Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Career Builder > Flight Schools and Training
Atlanta area for instrument to CFI >

Atlanta area for instrument to CFI

Notices
Flight Schools and Training Ratings, building hours, airmanship, CFI topics

Atlanta area for instrument to CFI

Old 01-04-2019, 05:08 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Mar 2016
Default Atlanta area for instrument to CFI

Currently have my PPL, looking to finish up instrument, commercial, (probably multi add on too), and get my CFI to gain employment and start building hours.

The goal is the regionals while I wait out a medical condition that requires about two more years of time before I am eligible to swear in to the Guard to begin the UPT/TFOT pipeline (already have a UPT hire).

Right now my plan is to use a local FBO to finish instrument and commercial and then possibly Falcon Aviation Academy's CFI/II academy and instruct there to build time. Any thoughts from people with knowledge on the flight training in the Atlanta area are welcomed.
Old 01-05-2019, 12:19 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2017

My first thought was Falcon Aviation also.
Old 01-07-2019, 05:53 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2018

Originally Posted by RNAV2GRITZ View Post
Currently have my PPL, looking to finish up instrument, commercial, (probably multi add on too), and get my CFI to gain employment and start building hours.

The goal is the regionals while I wait out a medical condition that requires about two more years of time before I am eligible to swear in to the Guard to begin the UPT/TFOT pipeline (already have a UPT hire).

Right now my plan is to use a local FBO to finish instrument and commercial and then possibly Falcon Aviation Academy's CFI/II academy and instruct there to build time. Any thoughts from people with knowledge on the flight training in the Atlanta area are welcomed.
I was were you are exactly 1 year ago. Fast forward to today and I have my Instrument, Commercial, CFI and now work part time as a CFI at a flight school at PDK.

Sounds like you have a good plan with one caveat (maybe) regarding Falcon. I also finished up Instrument at my local school at RYY but then had to find other options for Commercial and CFI outside of the Atlanta area. I went to Falcon several times to inquire about their training and was set on finishing my training there but communication was really difficult, not responding to emails or phone calls, etc. I might still try to go work at Falcon full time in the next couple of months but as far as the training goes, it does seem to me that they put the Chinese students first and that anyone else falls lower on the priority list.
Old 01-08-2019, 02:10 PM
ALL Days Off

Joined APC: Dec 2010

Cherokee Flight in Canton is where I'd recommend. Decent planes and prices plus they have a great relationship with the DPE they use. Its a small operation but good instruction.
Old 01-26-2019, 12:58 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: May 2017

Im curious to know if you have found a flight school. I am new to the Atlanta area, and also looking. I have been trying to contact Falcon Aviation Academy, but no return calls or messages.
Old 02-02-2019, 12:57 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2017

Originally Posted by Bs4304 View Post
Im curious to know if you have found a flight school. I am new to the Atlanta area, and also looking. I have been trying to contact Falcon Aviation Academy, but no return calls or messages.
Falcon is almost entirely Chinese training. They have so many students (again, almost entirely from China) that they bought a hotel in Newnan to house them all. Good luck,