Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Worldwide Jet Charter, Stay Away

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2019, 08:26 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2008

Originally Posted by captfred View Post
I also did a phone interview with Charley. It was around 11 months ago. 2 year training contract, they keep all hotel points, 12/6 sked for Lear 60 FO.

After 15 minutes I wished Charley best of luck and terminated his call.
Yea things are different now. It’s not 12/6 schedule, also keep hotel points amongs other things.
Old 03-14-2019, 08:50 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2019

I talked to him last week. The job ad said no relocation required. He told me I would have to be at teterboro for two years. I more than meet the minimums. It’s blatant false advertising and I’m not the only person to have this experience as you can see
Old 03-14-2019, 09:09 AM
Gets Weekends Off

I replied just because I happen to be on here and saw your post. I’m not management and don’t care either way. I’m just telling you from someone that’s actually in the company recently, what I’ve seen is only positive. In fact I was in class with a street CA who was home based and makes as advertised. Maybe you really don’t meet internal company mins who knows. I know Charlie sounds like he’s 100 years old and can go into tangents but he’s a good guy and they trust him. As far as other guys commenting here, it’s clear at least one has outdated info. I tried to update the info on the APC profile but changing the info through the mods was very difficult as they needed more personal info than applying for nasa. Pm me for details.
Old 03-14-2019, 12:40 PM
Line Holder

https://www.climbto350.com/job_searc...10&action=next

That’s the link for the job. I exceed every minimum requirement. The job says no relocation required. Charlie told me I have to LIVE in teterboro for two years. It is BLATANT false advertising. I’m not sure why anyone thinks I’m making this up. What would I be hoping to gain from this?
Old 03-14-2019, 12:40 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2011
Position: Corporate Jet Captain

Originally Posted by Purpleanga View Post
When did you apply? Because I can tell you everyone is home based.
I applied 3 weeks ago and did a interview over the phone with Charlie Hunter about 10 days ago. He was a actually a very nice guy and I enjoyed speaking with him. He made it clear even though the ad says home based I would have to move to Teterboro for the job. He said having pilots in the Pacific Time zone screws up the operation. I simply told him I cannot move and take a $80K year pay cut. I meet all the qualifications to be a PIC and that was what the ad was for but he said I would be a FO for at least 1-2 years????
Old 03-14-2019, 12:47 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by OnTheRun View Post
I applied 3 weeks ago and did a interview over the phone with Charlie Hunter about 10 days ago. He was a actually a very nice guy and I enjoyed speaking with him. He made it clear even though the ad says home based I would have to move to Teterboro for the job. He said having pilots in the Pacific Time zone screws up the operation. I simply told him I cannot move and take a $80K year pay cut. I meet all the qualifications to be a PIC and that was what the ad was for but he said I would be a FO for at least 1-2 years????
Ok yea then it must have been a recent change. But it’s strange because everyone I know is home based.
Old 03-17-2019, 12:50 PM
Line holder

Joined APC: Nov 2013
Position: On the bus,seat 0A

Originally Posted by Purpleanga View Post
This is obviously a troll. None of what he says makes any sense. Ive heard it used to be worse but they’re changing that since guys were leaving. Everyone now is home based. Charlie Hunter is a good guy, nothing but respectful. Everything so far has been as advertised. Friendly professional workers and pay is always on time. They spare no expense to keep your on the road quality of life great. Maintenance seems good. Just like anywhere else it’s not perfect, wish they had 7 on 7off and intial pay is ok but not great. But other than that it’s a place you can hang your hat for a while.
Hi Charles H.
Old 03-17-2019, 01:56 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: Retired for now

Caveat emptor
Old 03-18-2019, 10:04 AM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by symbian simian View Post
Hi Charles H.
LOL!!!!! Well played.
Old 03-18-2019, 05:23 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2014
Position: Pt.135

World Wide has an ad out for typed G4 pilots home based 15/13. I guess you must have the type due to the turn over they would experience.