Notices
Foreign Airlines that hire U.S. pilots

Norwegian financial performance

Old 04-08-2018, 06:19 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2014
Position: 787 right

Originally Posted by joseolay View Post
They're taking huge losses, yet still expanding annually by 40% in 2018 and their pilot labor costs are less than half of the US legacy airlines. That's pretty sad if you think about it. Taking away market share from the US legacy airlines and the international routes where the US legacy airline pilots earn the highest wages. NAI under cutting the legacy European airlines too.

It's one thing for companies like uber and lyft to take huge losses in the name of organically growing companies in a new untapped market. But what NAI is doing in an already well established and over saturated market with their cheap labor and undercutting the competition on ticket price is a shame. Essentially NAI is dumping their product into the US market below cost on the backs of under paid pilots.

It's certainly not fair and balanced competition and NAI is much worse for the US airline pilot career than the middle east airlines.
Couldn’t have said it better myself!
Old 04-08-2018, 06:22 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by T28driver View Post
So you do agree that NAI is the same as NAS, NAU, NAL, and NAA? I mean, that was the question. Somehow you turned this into a discussion about LASIK.

I didn’t say it was unusual.

Ships registered in Liberia, Panama, Cambodia, and the Marshall Islands are not unusual either, even when they have no other connection to that country.

Flags of convenience have been the primary cause of the erosion of the jobs and wages of professional US Mariners. The “Norwegian” (and Lufthansa, and IAG, and ME3) models of operation are an equal threat to US professional pilot jobs and wages.

There are many other threats to our current status quo as well.

One of your your favorite tactics is to go after guys that complain about the “wrong” Norwegian, which you portray as making their argument invalid. The difference between NAS, NAI, NAU, NAL and NAA is trivial. They are effectively the same company.

Everything that these carriers are doing is currently legal and within the scope of international trade agreements and treaties (maybe not the ME3). Hopefully that will change. I regularly write my congressman and senators. I talk to other pilots about these issues and encourage them to do the same.
Thank you, I have written several letters and encouraged others to do the same.
Old 04-08-2018, 06:23 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by captjns View Post
Negative....

The airline in your own back yard is your real threat. Outsourcing in the name of codesharing. Why if the airlines could sub service the work out to foreign carriers to save a buck... they would... and who knows someday they will.
We have scope for this threat.
Old 04-09-2018, 12:29 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: B-737NG preferably in first class with a glass of champagne and caviar

Originally Posted by Half wing View Post
We have scope for this threat.
Yes... Scope mouthwash is great.
Old 04-15-2018, 09:03 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2015
Position: Captain

Originally Posted by T28driver View Post
Ned.

Nobody differentiates between the different flavors of Norwegian.

Don’t be pedantic.

Would it make you happier if he said Norwegian Air Shuttle? Although they technically don’t have 787’s either (even though they are the parent company), that honor goes to:

Norwegian Air Longhaul

And

Norwegian Air UK

Which are totally different and separate entities from

Norwegian Air International

And

Norwegian Air Argentina

Right?

I recommend we start using NASALIU just so all of the bases are covered.

Thoughts?

Ned is bitter because he could not land a job with a Legacy
Don’t entertain his dislike of all Legacies
There you have the reason why he does that

PS......Mesa ?
Old 04-15-2018, 09:04 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by The Dominican View Post
Judging by your assertions of the end of the ME3 and the end of everyone’s career if they worked for them..., your 2c’s are in vietnamese Dong

You should have stay at MSP and keep flying for Mesaba till you got hired by a Legacy
NWA comes to mind
Or they turned you down ?
Old 04-15-2018, 09:07 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Well, anyone with a pulse can get hired at the regionals right now. And in the past, anyone with a pulse could get hired at Eastern, TWA, Independence Air, and a host of other defunct airlines.

You've been hauling cargo for AirJapan for around a decade so any 'experience' you have being hired in the US is comically dated. IIRC, you even regaled at how fine an experience your commute from the states is - drinking Courvoisier on your 10+ hour flight to/from your domicile (Gen Lee style on flightinfo where you posted as, fittingly, Dumb Pilot).
From reviewing your 'experience' on flightinfo, you were busy trying to apply to Focus Air Cargo (defunct dirbag operation) at one point, living in MSP (running a side business renting out crashpads). You even stated that when you went to AirJapan, you were a regional pilot, so it's not like you've been hired by a lot of decent US companies. From reading your CV on flightinfo, it sounds like you've been hired by a lot of US bottomfeeders and were too impatient or unqualified to be hired by a reputable US carrier.

Bingo
Thanks Andy
Old 04-16-2018, 02:28 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2007

Originally Posted by Sniper66 View Post

PS......Mesa ?
Yes, I left Compass and the Delta flow through because I was striving for a U.S. legacy carrier...

I know it may be hard for you to comprehend, but not all of us got into the industry with a singular goal of flying for a U.S. legacy airline.
Old 04-16-2018, 05:20 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: B-737NG preferably in first class with a glass of champagne and caviar

Originally Posted by Sniper66 View Post

PS......Mesa ?
Yawn..... unimaginative cut and paste canned response sprinkled within many threads over the years.
Old 04-16-2018, 05:33 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: 747 captain

LOL....! Never flew for Mesaba, and I gave up my number at one of your presious "So difficult" to get in today's majors to stay here.., nice try! And yeah, my commute is sweet with award winning meals at one of the top 10 airlines on the planet while I get to keep the miles!

I know you are a bitter bunch but wether you like it or not, I don't take one of those jobs at your presious DAL, UAL because I don't want to...., I have plenty of references from many very senior instructors at both those carriers, I can get an interview whenever I want! I know it is a bitter pill to swallow when somebody rejects what you hold as your life!

But hey, at least you have a good topic to discuss on your next visit to the shrink.