Notices
Cargo Part 121 cargo airlines

ABX Christmas meals

Old 12-25-2018, 08:58 AM
VHR-very happily retired

Joined APC: Aug 2007
Position: Retired

Originally Posted by nitefr8dog View Post
As usual you totally missed the point....the crews have already paid for the meals in the form of a contract agreed upon meal provided at the company's expense when preforming an on premise duty and the cafeteria is not open. So to go and buy a meal a second time...as all negotiated contract items already come at a price, starts to wear on you. Of course everyone will bring something with them to eat..again not the point. How many catered flights would depart without food on a 10 or 12 hr duty day that you work on? As far as the grievance process, boy nothing gets by you...this is the RLA we operate under is it not? At the last crew meal grievance our DO stated to the mediator " we believe we are in compliance with the contract because...there is a cafeteria available its just not open" that was with a straight face. You can't make this stuff up. That is the point. And second...nobody give 2 $h!ts what you did in your previous life or how sick reading this makes you. I hope you puke on your shirt while you walk through the mall in your uniform and tell everyone you used to be a cop. You are still a horsesa$$.
Blah, blah, blah.... I guess I must just be used to working in an environment of cooperation where mature adults work together for a common goal. BTW twice this month hot meals failed to arrive on my flights out of Ontario. No advanced notice 3 or 4 days out like you had. No frozen meals provided. Guess what we did? We called the company and worked it out. I had some protein bars the one day and a UPS aircraft next to us had some extra grub, the other day. We made it work. Guess what? We didn’t just roll over for an ontime departure, no, they gave us Connie meals for our trouble. So I go home with 150.00 in Connie meals (one for Christmas) to enjoy with my loved ones. That’s what happens at a company looked down upon by the likes of you for being a bottom feeder. I would wish you a Merry Christmas but I do honestly believe that you are incapable of having one.
Old 12-25-2018, 09:19 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Apr 2016

Every time i did R1 i just left, worked out at crunch fitness and then ate a decent meal. Then again I didnt care if ops called (they never did), that r1 for 12 hrs was a Joke
Old 12-25-2018, 09:31 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2008

Sherp.... we are both ex military. We learned to overcome and conquer. These snowflakes need serious gyno work!
Old 12-25-2018, 11:46 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007

[QUOTE=Windshear;2731180]I bet all the ASTAR pilots are remembering 2009, and enjoying a good laugh at this thread.

Are there any left? The reports from the field were pretty grim for awhile.
Old 12-25-2018, 11:47 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by motorclutch View Post
Sherp.... we are both ex military. We learned to overcome and conquer. These snowflakes need serious gyno work!
You whined and bit@#ed more than anyone!
Old 12-25-2018, 11:52 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Makinitup View Post
This is the problem with our country now. Instead of taking care of yourself, and helping others, you want someone else to provide for everything and then when they do it’s never enough. I do agree this isn’t much but being an adult I know how to and would take care of myself if I was doing R1 today. Instead of complaining on here why don’t some of those sitting at home or in their crash pad near CVG get with others and prepare a meal then go to bldg 6 and celebrate Christmas and share an hour with the poor starving R1 crews. Nothing to cry about then. Show the company what compassion looks like instead of demanding it from them and faking offense. Merry Christmas.
So....taking care of yourself like if the company reduced your contract agreed upon per diem by 20$ a day you would just eat less? My ass you would bi!ch, whine and file grievances just like everyone else!
Old 12-25-2018, 11:56 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Come on now it was in direct response to the person I quoted. As to the “next” contract sure there will be one or there wont be an ABX anymore. Even you sounded more positive that that in other recent posts of yours.
Direct response? He was not complaining about catering....he was using catering for an example as I did. The thread is about no contract approved crew meals when on premise reserve and no cafeteria open. Is it that difficult to understand the thread? Come on now....
And I do not think there ever will be another contract or an ABX anymore.
My responses have been to posts stating things not true at ABX. Is it a dumpster fire run by incompetent idiots? Yes. Can you still make good money and not get pushed around until the doors are chained shut and everyone goes to Omni or ATI , retires or UPS as of late? Yes
Old 12-25-2018, 01:01 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2018
Position: B767 Capt.

Originally Posted by nitefr8dog View Post
Direct response? Is it a dumpster fire run by incompetent idiots? Yes.
This is true for some but I no longer fly with you.
Old 12-25-2018, 02:58 PM
Gets Weekends Off

This is true for some but I no longer fly with you.
That's all you got?
Hopefully we never did....also I don't run the place.
Old 12-26-2018, 12:01 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2017

Fatigue

The verbal F-Bomb of aviation, for when conventional warfare fails and you need to go nuke on some @$$