DL Jumpseat out of CDG Advice

Notices
Major Legacy, National, and LCC

DL Jumpseat out of CDG Advice

Old 06-04-2018, 11:14 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Mar 2017
Default DL Jumpseat out of CDG Advice

Any tips or suggestions on how early to get to the ticket counter, procedures, timing etc? Are the Air France or Delta agents familiar with US last minute jumpseat listings? Will be traveling with significant other who will be on ZED. Will be to and from BOS.

Friday the eighth shows 26 open seats and one standby. Do those numbers tend to hold up a few days in advance?
Old 06-04-2018, 11:29 AM
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim
Exclamation

MOD INPUT: Please do not discuss any procedures related to cockpit access or any SSI. OK to discuss nonrev procedures.
Old 06-04-2018, 11:41 AM
Banned

The word jumpseat does not mean cockpit security per se. I'm talking about exercising jumpseat privileges (includes cabin seat). Any airline pilot would know that you cannot sit in the cockpit of another airline internationally, so this isn't a discussion about the flight deck jeopardizing security. I am clearly looking for procedural advice during the listing / ticket counter / gate arrival process for DL at CDG, including transportation lead time from downtown Paris.
Old 06-04-2018, 12:45 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008

Originally Posted by Minty View Post
Any tips or suggestions on how early to get to the ticket counter, procedures, timing etc? Are the Air France or Delta agents familiar with US last minute jumpseat listings? Will be traveling with significant other who will be on ZED. Will be to and from BOS.

Friday the eighth shows 26 open seats and one standby. Do those numbers tend to hold up a few days in advance?
You can’t last minute jumpseat international. You must be listed at least 74 minutes prior. I suggest you make the listing before leaving the US.
Old 06-04-2018, 01:01 PM
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Originally Posted by Minty View Post
The word jumpseat does not mean cockpit security per se. I'm talking about exercising jumpseat privileges (includes cabin seat). Any airline pilot would know that you cannot sit in the cockpit of another airline internationally, so this isn't a discussion about the flight deck jeopardizing security. I am clearly looking for procedural advice during the listing / ticket counter / gate arrival process for DL at CDG, including transportation lead time from downtown Paris.
That was clear from your post, or it would have been deleted. The caution was for others, because it's a recurring problem here.
Old 06-04-2018, 03:17 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2011

If it fills up last second try CVG. That flight day after day goes out wide open
Old 06-04-2018, 03:40 PM
Banned

Ok thanks, yeah I figured I'd list before leaving, I just mean the counter agents possessing JS privileges into the cabin out in CDG. Security times? What about payload optimizing? 25 open seats enough if they do that?
Old 06-04-2018, 03:41 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by rickair7777 View Post
That was clear from your post, or it would have been deleted. The caution was for others, because it's a recurring problem here.
Gotcha ok makes sense
Old 06-04-2018, 04:41 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Dec 2007

Also, be aware that you need to pay some taxes and fees when jumpseating back into the US. Going to SEA-CDG was just showing up to the counter and they made a listing for me (no charges leaving USA).

Returning, you have to pay some the fees at a special counter (not the check-in counter). Then they give you a receipt and you go to the normal check in counter to get documents to get you through security.

I think it was called the "Transfer Desk". But, not sure.
Old 06-04-2018, 05:35 PM
Banned

Yeah I figured that was all done at the counter but thanks I'll look for transfer counter first. My wife's are all included in ZED so I know I have to do it when I show up.