Notices
Part 91 and Low Time Jump pilots, crop dusting, and other Part 91 jobs

500 hours

Old 07-11-2018, 06:31 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2018
Default Aero Mech to Westwind

Does anyone remember Scottsdale Aero Mech? I got all of my ratings there in 1993 shortly before they couldn't hold altitude and ultimately landed gear up in the dirt. Westwind was in ground effect at the time and I'm impressed they turned the place into a solid company. Well done guys, I wish I had jumped ship.
Old 07-11-2018, 07:40 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2017

A few years ago, the Director of Operations of Westwind nearly ran the company into the ground. After he was gone, the company spent a tireless amount of time trying to rebuild itself back on its feet again, and now it's back in the full swing of things. Nick Beaird, the HR guy, was the one that crafted the website, and I know he'd be delighted to hear the positive feedback. Currently, they've just rebranded the logo of Westwind and are looking to keep expanding the operations. It's a great company to work for, and no I'm not just saying that. No hiring contract. Nothing is binding you to the company. It prides itself to provide pilots with a good lifestyle and hour building that you'll stay and not just flake out after a couple months. They fully recognize that they're a stepping stone in the pilot's career and they feel that hiring contracts are a waste of ink. Also, Westwind Air Service mostly does passenger air tours, but we do have 1 208 that we use for cargo as we contract with Ameriflight to do some of their flights they don't have the pilot or plane (or both) to do themselves. Regarding the upgrade to the 208, it's around 5 - 6 weeks after being initially hired. Unique flying that you won't get once at the airlines/corporate.