Notices
Cargo Part 121 cargo airlines

Amazon 737 Freighters

Old 03-29-2019, 03:10 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2009

Originally Posted by Groundpointfife View Post
ATI?

Name me one ACMI carrier that has an industry standard contract- I mean comparable to the big 3, FedEx etc. Even when you throw in gateway/home basing its still not enough compensation to be equal.

Personally I'd say anything below that is concessionary.
Nailed it!
Old 03-29-2019, 04:15 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2009

Originally Posted by WhipWhitaker View Post
Who do you expect to take the concessions?
No one. I’m saying that this shenanigans is exactly like RJ flying.
Old 03-29-2019, 05:02 PM
Just Plane Stupid

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: Captain

Originally Posted by 4runner View Post
It’s almost like a regional whipsaw circa till a few years ago.
A few yours ago? That’s been going on for 30 years.
Old 03-29-2019, 05:10 PM
Just Plane Stupid

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: Captain

ATI?

Name me one ACMI carrier that has an industry standard contract- I mean comparable to the big 3, FedEx etc. Even when you throw in gateway/home basing its still not enough compensation to be equal.

Name one ACMI carrier that has the seniority numbers to leverage a company for those great big 3 contracts?

And name one of those big 3 that will also support that poor little ACMI with a symphony strike.

Kings, Lords, Commoners, and Peasants we are.

Lord HeavyDriver
Old 03-29-2019, 08:15 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2017

Originally Posted by 4runner View Post
No one. I’m saying that this shenanigans is exactly like RJ flying.
I agree, I thought you were taking a shot at southern guys, my bad.
Old 03-29-2019, 09:04 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2012

Originally Posted by HeavyDriver View Post
Name one ACMI carrier that has the seniority numbers to leverage a company for those great big 3 contracts?

And name one of those big 3 that will also support that poor little ACMI with asymphony strike.

Kings, Lords, Commoners, and Peasants we are.

Lord HeavyDriver
Would that be Mahler's 6th? (Nicknamed "Tragic")
Old 03-29-2019, 09:25 PM
Banned

Joined APC: Apr 2018
Default .......

Originally Posted by Birdsmash View Post
Plus, you will probably get to fly with street captains if you don’t meet the PIC requirements . The last upgrade went to a pilot with 5 1/2 months on property. 😱.

A street hire captain will make approximately $1600 x 3 months training pay and then $116.98 x 50 hour first year guarantee That’s a little over $57k in the first year (not including the little bit of perdiem you might be able to pocket).

Thanks for the info

I wouldn’t/won’t give it a second thought—and I’m typed in the 73.

Tbnt
Old 03-30-2019, 04:42 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: retired

ATI?

Your 100% right the trouble is when you don’t own your own content you lose lots of leverage. The company issuing the contract can just move said contract to someone else and will. Getting good leverage/ pressure on the DHL and Amazon types is the answer. The Delta FedEx contracts aren’t because the corporations are nice guys , if they could get away with paying pilots 50% less they would.
Old 03-30-2019, 10:30 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Feb 2017

Originally Posted by filejw View Post
Your 100% right the trouble is when you don’t own your own content you lose lots of leverage. The company issuing the contract can just move said contract to someone else and will. Getting good leverage/ pressure on the DHL and Amazon types is the answer. The Delta FedEx contracts aren’t because the corporations are nice guys , if they could get away with paying pilots 50% less they would.
The LCC's own their own content but don't have the contracts of the big three. Much more to it. Look at the costs to operate each flight, what percentage of it goes to the pilots? A tiny percent. I dare say that the LCC's could pay way more, and the big five could easily get away with paying much less.
So what really drives it?
Old 03-30-2019, 01:33 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2018

Originally Posted by No Land 3 View Post
The LCC's own their own content but don't have the contracts of the big three. Much more to it. Look at the costs to operate each flight, what percentage of it goes to the pilots? A tiny percent. I dare say that the LCC's could pay way more, and the big five could easily get away with paying much less.
So what really drives it?

I'll tell you, its the PILOTS, it is not rocket science. As long as pilots vote to pass these dumb CBA's and accept a low sub standard wage, no benefits, lack of retirement, crappy work rules, the pilot group ALWAYS loses. Mean while management is banking nice bonus checks monthly on our efforts. Line pilots need to draw a hard line in the sand and stick together and don't budge, then and only then will ACMI carriers start to come into their own. In the mean time Amazon, DHL, ATSG, Atlas and other companies are laughing all the way to the bank........suckers