 4 years later and again, the death by a thousand cuts is occurring. Now it is becoming too LATE for me to move on.

If I were asking now....and getting THIS FEEDBACK, I would stay far away.
Old 01-26-2018, 09:19 AM
The REAL Bluedriver

Joined APC: Sep 2011
Position: Airbus Capt

Originally Posted by coopervane View Post
Sometimes I wonder if the people applying are unemployable at the big 3. It’s baflling to me...

I applied here because when I researched and asked (much of it on this site) I was advised jetblew had some small problems But otherwise a great place to work. The legacy’s were mostlyjust starting up hiring.

When I got here I found that to be mostly true. Over the past 4 years however it has gotten worse.....much worse.

Now, my former colleagues, that were envious of MY GREAT FORTUNE to get a call from jetblew, are now at Delta/AA/SWA, and ecstatic to be at such a great job after being whipped the last decade at a dying regional.

I got lazy and comfortable here, THAT IS ON ME AND I REGRET NOT BEING MORE AGRESSIVE WITH MY APPS. So here we are 4 years later and again, the death by a thousand cuts is occurring. Now it is becoming too LATE for me to move on.

If I were asking now....and getting THIS FEEDBACK, I would stay far away.
Great post. Every word of this post is also true for me. I was reasonably happy here at one point, now, um no....

This is a great honest opinion from a guy that has not been a negative burn-it-down guy.

I've noticed Southerner, LOWpayman and Hypergirl have been awfully quiet lately. Finally.
Old 01-26-2018, 11:28 AM
Not A Janitor

Joined APC: Aug 2008

Apply elsewhere. You will thank everyone who posted above. Working here gets worse by the week.
Old 01-26-2018, 11:33 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Originally Posted by atrdriver View Post
Apply elsewhere. You will thank everyone who posted above. Working here gets worse by the week.
What I'm trying to figure out is if this would be true with a new contract. That other post about the company offering less than Alaska pay makes me wonder.