33.33%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Getting back in; have offers, want advice

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2018, 06:39 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Oct 2016

Originally Posted by BrazilBusDriver View Post
At this point the decision on where to go is made if I have 9 years of seniority somewhere...glad to hear you picked things up quick and were ready for upgrade that fast!
If you are getting into the same airplane as when you left it’ll be a quick acclimation. Have fun and enjoy it.
Old 12-05-2018, 07:10 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2018

I wouldn’t look at flow so much. You can get to wherever you want before any flow. Id go with Republic or Endeavor.
Old 12-06-2018, 05:07 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Dec 2017

I was in a similar situation about this time last year except for the seniority. I was also hired in June 2007, and furloughed in early 2009.

I came back to TSA last spring, went through training with no problems and expect to upgrade this spring. It’s a different place than it was when we came through the first time. Some of the rotor guys in my class had 14 or 15 sims before their check ride. The training department has added so many extra GFS and SIT sessions that anyone with previous time in the airplane will be bored.

Get in, log some time, and move on.
Old 12-06-2018, 06:08 AM
New Hire

Originally Posted by MrFriendly7 View Post
I wouldn’t look at flow so much. You can get to wherever you want before any flow. Id go with Republic or Endeavor.
Both are hiring for September or November 2019 classes. Also if a Legacy is your goal Republic has a very attrition rate to the Legacies. Southwest and other LCCs have hired far more Republic pilots than all the other carriers combined.
Old 12-06-2018, 07:40 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2018

Originally Posted by fastforward View Post
I was in a similar situation about this time last year except for the seniority. I was also hired in June 2007, and furloughed in early 2009.

I came back to TSA last spring, went through training with no problems and expect to upgrade this spring. It’s a different place than it was when we came through the first time. Some of the rotor guys in my class had 14 or 15 sims before their check ride. The training department has added so many extra GFS and SIT sessions that anyone with previous time in the airplane will be bored.

Get in, log some time, and move on.
Good to know. I recall training being a little more "sink or swim" the first time around.
Old 12-06-2018, 07:49 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2018

Originally Posted by PDTFlyer View Post
Both are hiring for September or November 2019 classes. Also if a Legacy is your goal Republic has a very attrition rate to the Legacies. Southwest and other LCCs have hired far more Republic pilots than all the other carriers combined.
Are these facts you made up? If you have real facts Id like to see them.

The reason they both have classes to next year is because they are the 2 best companies to work for. Work rules and pay.
Old 12-06-2018, 08:15 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2018

The reason they both have classes to next year is because they are the 2 best companies to work for. Work rules and pay.
I think you just admitted he’s right? 🤔
Old 12-06-2018, 08:49 AM
Perennial Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Originally Posted by skytrails View Post
I think you just admitted he’s right? 🤔
I think you are seeing a difference in philosophy at work. If you are looking at a regional to fly for a career, Republic or Endeavor would probably be the places to do that - or on the west coast, Horizon. But if your goal is to get in, build hours, and move on, there are better options.

There are people at some regional's that are passing up upgrade - at least passing it up until they have to upgrade to qualify for the flow - because they can get better schedules as senior FO's. And people that are quite content with the pay and QOL at Republic even if none of their apps for the majors ever get looked at.

I sure wouldn't want to spend my working life at TSA, but as a stepping stone, as a means to an end, and with the OP's seniority? A few years there is a no-brainier.
Old 12-06-2018, 01:08 PM
New Hire

I can’t figure out how to post a picture of it. It keeps asking for a URL but the picture I have is within my phone. Any suggestions?
Old 12-06-2018, 03:54 PM
Perennial Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Originally Posted by PDTFlyer View Post
I can’t figure out how to post a picture of it. It keeps asking for a URL but the picture I have is within my phone. Any suggestions?
If it's aniPhone hit 'manage attachments', then hit the 'choose file' button, find it in your camera roll and select it, then push upload.