Joined APC: Sep 2014

Originally Posted by Jurassic Jet View Post
THE Perfect Answer!
Old 09-05-2018, 08:26 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2012
Position: 767 FO

Originally Posted by Industry Strnd View Post
Abx doesn't even have KCM. The President doesnt want pilots to have it.

Do you want to work for someone who intentionally inflicts policy to hurt employees?
That ticks me off disproportionately.
Old 09-05-2018, 09:00 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2018

I would not get out of the Electric chair to work there! Was worse than the blogs say! With the spoolmdown! You want make it threw ground school before you are unemployed! Don’t risk it for this **** hole!
Old 09-05-2018, 09:12 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007

The place is toxic..
Old 09-05-2018, 10:01 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jun 2016
Position: CRJ 700 & 900 FO

Alright haha well thanks for the input everyone I will definitely pass on this then.
Old 09-08-2018, 10:44 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2014

Originally Posted by Asiabound View Post
Look at Western Global, WGN. We aren't Kalitta, UPS, or FDX, but morale here isn't as bad, we aren't spooling down either, and the upgrade isn't as long. Your total time is low, but we've hired in that range before. In fact we have captain in the 3,000 hour range. As for getting "the call" be persistent, usual networking, I'm not sure if we attend any job fairs yet. We used to do open interviews. Good Luck.
I am curious about cargo, with no real experience in this segment. What is Western Global's schedule like? Is my understanding correct in that you are out on the road for 17 days straight? Is any of the flying scheduled, or do you sit somewhere with a plane waiting for the next haul? I have 8000 hours, multiple types, and 3000 hours jet pic, 1200 121 sic, but no 121 pic. Would this be competitive? Sorry if these question's have been asked before. Thanks!
Old 09-08-2018, 11:38 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007

Originally Posted by Irishblackbird View Post
I am curious about cargo, with no real experience in this segment. What is Western Global's schedule like? Is my understanding correct in that you are out on the road for 17 days straight? Is any of the flying scheduled, or do you sit somewhere with a plane waiting for the next haul? I have 8000 hours, multiple types, and 3000 hours jet pic, 1200 121 sic, but no 121 pic. Would this be competitive? Sorry if these question's have been asked before. Thanks!
Might check the WG pages...
Old 09-12-2018, 04:03 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2018

Abx has lowered there hiring requirements and then they have washed guys out during OE. Others have quit just after OE. Imagine a bust on your resume. If you're looking long term at a real airline consider the consequences of taking a job at ABX!
Old 09-15-2018, 08:36 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2018

Awhile back I had a friend get hired at ABX he told me how great it would be. Now he is gone and I'm still stuck waiting to get out. We just lost more flying. Pilots getting pushed back on reserve. 12 hour airport ready reserve too.

Still 20 + years to upgrade and a shrinking airline. If your buddy tells you this is a great place, you might want to question if he is a true friend!

Abx ATSG
Facts
No growth
No contract
No upgrades for anyone with less than 20 years
Reserve lInes for 2 years
No KCM
Management who delays a contract
Amazon said no more planes till a contract
Dhl taking planes away
And why apply here?
Old 09-15-2018, 06:55 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2017

Originally Posted by Otterbox View Post
^This alone is a good enough reason to pass on working there.

To the OP go be a DEC at one of the AA Wholly Owned regionals until you get a better job.

Also, steer clear of Atlas until they get a decent contract.
I agree with this. At Atlas morale is low, and we have plenty of pilots with clean histories, degrees, recommendations who aren’t moving on. There’s no promise you’ll get out quickly after you come here or any other ACMI. Having flow and 100k in first year pay (DEC at Envoy including sign-on bonus) is a nice career path. You’d have few career worries and could focus on the technical demands of your profession. Having a place go from a long-term prospect to a stepping stone and then to a black hole in which hope goes to die is a terrible thing to watch. Flow is reliable for the next decade or so at AAWO’s

We will get a contract in another few years. Of course, so will everyone else.

The only good reason to interview would be to hone your interview skills for your target job.

Last edited by Elevation; 09-15-2018 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Typo correction