Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Airline Pilot Forums > Major > Southwest
SWA Maintenance TA voted down >

SWA Maintenance TA voted down

Search
Notices

SWA Maintenance TA voted down

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2018, 02:31 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2008
Position: 737 Right
Default SWA Maintenance TA voted down

AMFA | Southwest Airlines News & Updates

Things are about to get interesting around here....OVER 6 years and our mechanics STILL don't have a contract. Unbelievable -- all the while SWA has done approx. 7 BILLION $ worth of pointless, counter-productive stock buybacks during that time frame.

Not feeling the LUV -- I'll be out in uniform picketing alongside my maintainers when the time comes. Hope to see many of my fellow pilots at their pickets whenever they announce them.
Old 09-19-2018, 04:33 PM
weekends off? Nope...

Joined APC: Apr 2014

Good for them. They deserve better.
Old 09-19-2018, 05:40 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2017

Originally Posted by Thunder1 View Post
AMFA | Southwest Airlines News & Updates

Things are about to get interesting around here....OVER 6 years and our mechanics STILL don't have a contract. Unbelievable -- all the while SWA has done approx. 7 BILLION $ worth of pointless, counter-productive stock buybacks during that time frame.

Not feeling the LUV -- I'll be out in uniform picketing alongside my maintainers when the time comes. Hope to see many of my fellow pilots at their pickets whenever they announce them.
What does this mean for Hawaii planning? Wasn’t the ETOPS a big element in this?
Old 09-19-2018, 06:23 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2016

Originally Posted by Smooth at FL450 View Post
Good for them. They deserve better.
Yes. Well done. It’s great to see unity and vision thwart an otherwise underwhelming deal. I hope our pilot group has the sack to do it facing a bad offer. Hope it gets better from here for them.
Old 09-20-2018, 10:16 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2015

Originally Posted by terminal View Post
What does this mean for Hawaii planning? Wasn’t the ETOPS a big element in this?
Word from the company mgt is that ETOPS (and LAX base) are completely decoupled from the MX contract. The official stance appears to be that SWA can proceed with ETOPS and LAX under the current contract, end of discussion.

I heard nearly the exact same wording from 3 separate executives.
Old 09-20-2018, 10:45 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2008
Position: 737 Right

Originally Posted by flensr View Post
Word from the company mgt is that ETOPS (and LAX base) are completely decoupled from the MX contract. The official stance appears to be that SWA can proceed with ETOPS and LAX under the current contract, end of discussion.

I heard nearly the exact same wording from 3 separate executives.
Yep, and I heard the same type of story from SWA management that SWAPA pilots had to fly the 737 MAX even though that airplane was not listed in our CBA. They chose not to press to test the issue and signed TA2 with us before the first MAX arrived on property. Just because SWA management says it is one way doesn't mean that is factually correct not to mention morally or ethically correct.
Old 09-21-2018, 03:40 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2015

Yep, and I heard the same type of story from SWA management that SWAPA pilots had to fly the 737 MAX even though that airplane was not listed in our CBA. They chose not to press to test the issue and signed TA2 with us before the first MAX arrived on property. Just because SWA management says it is one way doesn't mean that is factually correct not to mention morally or ethically correct.
Shhh. The Max is silent.
Old 09-21-2018, 06:43 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2011

Originally Posted by I like BIG Bus View Post
Yes. Well done. It’s great to see unity and vision thwart an otherwise underwhelming deal. I hope our pilot group has the sack to do it facing a bad offer. Hope it gets better from here for them.
I've been hoping for this pilot group to grow a collective sack for over 2 decades. Hasn't happened yet.
Old 09-21-2018, 06:51 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2011

They must've figured that since we caved on SL6 (the -800, not to mention 16 other concessionary SLs to an already concessionary contract), that the (Shhhhh!) M*x would be a shoe in.

80%+ of us agreed to, literally, PAY for the privilege of flying the -800 with SL6.

Last edited by SlipKid; 09-21-2018 at 07:20 AM.
Old 09-21-2018, 08:12 AM
Seat 0B

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: 777 FO

I think part of the issue is the ETOPS service checks in the islands. AMFA want company mechanics to do them, of course and the company wants to farm them out.