Notices
Mesa Airlines Regional Airline

Training and hotels

Old 03-05-2019, 08:10 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2018

Originally Posted by terks43 View Post
LFT, what a *******hole.
That's my home town. What hotel do they put y'all up in?
Old 03-05-2019, 09:13 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2017

Originally Posted by Flyboy68 View Post
That's my home town. What hotel do they put y'all up in?
The Wyndham Garden on Pinhook. Just an aging hotel in bad need of a renovation.
Old 03-05-2019, 10:22 PM
Living the Dream

Joined APC: Sep 2013

Originally Posted by backtoregionals View Post
That’s another issue is our lazy crews won’t get on API and report stuff. The FAs don’t mind sending pictures around on Facebook, but they won’t take 5 minutes to report it on API. I’m getting tired of hearing FOs griping and then tell me they didn’t bother reporting it. I tell them to report it or you have no right to complain.
The company is 100% complacent in allowing substandard lodging for crews, but that unfortunately means the onus is on us to step up and say as much. Unfortunately, not many people take the three minutes on the van ride to work to report the bed bug, cockroach, or fatigue-inducing situation to API.
Old 03-15-2019, 08:32 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2018

Originally Posted by terks43 View Post
The Wyndham Garden on Pinhook. Just an aging hotel in bad need of a renovation.
Yeah, can't remember what chain owned it before, but years ago the nightclub downstairs (Scandals) used to be a great place. lol
Old 04-03-2019, 03:15 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: May 2018

I was at MCO and overheard 2 JetBlue flight attendants talking about their time at MESA. They talked to me for a few minutes and told me everyone they worked with, pilot group and management was easy to deal with. They also said except for a few stations hotels were excellent , especially on the routes out of IAH and overnights in Mexico. They both said they had no complaints except the money, but they knew that going in.

So my question is...whats the big deal?!
Old 04-03-2019, 03:27 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2016

Originally Posted by aero0729 View Post
I was at MCO and overheard 2 JetBlue flight attendants talking about their time at MESA. They talked to me for a few minutes and told me everyone they worked with, pilot group and management was easy to deal with. They also said except for a few stations hotels were excellent , especially on the routes out of IAH and overnights in Mexico. They both said they had no complaints except the money, but they knew that going in.

No, our hotels are NOT excellent. It’s mostly dumpy hotels in bad areas. Mexico hotels are however the nicer ones in our system. We have a couple of Courtyard hotels in the US, and one Sheraton. We have a few Baymont hotels. I’d say at 50% of our hotels no other airlines stay there....
Old 04-03-2019, 04:20 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2013

Our hotels have to be some of the worst in the regionals. We stay in Baymonts clarions and Howard Johnson’s but mostly Choice hotels Laquita’s Sleep inns etc. staying at these dumps brings your moral down I’ve turned down overtime because the hotel was so bad.
Old 04-03-2019, 07:04 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2017

Originally Posted by aero0729 View Post

You mean Mesa? There’s no such company as MESA. It’s not an acronym. You don’t say SKYWEST do you?
Old 04-03-2019, 09:42 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2017
Position: CRJ9 CA

Originally Posted by backtoregionals View Post
No, our hotels are NOT excellent. It’s mostly dumpy hotels in bad areas. Mexico hotels are however the nicer ones in our system. We have a couple of Courtyard hotels in the US, and one Sheraton. We have a few Baymont hotels. I’d say at 50% of our hotels no other airlines stay there....
Is that the UA side?
Old 04-04-2019, 04:37 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2016

Originally Posted by pangolin View Post
Is that the UA side?
Yep. It’s embarrassing getting on a van to a Baymont and every other crew is getting on a Hilton or Marriott property van