Notices

Pilot good-will.

Old 11-22-2018, 06:51 AM
The REAL Bluedriver

Joined APC: Sep 2011
Position: Airbus Capt
Default Pilot good-will.

Why would the company even bother with their recent chief/executive free-beer meet-n-greet tour to find out why the overwhelming majority of pilots are not saving the operation with good-will, if they are going to great lengths to put the pieces in place for disciplining pilots for not cleaning aircraft?

Long sentence, sorry.

Writing the FAA and asking for a new interpretation and then sending the pilots emails telling us cleaning is a "requirement" to keep your pass benefits....

It's clear to me they are getting ready to start disciplining pilots who don't clean.
Old 11-22-2018, 09:09 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Feb 2009

Originally Posted by Bluedriver View Post
Why would the company even bother with their recent chief/executive free-beer meet-n-greet tour to find out why the overwhelming majority of pilots are not saving the operation with good-will, if they are going to great lengths to put the pieces in place for disciplining pilots for not cleaning aircraft?

Long sentence, sorry.

Writing the FAA and asking for a new interpretation and then sending the pilots emails telling us cleaning is a "requirement" to keep your pass benefits....

It's clear to me they are getting ready to start disciplining pilots who don't clean.
I think they are realizing our defiance on the issue is acting like a contagion. Watching us walk off without cleaning is emboldening other groups to do the same.

Nevermind that cleaning on the turns used to be a voluntary act of good will to a company that, under Nielman, generally did right by its employees, didn't lie and shared its successes.

This is about control. Instead of motivating through positive leadership, they will use the stick. It is this policy and the "smile through their teeth" way they force it upon you that shows them for what they truly are and what they think of you.

Remember, there are still many state labor laws this policy probably violates. Most other carriers HIRE CLEANERS to do this work. Jetblue wants to threaten you into doing it for free.
Old 11-22-2018, 12:47 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: B-737NG preferably in first class with a glass of champagne and caviar

One of those cases where you should get OSHA involved. After all... if the crews show late, do the cleaners perform cockpit crew preflight duties?
Old 11-22-2018, 04:16 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: P-3C

Yes this is the same old playbook. Run the Wildcat! I agree that this is a set-up to a discipline action line “if” you are caught not blue turning on a commute. The President has a thorn in her craw over cleaning. Oh BTW doesn’t much care for her problematic labor costs (pilots) either.

But I digress. The pilot group’s goodwill bleeds good helpers. The RSA rains in and the group helps out. We will never find a win in a grievance that deals with cleaning and pass travel. We are so weak as a group it’s almost a laugh. Get paid. Get your cash and agree to anything. Keep helping.

Oh, I have to go! Crew Services is calling on line 1. I better get dressed on my day off. I’m a good helper. Get my 💰 for Black Friday.

-Bubs
Old 11-22-2018, 05:34 PM
The REAL Bluedriver

I agree the RSA queens are helping, but I see maybe 5% of the guys I fly with putting forth more than an ounce of good-will.
Old 11-22-2018, 05:52 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2007

Originally Posted by P-3Bubba View Post

But I digress. The pilot group’s goodwill bleeds good helpers. The RSA rains in and the group helps out. We will never find a win in a grievance that deals with cleaning and pass travel. We are so weak as a group it’s almost a laugh. Get paid. Get your cash and agree to anything. Keep helping.

Oh, I have to go! Crew Services is calling on line 1. I better get dressed on my day off. I’m a good helper. Get my 💰 for Black Friday.

-Bubs
It's literally like this at every airline....Legacy, LCC, Cargo, ACMI or Regional. The ones that live close to domicile usually are the ones that will pick up extra flying on their days off. Jetblue pilots aren't some outlier in the industry, sorry.
Old 11-22-2018, 06:49 PM
Banned

Joined APC: Feb 2009

Originally Posted by P-3Bubba View Post
Yes this is the same old playbook. Run the Wildcat! I agree that this is a set-up to a discipline action line “if” you are caught not blue turning on a commute. The President has a thorn in her craw over cleaning. Oh BTW doesn’t much care for her problematic labor costs (pilots) either.

-Bubs

So I had a thought on this. This assumes the company really cracks the whip and we get no relief from the FAA on duty.

Only fold the seat belts. Never clean the pockets. Inflight will have plausible deniability but imagine when the company NPS score goes through the floor due to all the dirty diapers and garbage customers are finding in the seat backs.

The fact is its the seat backs where the dirty needles, human feces, and vomit is located. This is the area I am least interested in putting my hands.

False good will is a two way street. I can smile while taking advantage too Joanna.

Hire cleaners and knock this demeaning nonsense off.
Old 11-22-2018, 06:57 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2015
Position: Gear slinger

Originally Posted by PasserOGas View Post
So I had a thought on this. This assumes the company really cracks the whip and we get no relief from the FAA on duty.
Only fold the seat belts.
That sure sounds like the definition of “De Minimus” cleaning!
Old 11-23-2018, 07:19 AM
The REAL Bluedriver

Originally Posted by PasserOGas View Post

Only fold the seat belts. Never clean the pockets. Inflight will have plausible deniability but imagine when the company NPS score goes through the floor due to all the dirty diapers and garbage customers are finding in the seat backs.

The fact is its the seat backs where the dirty needles, human feces, and vomit is located. This is the area I am least interested in putting my hands.

False good will is a two way street. I can smile while taking advantage too Joanna.

Hire cleaners and knock this demeaning nonsense off.
Even better, throw all the trash INTO the seat back pockets.
Old 11-23-2018, 09:19 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2012
Position: 190 captain and “Pro-pilot”

Originally Posted by Bluedriver View Post

Long sentence, sorry.

Go to one and ask them

No doubt this is all from JG it’s her thing and so it goes.

What else can she do it’s not like she has any operational experience. I’m sure her idea is I said it so you should do it.