Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2016

Originally Posted by rapedape View Post
So is Chicago a new destination for C5?
You guys doing IAD-ORD now?
Old 04-16-2019, 03:19 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2008

ORD is not in our bid packet for May as a normal route, but I have seen us do ORD as we pick up stuff from other carriers when they need help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 04-16-2019, 07:44 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2017

LGA too? I’ve been hearing commutair clogging up the clearance frequency since you don’t have PDC.
Old 04-17-2019, 01:24 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2017

Originally Posted by KelvinHelmholtz View Post
LGA too? I’ve been hearing commutair clogging up the clearance frequency since you don’t have PDC.
Am I the only one who sees irony in this statement? Why would you care unless you worked for another carrier lacking PDC and thus needed a verbal? Pot, meet kettle.

In any case, you don't need to worry as PDC was approved at C5 two days ago. Some people have been flying so much we haven't had time to read the memo, but I'd say within a week we won't be "clogging" the frequency anymore.
Old 04-17-2019, 01:25 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2016

Originally Posted by njd1 View Post
Am I the only one who sees irony in this statement? Why would you care unless you worked for another carrier lacking PDC and thus needed a verbal? Pot, meet kettle.

In any case, you don't need to worry as PDC was approved at C5 two days ago. Some people have been flying so much we haven't had time to read the memo, but I'd say within a week we won't be "clogging" the frequency anymore.
Lga requires you call clearance with squak, climbout and ATIS code
Old 04-17-2019, 04:46 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2016

Yep, everyone is correct. We were the a-holes hogging the clearance frequency up until a couple days ago. Our feds finally got around to approving our temporary revision giving us authorization to use PDC. It's down to Mesa as the only carrier that I'm aware of that doesn't use PDC.
Old 04-17-2019, 07:05 PM
Porco Rosso

Joined APC: Apr 2018

Originally Posted by njd1 View Post

Instead, you might be clogging ground while they remind you that you haven't called clearance yet. Please don't be those peeps. Thanks!
Old 04-17-2019, 08:56 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2013

Originally Posted by dead meat View Post
Yep, everyone is correct. We were the a-holes hogging the clearance frequency up until a couple days ago. Our feds finally got around to approving our temporary revision giving us authorization to use PDC. It's down to Mesa as the only carrier that I'm aware of that doesn't use PDC.
Is it really just us. I rather have DAtis over PDC. Doesn't look like we are getting either at MAG
Old 04-18-2019, 07:27 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2016

Originally Posted by NovemberBravo View Post
Is it really just us. I rather have DAtis over PDC. Doesn't look like we are getting either at MAG
I agree. D-ATIS is a huge aid to situational awareness vs having to wait until you can pick up the ATIS frequency. PDC is a bonus because we don't have to wait in line to pick up our clearance in IAD anymore.