Notices
SkyWest Regional Airline

Alpa drive?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2019, 05:44 PM
On Guard!

Joined APC: Mar 2019

Originally Posted by mercys ghost View Post
We were talking about the SkyWest reps, not ALPAs.
I too was talking about ALPA reps - I have absolutely no idea how the SAPA works or what they do for that matter.
Old 03-24-2019, 05:46 PM
Banned

Joined APC: Apr 2010

I am honestly curious...why are you so hardcore gung-ho for a union. What exactly is your management doing that bothers you so much?
It is my opinion that we do need a union, the very same reason that you don't.

From what I've gathered is you have changed user names and moved on, why do you still care and act as though you are doing questionable favors for management?
Old 03-24-2019, 05:49 PM
Banned

Position: B757 seat 41B

Originally Posted by Check Complete View Post
It is my opinion that we do need a union, the very same reason that you don't.

From what I've gathered is you have changed user names and moved on, why do you still care and act as though you are doing questionable favors for management?

Yea, got locked out of my other account. That is an interesting story in its own right. So yea, had to move on. I care for the same reasons I have always stated...nothing has changed. Just trying to educate myself here, by getting opinions and getting the big picture through the eyes of others.
Old 03-24-2019, 06:02 PM
Banned

Yea, got locked out of my other account. That is an interesting story in its own right. So yea, had to move on. I care for the same reasons I have always stated...nothing has changed. Just trying to educate myself here, by getting opinions and getting the big picture through the eyes of others.
This pilot group has grown and as such big corporate interests look after the company and not the employee group, as they should. If and when something occurs to a pilot or a crew they are at the company's mercy(iful) fate as to what happens. What happens is what is good for the company and the pilot or crew maybe sacrificed as an expense. The pilot or crew has nothing to fall back on but their own wallet for protection.

A single person going after a massive corproration.

An organization that has the pilot group as their first priority just as the corporate lawyers have the company as the first priority.

There is a reason all of upper management have fully vested legal contracts, they protect the company and the person.

Why can't we have the same thing and a strong organization that wants us to have that too?
Old 03-24-2019, 06:08 PM
Banned

This pilot group has grown and as such big corporate interests look after the company and not the employee group, as they should. If and when something occurs to a pilot or a crew they are at the company's mercy(iful) fate as to what happens. What happens is what is good for the company and the pilot or crew maybe sacrificed as an expense. The pilot or crew has nothing to fall back on but their own wallet for protection.

A single person going after a massive corproration.

An organization that has the pilot group as their first priority just as the corporate lawyers have the company as the first priority.

There is a reason all of upper management have fully vested legal contracts, they protect the company and the person.

Why can't we have the same thing and a strong organization that wants us to have that too?

There is nothing that says you can't. Only thing stopping it is your pilot group, not your management. Whats the core reason why there is not a union representing you? This is not something you can blame on your management.
Old 03-24-2019, 06:21 PM
Banned

There is nothing that says you can't. Only thing stopping it is your pilot group, not your management. Whats the core reason why there is not a union representing you? This is not something you can blame on your management.
I can only speculate the high pressure koolaid enema given to new hires and that most people plan to soon move on and don't care.

And never for get the target you wear if you are out spoken and how a person has no protection or is an advocate for representation.

There's a reason why the company has a "About Unions" on the online banner?
Old 03-24-2019, 06:25 PM
Banned

I can only speculate the high pressure koolaid enema given to new hires and that most people plan to soon move on and don't care.

And never for get the target you wear if you are out spoken and how a person has no protection or is an advocate for representation.

There's a reason why the company has a "About Unions" on the online banner?

How long have you been flying for them?
Old 03-24-2019, 06:28 PM
Banned

How long have you been flying for them?
Much longer than the time of your new user name.
Old 03-24-2019, 06:29 PM
Banned

Much longer than the time of your new user name.

No seriously, how long you been flying? No need to be sarcastic, trying to get an idea of what you have been through.
Old 03-25-2019, 05:33 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Jul 2018

To have a real contract, absolutely!

Not really fooling anybody fate....
Because you can’t move on and need protection! But you have a lucrative software company so you should be fine. Do you pay your employees a livable wage?