Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Airline Pilot Forums > Fractional > Flexjet
Mil conversion for FlexJet app >

Mil conversion for FlexJet app

Notices
Flexjet Fractional Operator

Mil conversion for FlexJet app

Old 01-20-2019, 04:25 AM
Speed, Power, Accuracy

Joined APC: Sep 2007
Position: PIC

And B727DRVR has been SPOT ON with his posts.
Old 01-20-2019, 06:13 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2015

F16's posts have been a great example of why crew time is valued in the civilian world. Not sure if that was his intent, which proves the point even more.
Old 01-20-2019, 11:29 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2006

Originally Posted by Flyfalcons View Post
F16's posts have been a great example of why crew time is valued in the civilian world. Not sure if that was his intent, which proves the point even more.
Actually, it proved why there is no point in trying to explain fighter time to a bunch of civilians. Your comments just prove you know nothing,

I am also speaking from experience. Having flown in fractional, charter, and airline ops for many years, crew flying is the easiest flying I have ever done. Its not that difficult. It’s unfortunate that it hurts the pride of you fellas.
Old 01-20-2019, 01:24 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by F16Driver View Post
Actually, it proved why there is no point in trying to explain fighter time to a bunch of civilians. Your comments just prove you know nothing,

I am also speaking from experience. Having flown in fractional, charter, and airline ops for many years, crew flying is the easiest flying I have ever done. Its not that difficult. It’s unfortunate that it hurts the pride of you fellas.
Correction: The comments prove you know nothing (about that community). I also have stories and have flown with great individuals from all backgrounds. Could all of them fly fighter aircraft, nope. Could everyone I have flown with in the fighter community fly crew aircraft, yup.
Old 01-20-2019, 02:57 PM
whatever

Joined APC: Sep 2015

The best successful trips are the ones that are Not difficult and
I find my pride when the passengers say “thanks for the nice flight.”
Old 01-20-2019, 04:23 PM
Speed, Power, Accuracy

Joined APC: Sep 2007
Position: PIC

Could everyone I have flown with in the fighter community fly crew aircraft, yup.
Get the jet from A to B? Probably.

Fly it smoothly? Maybe.

Be a complete d-bag while doing it? If you're any indication, absolutely.
Old 01-20-2019, 04:35 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by GeeWizDriver View Post
Get the jet from A to B? Probably.

Fly it smoothly? Maybe.

Be a complete d-bag while doing it? If you're any indication, absolutely.
Haha.

Here comes the hurt feeling reports. Remember to file them in triplicate.
Old 01-20-2019, 04:51 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2015

As long as you understand that you're continuing to prove our point, carry on.
Old 01-20-2019, 05:12 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'

Originally Posted by GeeWizDriver View Post
For identifying pilots who are good at yanking and banking and going Mach 2 with their hair on fire, this is probably true in military flight training.

But in general, many of these ace fighter jocks SUCK in a business jet cockpit which IS what we're talking about. Most of them are arrogant, selfish pricks who climb and descend and turn as if they're engaging a Mig and they land the jet like a third wire trap on a heaving carrier deck and can't get along with anybody.

One notable exception in my experience is a Marine Harrier pilot who is funny enough and crazy enough to wash the fighter pilot stink off himself.

The other exception is a good friend who is a ring knocker and was a career FB-111 driver. The ironic thing about that is, the arrogant pricks in the F-16 community didn't consider the 111 a fighter...

I have flown with a LOT of C17 and C130 drivers and I would rather have them or a civilian trained pilot sitting next to me for a week, hands down.
But a FB-111 wasn’t a fighter...

Now some of you guys are making the same generalized statements about fighter-attack guys.

Btw - this whole you haven’t flown as part of a team because you were a fighter-attack guy is a bunch of malarkey too.
Just because the guy might not have been in the same cockpit as you doesn’t mean you didn’t work with other flight members, other support aircraft, guys on the ground you might have been supporting, or even GCI.

Transitioning to a multi-crewed cockpit was easy IMO.
Oh yeah....I have to ask the rest of the crew if the temperature is ok :-)

I too find the civilian flying (and in my case the rules of P135) to be a PITA. I’d like to try some of those other types of flying too but the QOL would suffer right now for others and that is a higher priority right now.
Old 01-20-2019, 07:20 PM
Holiday Inn Silver Elite

Joined APC: Jun 2008

Originally Posted by USMCFLYR View Post
But a FB-111 wasn’t a fighter...

Now some of you guys are making the same generalized statements about fighter-attack guys.

Btw - this whole you haven’t flown as part of a team because you were a fighter-attack guy is a bunch of malarkey too.
Just because the guy might not have been in the same cockpit as you doesn’t mean you didn’t work with other flight members, other support aircraft, guys on the ground you might have been supporting, or even GCI.

Transitioning to a multi-crewed cockpit was easy IMO.
Oh yeah....I have to ask the rest of the crew if the temperature is ok :-)

I too find the civilian flying (and in my case the rules of P135) to be a PITA. I’d like to try some of those other types of flying too but the QOL would suffer right now for others and that is a higher priority right now.
Wait wait wait.. you mean to tell me that you do the type of flying that makes you happy and works best for your family, you could could care less about all the pointless bickering BS that goes on like the above crap? Please gawd say it ain’t so.