Search
Notices

Atlas Air Imputed Income

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2019, 04:59 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2018

Originally Posted by JungleJetDriver View Post
As a pilot group unify, walk in and quit. Everyone of you, on the same day. All this crying with no action doesn’t bode well for you guys. You come across as imasculated, crybabies. Grow a pair and do something about it. Otherwise it must not be that bad.
That is just our millennial leadership showing through again. They are pretty good at goading others into being taken hostage by the company though.

Old 03-02-2019, 10:06 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008

I think you're crazy for asking this question. But....Plenty of other of ACMI in the sea, that pay a lot more. So....Happy fishing.
Old 03-02-2019, 10:18 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2019

Originally Posted by Max7 View Post
hello, just a quick question, need your help and some suggestions,,,,
do you guys think moving from Skywest Airlines to ATLAS, Would be a good move?
I really don't mined night flying or be away from home for 17days, but it looks like there is lot of hidden fees will come off your paycheck,
recently they contact me and now even they providing confirmed ticket with Hotel for my interview

just don't want to stay in regional trying to move up...
any help appreciate
I wish airlines had a technical “grammar” portion of the interview.
Old 03-02-2019, 10:43 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008

Originally Posted by Max7 View Post
hello, just a quick question, need your help and some suggestions,,,,
do you guys think moving from Skywest Airlines to ATLAS, Would be a good move?
I really don't mined night flying or be away from home for 17days, but it looks like there is lot of hidden fees will come off your paycheck,
recently they contact me and now even they providing confirmed ticket with Hotel for my interview

just don't want to stay in regional trying to move up...
any help appreciate
Really??? Delete your post and then repost?
Old 02-06-2021, 01:12 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2017
Position: single-pilot multi turbine captain

Sooo, the company website reads "This program is voluntary and a benefit, crewmembers can opt out." Is anyone savvy enough to address the issue accurately? I am not, but am ghinking it counts as income and you will be taxed accordingly, OR you can have it computed as part of your withholding gouge. Also, I expect it's income not reported to Social Security and the SS tax will not apply to that portion.
Old 02-06-2021, 01:39 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2017
Position: single-pilot multi turbine captain

I guessed wrong, SS applies - at least it boosts your SS benefit 🤞Here is a reference, may not be most current: https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p15b.pdf
Old 02-09-2021, 05:00 AM
VHR-very happily retired

Joined APC: Aug 2007
Position: Retired

Originally Posted by DC8DRIVER View Post
Fewer and fewer pilots are staying at Atlas.

The latest chart shows an average of 200 pilots a year leaving for greener pastures. Of those who haven't left yet, a vast majority have applications out and plan to leave.

I can assure you that the decision making process of those who have not left is sound and they have chosen to stay and fight (or to fight until they move on!).

The decision making process that should be questioned is the one that leads pilots to make the decision to come to Atlas today.
Stay and fight? Really? Fight for what? Fight for whom? I would hope that there is no fighting from the pilot group going on. If there is, then they are getting their asses kicked.

Bottom line is this. Pilots from the middle of the pack up are not seeing very many of the problems whined about on this thread. They make decent (not standard) money. They work decent schedules. They very seldom if ever pay imputed taxes. In short they stay because their life is not at all the life of the pilots below the middle.

The problem for the pilots is that it will be a long time before the industry gets back to the point where pilots in the bottom half are again free to leave due to a pilot shortage. However, this is not all bad news for the pilots in the top half. By the time the industry returns to where it was pre-Covid, the Amazon thing may be decided. There will be a clearer path for the pilots to see without the specter of sale or breakup in the mix. Atlas will need pilots to fly the planes. There will be no pilots unless they offer compensation. Atlas will see that it will be a favorable ROI and do it. Unless the pilots sign another long term contract.....

So, potential new hires. Go to Atlas as a stepping stone. Great people to fly with. Nice aircraft, and good destinations once you learn how to work the system a bit. Weigh that against all of the problems portrayed above. They are real problems and you will be dealing with them.
Old 02-09-2021, 05:31 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2014

Well, since Maxjet is retired and never worked for Atlas, he wouldn't realize that with this management team, everything is literally a fight.

If you're not fighting against the thugs in management you're literally part of the problem at Atlas.
Old 02-09-2021, 06:37 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2017

Originally Posted by zerozero View Post
Well, since Maxjet is retired and never worked for Atlas, he wouldn't realize that with this management team, everything is literally a fight.

If you're not fighting against the thugs in management you're literally part of the problem at Atlas.
The problem is that we don't really fight. We make grandiose statements to our pilots. We tell them "You're either with us or against us!". The truth is that when it's really time to grab spears and shields, the folk making grand statements don't show up.

More importantly we don't shut-up. I just finished a trip. During this flight a gentleman name-dropped a pilot and described what the stewards are doing for that person. That person name-dropped another pilot and described what pro-standards was doing about that person. All of this was unsolicited by anyone on the flight deck. So pro-standards and the stewards are leaking information to this guy. I'm sure they're thinking they are speaking to a trustworthy friend, albeit inappropriately. He's casually using this information to build rapport with new pilots. The result is yet another breakdown and yet another example of systems failing to perform as advertised.

But we're telling our pilots they're the problem? That, my friend, is institutional cowardice. You're personally better than this.

Instead of issuing more grand statements let's get ourselves together. That means cleaning up our own act. It also means not painting with a broad brush. There are people there willing to work with us and be reasonable. Calling them thugs paints them into a corner and turns potential partners into enemies. This is a weak leader's gambit to build support underneath himself while compromising the greater effort. Instead cite the people that help. We're not fighting a monolith. This type of thinking blinds us to potential opportunities and advantages.
Old 02-09-2021, 07:07 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Mar 2013

Originally Posted by maxjet View Post
Stay and fight? Really? Fight for what? Fight for whom? I would hope that there is no fighting from the pilot group going on. If there is, then they are getting their asses kicked.

Bottom line is this. Pilots from the middle of the pack up are not seeing very many of the problems whined about on this thread. They make decent (not standard) money. They work decent schedules. They very seldom if ever pay imputed taxes. In short they stay because their life is not at all the life of the pilots below the middle.

The problem for the pilots is that it will be a long time before the industry gets back to the point where pilots in the bottom half are again free to leave due to a pilot shortage. However, this is not all bad news for the pilots in the top half. By the time the industry returns to where it was pre-Covid, the Amazon thing may be decided. There will be a clearer path for the pilots to see without the specter of sale or breakup in the mix. Atlas will need pilots to fly the planes. There will be no pilots unless they offer compensation. Atlas will see that it will be a favorable ROI and do it. Unless the pilots sign another long term contract.....

So, potential new hires. Go to Atlas as a stepping stone. Great people to fly with. Nice aircraft, and good destinations once you learn how to work the system a bit. Weigh that against all of the problems portrayed above. They are real problems and you will be dealing with them.

Dude. Seriously.. how would you know.. you didn’t work there. **** and be retired already! Also the pilot shortage is/will be back much sooner than you think. Early outs at most of the majors means I would be willing to bet a few pay checks that you will start seeing new hire Classes at the big 3 before the end of the year in order to be properly staffed for summer 2022.