Notices
Charter Part 121 pax charter airlines

Training at Omni

Old 08-12-2018, 01:08 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2013
Position: Window Seat
Default Training at Omni

For those who have recently went through training with Omni or those who are currently in training, would you be able to give some insight on the process? I’m curious about traveling before and after ground, time between sims, and overall course of study on the 767. Starting class on September 5th and any info would help! Thanks to all.
Old 08-12-2018, 02:29 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: B-767 right side.

Chopperleo,
For travel, you get yourself to the hotel at the beginning and Omni will take care of the rest, after that no need to worry. the time between ground and sim will depend on your seniority if you are in the first group expect 48 hours from TUL to the start of sims in ATL.

As far as the study you will get a login for the aero sim with a bunch of different topics including about 50hrs of 767 systems to be completed no later than the first week. recommend having it completed by the time you get to TUL. you will be busy!
Old 08-12-2018, 04:22 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by t207 View Post
Chopperleo,
For travel, you get yourself to the hotel at the beginning and Omni will take care of the rest, after that no need to worry. the time between ground and sim will depend on your seniority if you are in the first group expect 48 hours from TUL to the start of sims in ATL.

As far as the study you will get a login for the aero sim with a bunch of different topics including about 50hrs of 767 systems to be completed no later than the first week. recommend having it completed by the time you get to TUL. you will be busy!
Thanks for info 207! Really helps!
Old 08-13-2018, 02:37 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jul 2018
Default Limitations and contract

Chopperleo, see you in class on the 5th....I'll be on the triple though.

To piggyback on this thread.... While waiting for the online training login I'd like to get a jumpstart as it sounds like we are about to get busy. Wanted to see if anyone has and would be willing to share:

1. A copy of the contract

2. Limitations and memory items for the 777. I have seen a few things on Quizlet but then again I've seen wrong information on there about my current aircraft.

Feel free to PM me, just want to use my time wisely.

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-13-2018, 04:04 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by gearslinger6 View Post

To piggyback on this thread.... While waiting for the online training login I'd like to get a jumpstart as it sounds like we are about to get busy. Wanted to see if anyone has and would be willing to share:

2. Limitations and memory items for the 777. I have seen a few things on Quizlet but then again I've seen wrong information on there about my current aircraft.

Thanks in advance.
See you in class slinger!
Old 08-13-2018, 07:46 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2009

Thanks in advance.
Hey Man. I’m not trying to be a dick. I like your enthusiasm. I want to say that as someone with 3 Boeing types, that you shouldn’t be so ambitious about getting memory items and limitations. You’ll want to have some systems knowledge first, so you can understand what you’re switching or shutting off. Also, Boeing aircraft can very pretty significantly from operator to operator. ANA 777’s can and will have significantly different memory items and limitations than Ethiopian 777’s. Even amongst the same type in a fleet, there will be differences. This is especially true at operators like atlas and omni, that buy used aircraft from all over the world. You’ll get the information you need, once you’re in groundschool. Once you’ve done some systems training, you can put some of this knowledge into context. If you’re blindly memorizing stuff before class, you may get some negative transfer. This happened to one of our classmates who ended up busting an oral. Her primacy told her one thing, brand x told her something else.
Old 08-13-2018, 08:31 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jul 2018

4runner, I appreciate the feedback. This will be my first Boeing. The contract though would be good to try to get ahold of early, a lot has changed recently and with a little one on the way....the wife has lots of questions.

In any case, thanks again for the words of wisdom...looking forward to getting out there with you guys!
Old 08-14-2018, 12:52 PM
Just Plane Stupid

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: Captain

the wife has lots of questions
She will appreciate you being gone for extended periods of time.

Listen to your instructors and don't bring "At my last airline we did this" with you. Do it the Omni way and don't try to impress your instructor with past knowledge that doesn't matter to what your learning. Be a sponge for the fire hose of information. You will get frustrated with the number of manuals that information is scattered about, but if you except that this is the way and not "it should be this way" you'll be fine.

Enjoy
Old 08-14-2018, 02:55 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2017
Position: 767 FO

Originally Posted by HeavyDriver View Post
She will appreciate you being gone for extended periods of time.

Listen to your instructors and don't bring "At my last airline we did this" with you. Do it the Omni way and don't try to impress your instructor with past knowledge that doesn't matter to what your learning. Be a sponge for the fire hose of information. You will get frustrated with the number of manuals that information is scattered about, but if you except that this is the way and not "it should be this way" you'll be fine.

Enjoy
^^^^YES^^^^^

If you keep thinking it’s going to be like your “old” company then you will be sorely disappointed. There is only the “Omni” way and once you get the hang of how it works you will survive. Frustrating as hell but you just have to suck it up and go with the flow.
A lot of the people that have flunked out have held 76 and triple ratings and just couldn’t adapt.
Old 08-14-2018, 05:19 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: Back to the right side

My advice would be to concentrate on the CBTs. Knock out all the admin ones first so you can have the systems info fresh when you get to class. I made flash cards of all the systems questions on all the interim and final quizzes of the CBTs and that helped immensely when studying for the systems test and for the oral exam. Add limitations and EPs one you get to class.