Notices
Cargo Part 121 cargo airlines

Currently flying in China

Old 04-20-2019, 03:50 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: May 2018
Default I just made the move after 6 year in China

Mercenario;

Like everyone else here say look at the pro and con. I was in China flying wide body for almost 6 year and the past 1.5 year the aviation industry have change a lot and I was looking to fly past 60 and made the move to Kalitta. I am super happy and the pay is only about 50% less than 21k i was making if i make overtime. Time off is great similar or better than china I have an 11 days off plus 27 days off between vacation and sick days not is 14 days off at home plus vacations and sick time. Please at Kalitta are super friendly and everyone seeing happy.

Good Luck!!!!!
Old 04-20-2019, 05:57 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Feb 2018

Originally Posted by flightforfood View Post
Mercenario;

Like everyone else here say look at the pro and con. I was in China flying wide body for almost 6 year and the past 1.5 year the aviation industry have change a lot and I was looking to fly past 60 and made the move to Kalitta. I am super happy and the pay is only about 50% less than 21k i was making if i make overtime. Time off is great similar or better than china I have an 11 days off plus 27 days off between vacation and sick days not is 14 days off at home plus vacations and sick time. Please at Kalitta are super friendly and everyone seeing happy.

Good Luck!!!!!
Thank you very much for your advice. I will really look in to Kalitta. You know how is China and I am trying to do the same to extent my flying career to 65 and the only way is to go back to USA. I make really good money here buy NO job stability and secure. No protections! Also you know life is miserable here, only work and work!
Old 04-20-2019, 06:12 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008

I'm just curious... if you are making 300K a year tax free, why would you want to go all the way to 65? I'd retire and enjoy life, but that's just me. To each his own I guess.
Old 04-20-2019, 02:31 PM
On Reserve

Originally Posted by sandstorm View Post
I'm just curious... if you are making 300K a year tax free, why would you want to go all the way to 65? I'd retire and enjoy life, but that's just me. To each his own I guess.

Sandstorm; There is not really tax free in China unless you get a Tax certificate with your earnings and what the company pay for your in taxes. A blank document with the statement that your taxes were paid by xyxc airlines is worthless in the eyes of the IRS and for does that do not pay taxes from China and are US citizens or resident are playing with a big time bomb. the 300k a year will not be enough to pay the back taxes, interest and penalties from the IRS.
Old 04-20-2019, 08:57 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Feb 2018

Originally Posted by flightforfood View Post
Sandstorm; There is not really tax free in China unless you get a Tax certificate with your earnings and what the company pay for your in taxes. A blank document with the statement that your taxes were paid by xyxc airlines is worthless in the eyes of the IRS and for does that do not pay taxes from China and are US citizens or resident are playing with a big time bomb. the 300k a year will not be enough to pay the back taxes, interest and penalties from the IRS.
We do get a tax certificate from China TAX office with the stamp and everything, not from the company. The company pays our taxes and we do have an ITN number here in China and that’s the one we use to get our Tax certificate at the China Tax office. Everything is legal. I have an account guy that does my taxes in the USA since day 1 in China and I have never had any problems.
Old 04-21-2019, 02:18 AM
On Reserve

Originally Posted by Mercenario View Post
We do get a tax certificate from China TAX office with the stamp and everything, not from the company. The company pays our taxes and we do have an ITN number here in China and that’s the one we use to get our Tax certificate at the China Tax office. Everything is legal. I have an account guy that does my taxes in the USA since day 1 in China and I have never had any problems.

Very good for you. I was in China for 6 years in 2 companies and both were the same gave us a company document with no official stamp, so I had to pay taxes in usa to keep it legal and avoid issue. I made good money, yet the past 1.5 year have being crazy since the two incidents first the one in Manila and them in Macau, So I said to myself it is time to move on.
Old 04-21-2019, 05:52 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Feb 2017

I do not like China, renewing my Chinese visa hasn't been an utmost priority. I agree with the op, hopefully he banked all that money, coming back to normalcy for far less pay makes sense, especially considering he can extend his career and has time to show recent history in the USA. Pretty sure Spirit or Frontier would pick him up too.
Old 04-21-2019, 07:10 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2017
Position: B767

I just turned 30 and have been on the left seat of a 737 for a 121 sup for year. Thinking about applying to China, would this be a good move? I'm not married.
Why not a legacy? I don't have a 4 year degree and it's coming slow, figured I can go there for 3 years and make some bank, as a previous regional guy I know I'm missing on a big hiring wave at a legacy right now.
Old 04-21-2019, 07:56 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2005

Legacy carriers normally want expats to spend time at a US carrier before they will interview them.
Old 04-21-2019, 09:50 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2017
Position: B767

Originally Posted by Blackhawk View Post
Legacy carriers normally want expats to spend time at a US carrier before they will interview them.
Even with previous 7 years of US 121 flying?