Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Airline Pilot Forums > Regional > Retired Regionals > ExpressJet
ExpressJet - HR / Probation / Home Loan >

ExpressJet - HR / Probation / Home Loan

Search
Notices
ExpressJet Regional Airline

ExpressJet - HR / Probation / Home Loan

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2019, 02:13 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Feb 2019
Default ExpressJet - HR / Probation / Home Loan

Hey all, I’ve been trying to get a hold of someone in HR to ask this but no one is answering. Here’s the deal: My wife and I are about to buy a house and I got hired by ExpressJet and begin ground school in March. Our lender is going to send a form to ExpressJet HR that will ask if employment is probationary. Is the first year probationary? And has anyone else been in this boat before? Getting hired and buying a house with a closing before training is complete? Starting to worry now.

Thanks!
Old 03-01-2019, 02:33 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2019

Originally Posted by KckTrsLtFrs View Post
Hey all, I’ve been trying to get a hold of someone in HR to ask this but no one is answering. Here’s the deal: My wife and I are about to buy a house and I got hired by ExpressJet and begin ground school in March. Our lender is going to send a form to ExpressJet HR that will ask if employment is probationary. Is the first year probationary? And has anyone else been in this boat before? Getting hired and buying a house with a closing before training is complete? Starting to worry now.

Thanks!
Yes, year one is probationary. Your lender may/ may not care about that depending on your wife’s income or your total income to debt ratio. There is allot of factors that go into it.
Old 03-01-2019, 02:36 PM
Part of the problem

Joined APC: Jul 2013
Position: CRJ200 CA

Originally Posted by KckTrsLtFrs View Post

Thanks!
My advice, hold off on the house. XJT's future is not exactly solid. I would take the job and wait a bit for the house.
Old 03-01-2019, 03:06 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: It's a plane and it's a seat

Originally Posted by Flogger View Post
My advice, hold off on the house. XJT's future is not exactly solid. I would take the job and wait a bit for the house.

Wow, are you in mgmt? I don’t think so.
Old 03-01-2019, 06:19 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2016

Interesting. I purchased a place during my first year at the company and don't recall the mortgage people ever asking if the employment was probationary.