Notices
Envoy Airlines Regional Airline

Picking Up Flying On Reserve

Old 05-17-2018, 07:30 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2017
Default Picking Up Flying On Reserve

Quick question that I need some clarification on from those that are more familiar with the reserve rules.

So, assuming I am scheduled for the RAP1 and decide to pickup a flight the next day that is on the proffer list. If that flight then starts at say 2pm, am I still responsible to be available for the RAP1 or does my day officially start at my check in time for the 2pm flight?

In addition, say the flight that I proffered for is an overnight that departs the outstation at 12pm and arrives back in base at 3pm, am I officially done at that point or would I need to get released with the option to get reassigned? If I could get reassigned what would be the limit that they could extend me? Duty day?

All of this assumes not the last day of reserve. Thank you in advance for any and all assistance.
Old 05-17-2018, 07:45 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2016

Originally Posted by Cyio View Post
Quick question that I need some clarification on from those that are more familiar with the reserve rules.

So, assuming I am scheduled for the RAP1 and decide to pickup a flight the next day that is on the proffer list. If that flight then starts at say 2pm, am I still responsible to be available for the RAP1 or does my day officially start at my check in time for the 2pm flight?

In addition, say the flight that I proffered for is an overnight that departs the outstation at 12pm and arrives back in base at 3pm, am I officially done at that point or would I need to get released with the option to get reassigned? If I could get reassigned what would be the limit that they could extend me? Duty day?

All of this assumes not the last day of reserve. Thank you in advance for any and all assistance.
If you have been assigned a flight assignment and you have confirmed it, you're no longer on RAP.

CS can assigned you additional flying. However, once you get done with your last flight (the door is opened), check your schedule (HI3) and take a screen shot for personal protection and check your HI6. Both of them, your HI3 and your HI6. If they haven't given you additional flying by that point, you're released.
Old 05-17-2018, 07:54 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by highfarfast View Post
If you have been assigned a flight assignment and you have confirmed it, you're no longer on RAP.

CS can assigned you additional flying. However, once you get done with your last flight (the door is opened), check your schedule (HI3) and take a screen shot for personal protection and check your HI6. Both of them, your HI3 and your HI6. If they haven't given you additional flying by that point, you're released.
Thank you very much.
Old 05-17-2018, 10:05 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2016

^^^^ essentially he is right. Do what he says and you will never screw up.

Section 12 E 6 - "A reserve pilot will be released from duty upon checking his HI3 AFTER aircraft block in if no additional flying has been added to his schedule. The pilot may also call for release...."

The HI6 requirement is ONLY if you have started the day on a RAP. Essentially it doesn't matter because they never call you on a RAP and then fly you only to put you back on a RAP. Never happens to anyone ever since I have been here.

Also I'm not a 100 percent sure it matters but it has been explained to me that checking your HI3 needs to be done via MobileFOS or a computer that has FOS. MobileCCI isn't sufficient. It was explained that the company can see that you have checked your HI3 on FOS but not on mobileCCI.

Also there is NO requirement about the 15 minute rule. If you block in and check your HI3 screen shot it and CS calls you 5 seconds later you are done.
Old 05-17-2018, 10:51 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Pedro4President View Post
^^^^ essentially he is right. Do what he says and you will never screw up.

Section 12 E 6 - "A reserve pilot will be released from duty upon checking his HI3 AFTER aircraft block in if no additional flying has been added to his schedule. The pilot may also call for release...."

The HI6 requirement is ONLY if you have started the day on a RAP. Essentially it doesn't matter because they never call you on a RAP and then fly you only to put you back on a RAP. Never happens to anyone ever since I have been here.

Also I'm not a 100 percent sure it matters but it has been explained to me that checking your HI3 needs to be done via MobileFOS or a computer that has FOS. MobileCCI isn't sufficient. It was explained that the company can see that you have checked your HI3 on FOS but not on mobileCCI.

Also there is NO requirement about the 15 minute rule. If you block in and check your HI3 screen shot it and CS calls you 5 seconds later you are done.
Great info thanks.
Old 05-17-2018, 12:17 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Pedro4President View Post
I've heard people say this in the crew room but I haven't seen anywhere in the contract that it states this. MobileCCI is a company app. If my screen shot of HI3 via MobileCCI that shows the date and time I pulled the schedule isn't enough to prove I 'checked' my schedule then it will be grieved. Pretty sure I'll win too.

The rest, I agree with.
Old 05-17-2018, 01:48 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2013

I've heard people say this in the crew room but I haven't seen anywhere in the contract that it states this. MobileCCI is a company app. If my screen shot of HI3 via MobileCCI that shows the date and time I pulled the schedule isn't enough to prove I 'checked' my schedule then it will be grieved. Pretty sure I'll win too.

The rest, I agree with.
You’re right. Checking your HI3 whether FOS or CCi makes no difference. Set the brake and when door opens, you check...you’re done if nothing added
Old 05-17-2018, 03:18 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: EMB145 CA

I don’t know for certain, but I am almost positive that the company will know if you check CCI. I believe it to be sufficient from my experience
Old 05-17-2018, 04:40 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2016

Originally Posted by Aviatrx View Post
I don’t know for certain, but I am almost positive that the company will know if you check CCI. I believe it to be sufficient from my experience
Regardless of your method of checking someone said it before and I'll echo it again SCREEN SHOT your HI3.
Old 05-17-2018, 05:14 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Aviatrx View Post
I don't even understand the significance of them needing to know via FOS that you checked your schedule. The intent is that if you're not assigned flying by the time you're done, you're released. You checking is just to ensure you haven't gotten extended. If someone tries to assigned you flying after your done but before you checked your schedule, THEY are playing games. The entire concept of 'they can't tell if you checked' is bogus to me.

Just have proof that you did in case someone is trying to play games.