Notices
SkyWest Regional Airline

Real Dick in Tampa

Old 12-28-2018, 05:03 PM
Can't abide NAI

Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: Douglas Aerospace post production Flight Test & Work Around Engineering bulletin dissembler
Default Real Dick in Tampa

To my non rev-er in Tampa who I asked to wait so we could assist a wheelchair passenger, who blew off the Captain's request to wait, climbing over the legs of a man who had surgery to get home a second earlier; yes I know who you are. Three flight attendants identified you and Jerry Atkin has been a friend of mine for 30* years.

When you get a free ride home on another airline, you should be a considerate and kind professional pilot. You were a dick.

The gold standard is to wait until revenue passengers are accommodated. They pay the bills and our paychecks. At a minimum, when the Captain on your flight asks you to wait while he helps a handicapped passenger, you wait.
Old 12-28-2018, 05:06 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2008
Position: B767

Originally Posted by Bucking Bar View Post
To my non rev-er in Tampa who I asked to wait so we could assist a wheelchair passenger, who blew off the Captain's request to wait, climbing over the legs of a man who had surgery to get home a second earlier; yes I know who you are. Three flight attendants identified you and Jerry Atkin has been a friend of mine for 30 years.

When you get a free ride home on another airline, you should be a considerate and kind professional pilot. You were a dick.
Report this to your jumpseat chair. Definitely not cool on his/her part.
Old 12-28-2018, 05:11 PM
Can't abide NAI

Position: Douglas Aerospace post production Flight Test & Work Around Engineering bulletin dissembler

Originally Posted by wrxpilot View Post
Report this to your jumpseat chair. Definitely not cool on his/her part.
He listed as a non-rev and SkyWest is not ALPA. If SkyWest has something like a pro standards, PM me.

Simply put; SkyWest and Delta have no tolerance for this sort of thing and United probably does not either.

and it isn’t a “mainline” thing. If he, as Captain, had asked me for help as a non rev I would have been happy to comply, our of respect for his jet, his airline, my free ride and a revenue passenger.

Last edited by Bucking Bar; 12-28-2018 at 05:23 PM.
Old 12-28-2018, 05:22 PM
Gets Weekends Off

He listed as a non-rev and SkyWest is not ALPA
I’m a former SkyWester. We still had a jumpseat chair through our non-union pilot association. I’m with an ALPA carrier now. Going through your jumpseat chair is the right move in this situation.
Old 12-28-2018, 05:37 PM
Can't abide NAI

Originally Posted by wrxpilot View Post
I’m a former SkyWester. We still had a jumpseat chair through our non-union pilot association. I’m with an ALPA carrier now. Going through your jumpseat chair is the right move in this situation.
He was not a jumpseater.

To any other SkyWest pilots: non rev travel off line is a privilege.

You have no idea who among us are life long friends with our boss, or your boss. This is a smaller industry than you could ever imagine.

That is why we behave when we find ourselves on your jet, especially in uniform. In your jet my reply is “yes Sir”

Just got a quote from the manager of our airline’s pilot recruitment “xxxx ..I just said the same thing in my head! He is not a Delta fit.”

Last edited by Bucking Bar; 12-28-2018 at 05:49 PM.
Old 12-28-2018, 05:51 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Dec 2018

Next time I encourage you to do the hard adult thing and engage the offender in conversation.

You better follow through on your threats. Adult.
Old 12-28-2018, 05:53 PM
Can't abide NAI

Originally Posted by latherboots View Post
Next time I encourage you to do the hard adult thing and engage the offender in conversation.

You better follow through on your threats. Adult.
I did. He ran up the jetway.

The priority at that moment was the passenger.
Old 12-28-2018, 06:05 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jun 2018

We do have professional standards at SkyWest.

Would it not be best for you to approach your own airline's jumpseat coordinator so that the the matter might be resolved?

Posting on APC will not right any wrongs. I hope that you find a resolution to your issue; it sounds as if this person has abused his travel privileges and therefore punishment might be warranted.

Passengers ought to be treated with the utmost respect. We as pilots are in a position to serve.
Old 12-28-2018, 06:38 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2017

I did. He ran up the jetway.

The priority at that moment was the passenger.
The guy was probably running to the bathroom because he was going to crap his pants. If you’ve ever been there you’d climb over a wheelchair too.
Old 12-28-2018, 06:42 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by FedUpPayMe View Post
We do have professional standards at SkyWest.

Would it not be best for you to approach your own airline's jumpseat coordinator so that the the matter might be resolved?

Posting on APC will not right any wrongs. I hope that you find a resolution to your issue; it sounds as if this person has abused his travel privileges and therefore punishment might be warranted.

Passengers ought to be treated with the utmost respect. We as pilots are in a position to serve.
So far the way the OP is responding is making me think there are two sides to this story.