Notices

Jan/Feb classes

Old 01-07-2019, 07:02 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2016
Position: Blue Bus Driver

Originally Posted by bushrat03 View Post
After getting the CJO, I was told verbally by Jean Thompson that I’m in the January 28th class. I haven’t received any disclosures or other forms whatsoever. Should I be concerned?
Did you get your drug test done?
I was told on my CJO call that they were wanting to try to get me into the 28th class as well. Hopefully Ill see you there.

Hopefully today is the day of some calls going out!!!!
Old 01-07-2019, 08:32 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2016
Position: Blue Bus Driver

Originally Posted by Ray Kinsella View Post
Class of 30 on 1/28.
Is January all filled up already....as in....no more calls for this month?
Old 01-07-2019, 02:46 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Mar 2013
Position: DC-9 F.O.

Originally Posted by tailpilot View Post
Did you get your drug test done?
I was told on my CJO call that they were wanting to try to get me into the 28th class as well. Hopefully Ill see you there.

Hopefully today is the day of some calls going out!!!!
I did my drug test quite a while ago. I was told the same thing. Looking forward to seeing you there too.
Old 01-07-2019, 09:20 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jul 2018

Originally Posted by rvfanatic View Post
Congrats! How long of swimming in the pool will that be for you both? Any idea how big the pool is?
Entered the pool in Oct, CJO in November. Sorry, I have no idea how big the pool is.
Old 01-10-2019, 02:11 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Oct 2017
Default Got CJO

I received a CJO a few days ago for the 29 Jan class. 70 days in the pool. 43 days from interview to pool letter.
Old 01-10-2019, 04:44 PM
Social Media retired.

Joined APC: May 2018

Did you two go to job fairs?

Anything else you can think of that helped get you the call?

Basic stats and backgrounds?

I know we are all reluctant to post personal info but it really helps others trying to get the call.
Old 01-10-2019, 05:55 PM
New Hire

Default CJO with Stats and my experience

TT: 3500 all military
PIC: 1700 (800 of which is single engine turboprop)
C-17 time (Heavy International) 1600 hrs

I attended job fair in July, a week after I submitted my app, (4 months from my availability date). I also got an internal rec the same week. Several weeks and months later, I got 2 more internal rec's.

I am almost certain the job fair did it. HR gave me their business card and told me to call them the next week and I did. The phone interview (basic questions as posted other places) occurred 1 week later. I was given the Hogan right after that. Then 5 weeks later, got a call to set up an interview that was another 4 weeks away. Pool and CJO as posted above.

I really think the job fair was vital, but I didn't have my app in long enough to know if my application and 1 internal could have secured the interview (it said "active" when I finished it). All the airlines at this particular career expo didn't seem to care that I was there, but UPS read my resume, talked with me for a while, and made me input my email into their IPAD for tracking purposes. That was my one and only job fair. And UPS has been my one and only interview and CJO. I had apps in and 3 internal recs at each of the big 3 airlines for 7 months now. Strange right?

The hiring pool was frustrating and long because I thought I screwed something up at the interview, but perhaps I was being too hard on myself. I was surprised to get the pool letter so late too. I just think they are busy and the process is slow.

Thanks to all on here who posted so I could gain insight into this process, and I hope all can gain from my experience.
Old 01-10-2019, 06:05 PM
New Hire

I just tried to post a large overview of my experience and a message quickly flashed that it was going to the moderator for review. We'll see what happens.
Old 01-10-2019, 07:05 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jul 2013

Originally Posted by AK Mightymoose View Post
I received a CJO a few days ago for the 29 Jan class. 70 days in the pool. 43 days from interview to pool letter.

29th or 28th?? If it's the 28th, I'll see you there!
Old 01-11-2019, 05:32 PM
Banned

Joined APC: Sep 2015
Position: MD-11 FO

Great to see the IPA email today! What a great cross section of new-hires. Military, Corporate, Regionals, International, ACMs.... UPS does an excellent job of hiring in my opinion.

And remember... as my famous mentor told me. UPS prints your paycheck, and the IPA tells them the amount to put on it!

Welcome aboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk