Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Airline Pilot Forums > Fractional > NetJets
How is the quality of life at netjets? >

How is the quality of life at netjets?

Notices
NetJets Fractional Operator

How is the quality of life at netjets?

Old 12-23-2018, 05:49 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Oct 2018

Originally Posted by Flyfalcons View Post
I never implied that at all. We all have our busy weeks and our easy weeks. My friend had a relatively busy week and earned 2,000 extra dollars. Never did I say that every tour will be as profitable. But over the year, it will be a tangile bump in pay. Personally I'm thinking it will be around 20-25K on the busier fleets. Not 40K on average for everyone.

Why are all of your arguments predicated on putting words in others' mouths?
I’m just asking if you actually believe what you presume to be coming, or if it is mere hope because you’ve been there so long and you deserve it. I’m on your side I really am, but at what point is the pilot group going to wipe delusion from the action plan?

You’re even talking like the IBI passed and you’re not the only one to do this, my friends that I talk to are also doing this. Your buddy didn’t make 2,000 extra bucks, the IBI hasn’t passed yet lol. I know it will pass and they are tracking pay so he will get back pay but I’m merely just asking if all this money people think NJA is allowing you to make is pure hope or so deep down, you believe it.

It wasn’t 6 months ago that management wouldn’t give a dime in the IBI and talks broke twice. You don’t find that odd?
Old 12-23-2018, 05:57 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2015

No, you specifically asked if I felt it would be a 40K bump on average for everyone.

Originally Posted by OhSnapAF View Post
So you think this is really going to end up being a potentially out of the blue, 40,000 dollar raise for every pilot?
You just keep moving the goal posts until they fit whatever narrative you're trying to create.

On getting a pay raise, using the actual average number of flight hours per crew member, there is simply no mathematical way to continue doing the flying the group is already doing without a reasonable bump in pay. I'll be happy to keep track of my flight pay in 2019 and report back, until then, enjoy moving those goal posts.

Last edited by Flyfalcons; 12-23-2018 at 06:19 AM.
Old 12-23-2018, 06:52 AM
Banned

No, you specifically asked if I felt it would be a 40K bump on average for everyone.

You just keep moving the goal posts until they fit whatever narrative you're trying to create.

On getting a pay raise, using the actual average number of flight hours per crew member, there is simply no mathematical way to continue doing the flying the group is already doing without a reasonable bump in pay. I'll be happy to keep track of my flight pay in 2019 and report back, until then, enjoy moving those goal posts.
I’m not trying to move the goal posts, so sorry if I’m doing that.

I do find it interesting that you think the company won’t move the goal posts or that the culture of NJA won’t change dramatically.
Old 12-23-2018, 07:00 AM
Gets Weekends Off

What goal posts can the company move? The 12.1 is in writing and it's in the company's best interests to keep the metal moving with owners onboard. It's not like the company can say "oh we meant 20 hours per tour", like you do with your arguments.
Old 12-23-2018, 07:58 AM
Banned

What goal posts can the company move? The 12.1 is in writing and it's in the company's best interests to keep the metal moving with owners onboard. It's not like the company can say "oh we meant 20 hours per tour", like you do with your arguments.
Lol man you’ve been there way too long to ignore that scheduling has ultimate control over you.

I am actually doing nothing of the sort of my arguments. You are basing pre IBI flying to post IBI flying and making up numbers. And you think that is more realistic than fatigue numbers plummeting and flight hours drastically reducing.

I may move the goal posts, but you are ignoring the soccer field all together.
Old 12-23-2018, 08:41 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Of course scheduling has ultimate control. But owners want to fly their planes and that isn't going to change. What do you personally think a guy like me, on a fleet that earns its keep, will make in IBI bucks in 2019? You seem to have all the answers for a company you are not associated with, so let's hear it.
Old 12-23-2018, 09:34 AM
Speed, Power, Accuracy

Joined APC: Sep 2007
Position: PIC

This entire process was originally being sold as a way to improve QOL on the road. Now that most realize scheduling will NEVER change, it’s being sold as a “pay raise.”

The simple fact is, we won’t know for sure until a year from now. But for me, I’ll be shocked if I gross an additional 15K and I expect just as much, if not more, hot spare since my fleet is becoming the Universal Recovery Machine as it nears disposal.

The sickest part is, as another pilot in my fleet put it, the IBI is a recipe for corruption. The A Team (or Bubba Club in Okatie parlance) will get even more rich as their E Bay bids on used Dixie cups guarantee them even more of the long-range, high time flying while the rest of the kids get beat up with short, multiple leg days and pantloads of airport appreciation time.

Let’s compare notes next Christmas.

Speaking of which, have a Merry one.
Old 12-23-2018, 11:03 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2018

Originally Posted by OhSnapAF View Post
There is no positive link, to be clear. Pilot numbers are down around 400 from 2015, they will further decline without operational issue, because of the IBI.

Look at 2019 hiring numbers versus attrition. For all intent and purpose, the net gain for pilots was almost nothing, like less than 10 pilots. If management can get the current crop of donkeys that will never retire, to pull more load, they don’t need to grow.

Management really nailed this one and the pilot group has no idea what hit them, but also, the pilot group has a history of ignoring the big picture for some quick cash.
...the *union* pilot group.
Please don’t throw me in with the rest of the blind fools who took the bait. I voted Nay.
Old 12-23-2018, 11:55 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 55555 View Post
...the *union* pilot group.
Please don’t throw me in with the rest of the blind fools who took the bait. I voted Nay.
Yea I would say the majority.

So funny, 2015 CBA, you couldn't find somebody that said they voted yes. Everyone you asked as a universal "hell no!" and then the results came out. 3 out of 4 voted yes. This will be no different, (not saying that you didn't vote no) but this will probably pass in the 80% area and everyone will be a no vote in the crew rooms.
Old 12-23-2018, 12:49 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2018

Originally Posted by GeeWizDriver View Post
This entire process was originally being sold as a way to improve QOL on the road. Now that most realize scheduling will NEVER change, it’s being sold as a “pay raise.”

The simple fact is, we won’t know for sure until a year from now. But for me, I’ll be shocked if I gross an additional 15K and I expect just as much, if not more, hot spare since my fleet is becoming the Universal Recovery Machine as it nears disposal.

The sickest part is, as another pilot in my fleet put it, the IBI is a recipe for corruption. The A Team (or Bubba Club in Okatie parlance) will get even more rich as their E Bay bids on used Dixie cups guarantee them even more of the long-range, high time flying while the rest of the kids get beat up with short, multiple leg days and pantloads of airport appreciation time.

Let’s compare notes next Christmas.

Speaking of which, have a Merry one.
You referring to the large cabin? They will make out like wet bandits with this new IBI. Think about their day 1 traveling international and making 24+ hours of OT....