Notices
ExpressJet Regional Airline

Expressjet future questions

Old 02-11-2019, 08:51 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2005

Originally Posted by Blackhawk View Post
LASA side ran a few DECs in the EMB-120. They also had a number of FOs who met the upgrade minimums get “displaced” into the left seat right after IOE.
Ok. I was talking about LXJT.
The XJT Alpa contract states: "If no pilot bids on a vacancy, the Company will assign the most
junior pilot who is eligible to fill that position. Pilots are eligible if they meet
the FAR minimum requirements."
I'm pretty sure that anyone who finishes IOE here meets the FAR minimums. Thus, all FOs are eligible for upgrade and will be assigned the vacancy if no one else bids for it. Of course, this is untested at LXJT and it will be interesting to see what happens if we have a CA vacancy that has no bidders. I believe the line pilots here will expect the contract to be followed BUT who knows, we have an evolving pilot culture now since the ISL.
So, there may be some FOs upgraded right out of training but no DECs.

Last edited by Southern Fried; 02-11-2019 at 09:13 AM.
Old 02-11-2019, 08:58 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2005

Originally Posted by PontiusPilot View Post
For captains. Will be pretty junior for FOs soon.
Junior FO on the ER7 is a Feb 2015 hire. 250 FOs junior to him and counting. I was talking about DECs...
Old 02-11-2019, 10:13 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2017

Originally Posted by Southern Fried View Post
Junior FO on the ER7 is a Feb 2015 hire. 250 FOs junior to him and counting. I was talking about DECs...
Yeah, I agree on a pure DEC program. I really was talking the nearly equivalent program that Envoy, Mesa, and PSA have. You are hired as an FO and finish IOE, and then go back into the next upgrade class if you have the 1000 121 hours.

At Envoy and PSA, they have the same contract clause as Xjet and they force FO’s to upgrade to CA’s if the upgrade class is not filled. Envoy and PSA call it a DEC program even though you still have to go through the FO step.
Old 02-11-2019, 01:57 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2017

Originally Posted by calmwinds View Post
Yeah, I agree on a pure DEC program. I really was talking the nearly equivalent program that Envoy, Mesa, and PSA have. You are hired as an FO and finish IOE, and then go back into the next upgrade class if you have the 1000 121 hours.

At Envoy and PSA, they have the same contract clause as Xjet and they force FO’s to upgrade to CA’s if the upgrade class is not filled. Envoy and PSA call it a DEC program even though you still have to go through the FO step.
This is no longer true. DEC at Envoy bid for CA spot day one of INDOC and go straight into CA training. No FO stuff. Been that way for almost a year now.