Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Airline Pilot Forums > Cargo > Atlas/Polar
Atlas pilots deserve better? Teamsters 1224 v >

Atlas pilots deserve better? Teamsters 1224 v

Notices

Atlas pilots deserve better? Teamsters 1224 v

Old 12-24-2018, 09:57 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2018

Originally Posted by deus ex machina View Post
If ALPA was last at your property in 2005 what has IBT been doing?

According to APC you contract was amendable over two years ago...

AND

WB FOs at my airline make more than your 747 CAs... think about that every time you fly...

Weak unions like SWAPA, IPA and IBT are easy for the company to manipulate and delay...

Enjoy....

....the scourge.
I can’t believe you think ALPA is better than the IPA. I have 20 years with ALPA carriers and 3 with the IPA. I wouldn’t go back to ALPA if the dues were free.
Old 12-24-2018, 10:08 AM
VHR-very happily retired

Joined APC: Aug 2007
Position: Retired

Originally Posted by hammer pants View Post
I can’t believe you think ALPA is better than the IPA. I have 20 years with ALPA carriers and 3 with the IPA. I wouldn’t go back to ALPA if the dues were free.
Please explain 2 things for me.

1) Were you at a regional when ALPA was your Union?

2) Are you at Atlas?

If you were a commuter pilot I would agree that ALPA was valueless to you. The power will always be where the board members work. The board members are voted in usually by the larger airline. BTW the head of ALPA is a Cargo pilot now. If you are at Atlas, kind of a good deal. If not, very bad deal and you should consider leaving as you will receive even less representation financially than a commuter pilot.

There is no comparison between the non negotiating programs that ALPA has compared to the IBT.

So how are the negotiations progressing over at Atlas? I assume from your comments regarding the higher quality of representation that IBT provides that they must be right on schedule.

One last comment. I watch with interest the negative remarks made about the ATI contract. If Atlas and ABX fail to acquire a new contract by the time ATI gets their next one (possibly) how much more money and benefits will a pilot at ATI have accrued? Just something to think about regarding different strategies.
Old 12-24-2018, 10:39 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2017
Position: Wichita

If the judge rules in favor of AAWH and against the pilots in regard to the arbitration hearing, then the IBT is going to have a bad time. It might turn pretty ugly pretty fast.
Old 12-24-2018, 10:43 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2007

Originally Posted by maxjet View Post
There is no comparison between the non negotiating programs that ALPA has compared to the IBT.
You said ALPA was better than IPA OR IBT. He said he prefers IPA. I presume that this means that he works for UPS. And, uhm, judging by the UPS contract, the IPA seems to be just fine from the cheap seats.
Old 12-24-2018, 11:11 AM
VHR-very happily retired

Originally Posted by Boris Badenov View Post
You said ALPA was better than IPA OR IBT. He said he prefers IPA. I presume that this means that he works for UPS. And, uhm, judging by the UPS contract, the IPA seems to be just fine from the cheap seats.
No, I wrote that ALPA has better non-negotiations programs than the IBT. I have never mentioned IPA
Old 12-24-2018, 11:17 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2007
Position: Sr. VP of button pushing

Originally Posted by Droopy View Post
Additionally, in the announcement of the Ameriflight Pilot Pathway program, they reference the Atlas ATP/CTP program. If they are truly developing one, that lends credence to taking new pilots...
Developing, they've had an approved program since March of 2016. They've had theirs two months longer than Delta.

https://www.faa.gov/pilots/training/..._Providers.pdf
Old 12-24-2018, 11:19 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2011

So typical for Delta to copy everything that Atlas does.
Old 12-24-2018, 11:39 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2017

No, I wrote that ALPA has better non-negotiations programs than the IBT. I have never mentioned IPA
deus ex machina mentioned the IPA... and I must agree with Hammer and Boris WRT deus' statement.
Old 12-24-2018, 11:53 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2018

Please explain 2 things for me.

1) Were you at a regional when ALPA was your Union?

2) Are you at Atlas?

If you were a commuter pilot I would agree that ALPA was valueless to you. The power will always be where the board members work. The board members are voted in usually by the larger airline. BTW the head of ALPA is a Cargo pilot now. If you are at Atlas, kind of a good deal. If not, very bad deal and you should consider leaving as you will receive even less representation financially than a commuter pilot.

So how are the negotiations progressing over at Atlas? I assume from your comments regarding the higher quality of representation that IBT provides that they must be right on schedule.

One last comment. I watch with interest the negative remarks made about the ATI contract. If Atlas and ABX fail to acquire a new contract by the time ATI gets their next one (possibly) how much more money and benefits will a pilot at ATI have accrued? Just something to think about regarding different strategies.

I wasn’t referring to your comment hence the quote of someone else.
Old 12-24-2018, 04:03 PM
VHR-very happily retired

Originally Posted by hammer pants View Post
I wasn’t referring to your comment hence the quote of someone else.
Sorry, you are correct. I was referring to IBT and you to IPA. The success of IPA can’t be disputed.