Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Airline Pilot Forums > Major > American
Any JetBlue, Frontier, or Spirit new hires ? >

Any JetBlue, Frontier, or Spirit new hires ?

Notices

Any JetBlue, Frontier, or Spirit new hires ?

Old 06-06-2019, 05:53 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2017
Position: Captain
Default Any JetBlue, Frontier, or Spirit new hires ?

Hello

Regarding recent hiring, aka 2016 to present...

Reading the various stats that are out there, it seems AA is basically hiring "flow thrus" OR military dudes/AA regional pilots as "street hires"

So basically, a military dude, or a regional Pilot already in the AA system.

With that said, does AA hire any Frontier, JetBlue, or Spirit dudes ? Skywest, other non-AA regional partners ?

Thank you
Old 06-06-2019, 06:09 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2011
Position: CA

Originally Posted by BarrySeal View Post
Hello

Regarding recent hiring, aka 2016 to present...

Reading the various stats that are out there, it seems AA is basically hiring "flow thrus" OR military dudes/AA regional pilots as "street hires"

So basically, a military dude, or a regional Pilot already in the AA system.

With that said, does AA hire any Frontier, JetBlue, or Spirit dudes ? Skywest, other non-AA regional partners ?

Thank you

Yes! Why yes they do!
Old 06-06-2019, 06:30 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2013

Yes. One street hire from my new hire class came from Spirit, and another from a non-wholly-owned regional (that doesn't just fly routes for AA).
Old 06-07-2019, 06:28 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2010

Yes. Delta, JetBlue, non-AA regional, corporate backgrounds in interview group/indoc class. Probably more that I’m not aware of.
Old 06-07-2019, 11:24 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Nov 2014

Originally Posted by griff312 View Post
Yes. One street hire from my new hire class came from Spirit, and another from a non-wholly-owned regional (that doesn't just fly routes for AA).
There was two Skywest dudes btw
Old 06-07-2019, 12:00 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2014

Originally Posted by griff312 View Post
Are interviewees given the CJO on the last day of interview as a whole, or do some get that and others notified at a later date? Thanks.
Old 06-07-2019, 02:41 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2007
Position: I pilot

Originally Posted by Heavy Hive View Post
Are interviewees given the CJO on the last day of interview as a whole, or do some get that and others notified at a later date? Thanks.
They give as many CJO’s As possible on day 2. Some receive them at a later date and some won’t receive a CJO.
Old 06-09-2019, 08:04 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2019

Originally Posted by thrust View Post
Yes. Delta, JetBlue, non-AA regional, corporate backgrounds in interview group/indoc class.
What kind of idiot would leave Delta to come over here? For that matter, we're rapidly getting to the point where you have to ask what kind of idiot would leave JetBlue to come over here?
Old 06-09-2019, 12:53 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2010

Originally Posted by GhettoJet View Post
What kind of idiot would leave Delta to come over here? For that matter, we're rapidly getting to the point where you have to ask what kind of idiot would leave JetBlue to come over here?
Wanted to live in an AA hub and not commute. 5000+ hired ahead at DAL since 2013, tail end of the wave. DAL has drastically reduced their hiring over the past few years.

To each their own.
Old 06-09-2019, 03:20 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2014

Originally Posted by GhettoJet View Post
Operationally JetBlue is hurting and has been for the past couple years. Delta has made major inroads in Boston and Kennedy and Orlando yields are trash industry wide. Back when Spirit was in the $2.5b range last year(?) I actually fully expected JetBlue to make an offer and transition to the Spirit ULCC model. But I guess they spent their money on potato farms.

I actually really like JetBlue and their product (WiFi, tv) but their company has been run on razor thin margins to where any hiccup causes massive disruptions that last sometimes for days.

I know our operational folks are cancel happy but at least we can reboot fairly fast.