Search
Notices

New Hire ALPA Grievance

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2019, 07:23 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2014

Originally Posted by PurpleToolBox View Post
Boy you stepped in it. Your disdain for the 55-year old military retiree is noted.

I'm sure that military retiree had it so easy during his career. How dare he get an airplane the 24-year old didn't!! I mean, your friend "bust his butt" as an intern! Can you imagine the papercuts!!! Oh the horror.

For two long years of his 41 year career your friend who "worked hard" has to sit in a disadvantaged position while that military pilot who hasn't done anything in his life gets to move on ahead of him! Oh the nerve of that guy!!!

No, this is not a form of age discrimination. Two years out of your friend's forty-one year career who "worked hard" is a lot less than two years out of the military retiree's ten year career. Who is screwed more?

You need to check yourself. If you had the nerve to publicly post this on a website where you aren't private hiding behind your computer, you're most likely to express this opinion while at work -- and trust me that's not going to work out well for you.

I can't believe you compared a 24-year old intern to a 55-year old military pilot retiree.

I think you're mischaracterizing my statement. I have no disdain for either of them and call them both friends. I was simply using an illustration to show the opposite ends of the spectrum. I can see how it was misinterpreted though. It's just funny how quickly members like you on APC are spring loaded to launch a civilian vs mil debate, even with mil pilots!
Old 05-14-2019, 04:53 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2013

Originally Posted by rvfanatic View Post
I think you're mischaracterizing my statement. I have no disdain for either of them and call them both friends. I was simply using an illustration to show the opposite ends of the spectrum. I can see how it was misinterpreted though. It's just funny how quickly members like you on APC are spring loaded to launch a civilian vs mil debate, even with mil pilots!
No sir, you were the one who started the hard working civilian versus military retiree. I’m glad you admit how your words were of poor choice.

If you only knew how I felt about military only guys who are hired here (their experience and type flown) you would know how laughable your comment is.

Regardless, this grievance is total bs.
Old 05-16-2019, 06:59 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2007

Originally Posted by PurpleToolBox View Post
No sir, you were the one who started the hard working civilian versus military retiree. I’m glad you admit how your words were of poor choice.

If you only knew how I felt about military only guys who are hired here (their experience and type flown) you would know how laughable your comment is
......and your point is?