Notices

Delta FTI

Old 05-17-2018, 09:24 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2008
Default Delta FTI

Hi guys any details on the FTI position that DL is advertising? Thank you!
Old 05-17-2018, 01:38 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2007
Position: undefined

Originally Posted by BE19Pilot View Post
Hi guys any details on the FTI position that DL is advertising? Thank you!
if you are refering to this listing: https://delta.greatjob.net/jobs/JobD...f-8fa910c1fe3d

It is for a non-seniority list instructor. You would be teaching everything from day one systems review, to full flight IQ lessons. depending on your background you have the chance to become a DGP (or a DE of sorts).

The pay is $350 for a 5 hour event, extra if you provide more availability than required and extra pay for teaching E periods.

Its not a bad gig, if you are retired and need some extra cash. It will not lead to a seniority pilot position.
Old 05-18-2018, 02:26 AM
veut gagner à la loterie

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: Light Chop

Originally Posted by pilotc90a View Post
. It will not lead to a seniority pilot position.
We have some great ftpis that have been told no by hiring. It really is frustrating.
Old 05-18-2018, 03:55 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2010

I thought it was closer to $500 a 5hr period?
Old 05-18-2018, 10:32 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2015

Originally Posted by duece12345 View Post
I think that is the DGS instructor rate.
Old 05-18-2018, 06:05 PM
Chemtrail Dispenser..

Joined APC: Apr 2015

Originally Posted by pilotc90a View Post
if you are refering to this listing: https://delta.greatjob.net/jobs/JobD...f-8fa910c1fe3d

It is for a non-seniority list instructor. You would be teaching everything from day one systems review, to full flight IQ lessons. depending on your background you have the chance to become a DGP (or a DE of sorts).

The pay is $350 for a 5 hour event, extra if you provide more availability than required and extra pay for teaching E periods.
Originally Posted by duece12345 View Post
Originally Posted by Viking busdvr View Post
I think that is the DGS instructor rate.
Its a brand new position to take the place of the DGS guys so the mothership can have control over your schedule. HR is still figuring out the details on pay but the original thought was to just carry over the DGS pay/schedules etc. but certain airframes will see these new guys doing only 100/200 sims but some will see 300/400s also. As of now, rumored to be 21 events per month at @$500 per event but the existing "ground guys" are pushing to get it changed to 17 like the seniority list IPs..
Old 05-19-2018, 03:31 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2010

The training program would be a lot better if we didn't have a bunch of instructors pretending to know Delta's line operations. My latest gem was system failing to test correctly at the gate and being told, "Maintenance is too busy to get to your plane and the OCC phones are down today, so you are going to have to complete the maintenance procedures yourself. We do it all the time."
Old 05-20-2018, 08:21 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Nov 2014

Originally Posted by 2StgTurbine View Post
The training program would be a lot better if we didn't have a bunch of instructors pretending to know Delta's line operations. My latest gem was system failing to test correctly at the gate and being told, "Maintenance is too busy to get to your plane and the OCC phones are down today, so you are going to have to complete the maintenance procedures yourself. We do it all the time."
Wow! Those bags we drag are apparently for tools, not extra clothes. 🤣
Old 05-20-2018, 11:11 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by 2StgTurbine View Post
Failing to understand why completing an (M) procedure on an MEL is a big deal, and where the correlation with training department fits into this scenario?
Old 05-20-2018, 11:16 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Thank you for the information to those that chimed in...Pretty much every airline is starting to hire "off-the-street" instructor cadre...I think this is going to become the "new normal" until the industry can work through the current training "bubble". I've been an instructor in a 121 and 142 environment, and in addition to other incentives. I'm not crazy about the area of the country I'm living in and want to get back down South. We'll see...Hopefully, it is a good opportunity to increase my pay and simplify the job. ONE manual, ONE aircraft type and ONE pilot group...A PREDICTABLE schedule and hopefully an increase in pay while living in a lower cost of living area...