Notices

Southern Air CBA

Old 06-16-2019, 12:58 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2016
Default Southern Air CBA

So- take a look at the Southern Air prolife on APC. You can see mgmt has copied and pasted recent court ruling.

Exec mgmt is desperate for you to believe a higher CBA is on the way.

Let me tell you the facts. This is the same mgmt that told me nearly 4 years ago the UPS CBA was right around the corner and I got in on the ground floor.

I, like my co workers are all out- most have class dates at other airlines.

I’ve never been apart of, or witnessed such a dirty, hostile airline management group. The moral is absolutely at its worst, sick calls and FTG calls are at record levels. It has absolutely infected this pilot group like the plague.

I fear this group is so distracted and afraid of being disciplined- another horrible accident is on the horizon.

I truly believe based on the insane schedules, rushed training, and type of flying, it’s just a matter of time before we see something again.

It’s truly sad, and disgusting to see first hand, and I have no desire to be apart of this environment mgmt has created.

If I would of stayed at my regional I’d be flowing shortly. Worst career mistake for me.

Best of luck in your decisions, but coming here is a career killer and time waster.
Old 06-16-2019, 04:50 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2019

The email dump stuff in my mailbox is annoying and makes the management team seem like petulant children. Sound like romper room over there. I had no specific opinion but now I hate Southern Atlas management. They really trying to do a public version of Pee Wee Herman's 'I know you are but what am I' routine? What a bunch of unprofessional clowns.

I wish the best to all the pilots.
Old 06-16-2019, 05:36 AM
Gets Weekends Off

62 hours is the min pay for the 737. Currently southern is operating 3 jets - flying to roughly 4 cities.

Based on how the 767 was rolled out for Amazon.

It will take them about 2-3 years to get all 737’s on property.

The only way to break 62 hours is to work after day 18. Those trips are assigned in seniority order.

After 17 days of flying all nighters, and sleeping at the Hyatt Place eating powdered eggs, and Seattle’s 2nd best coffee- you want to get the hell away from the CVG hub.

I assure you, you won’t be working any OT.

For more insight. Check out the @giantcomms twitter feed.
Old 06-16-2019, 05:42 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: Corporate

Email from APC......

Good news for Southern Air.
???Great news for Southern Air pilots.
June 13, 2019 - Union Ordered to Promptly Participate in Merger Process for New Joint Collective Bargaining Agreement
Positive Step Toward Company's Goal of Increasing Pilot Pay as Soon as Possible
PURCHASE, N.Y. - Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings, Inc. (Nasdaq: AAWW) today confirmed that its subsidiary, Southern Air, Inc., has prevailed in an important arbitration against the union that represents Southern Air's pilots, the Airline Professionals Association, Teamsters Local 1224.
The June 12, 2019, arbitration decision orders the union to promptly proceed with contractually required negotiations for a new joint collective bargaining agreement (JCBA) in connection with the merger of Southern Air and Atlas Air, Inc. While union leaders have extensively said publicly that the company has delayed negotiations, the decision states that:
"We can conclude with some certainty, however, that there has been a delay inspired by the Union's misapprehension of the contractual requirements and that they must now respond vigorously to the Company's request to proceed."
This is a positive step in the company's goal of completing a new JCBA that increases pay for Southern Air and Atlas Air pilots as soon as possible.
"Had the union leaders honored their contractual commitments when we announced the merger back in 2016, Southern Air and Atlas Air pilots would have already had their new contract - and a pay increase - by now," said Atlas Air Worldwide President and Chief Executive Officer William J. Flynn. "We hope the union will agree that it is time to end unnecessary delays and make progress for our pilots.
"We value the dedication of our crews, and we look forward to further recognize their significant contributions to the development and growth of our business. We are committed to working with the union for a JCBA that enhances overall pay and benefits for our more than 2,000 Southern Air and Atlas Air pilots."
For more information about the arbitration decision, the contract negotiations process and future updates, please visit AtlasAir5YPilots.com and follow Air5Y on Twitter.

This email was sent by: Airline Pilot Central
909 N Sepulveda Blvd El Segundo, CA, 90245, USA
Old 06-16-2019, 05:50 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Ever wonder why Delta, Fed, UPS and nearly all other airlines don’t do this.

MGMT is so desperate for pilots, and so desperate to not raise pay- they have resorted to these desperate emails.

Ask yourself why ?

Listen your welcome to apply, show up in Miami, spend 90 days in training,

Complete OE.

Then bid a line, and say wait. I’m only getting 62 hours ? That’s right. Boys at Mesa Airlines are getting 75 and they get some super chill flight attendant, asking you what are you doing tonight.

CVG- You get Rhonda the load master in her Brown Dickies.
Old 06-16-2019, 06:06 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2017
Position: 777 Left window seat

It was like pulling teeth just trying to get Atlas management to agree to pay parity for the Southern pilots. The Southern pilots asked for this starting 3 years ago and up until June 1, 2019 did not have full parity with their Atlas brethren. Now Atlas management spins it like it was their idea and they were happy to provide this. This battle is far, far from over for anyone thinking it will be resolved soon.

If you are thinking of applying here re-read boeingdvr’s first post in this thread. History usually repeats.
Old 06-16-2019, 06:24 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2014
Position: Semi-Retired...

This is them trying to placate Amazon that it’s the pilots, not them.
Old 06-16-2019, 06:24 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jun 2019

boeingdvr, why do so many of your posts involve immature, offensive comments about sleeping around+women? You're like a pathetic college student. Believe it or not, having a healthy, supportive, loving relationship will always be better than the trash you talk about. Or being single and living a fulfilling life pursuing hobbies and working on self growth will always be better than the trash you talk about.
Grow up and stop filling the forums with garbage. There's nothing "cool" about a life that consists of paying for happy endings and empty hookups because you're bored and want companionship. It's trashy and disgusting.
Old 06-16-2019, 06:35 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2019

Boeingdrvr seems to have ****ed off a snowflake.
Old 06-16-2019, 06:46 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by mongoflightbook View Post
boeingdvr, why do so many of your posts involve immature, offensive comments about sleeping around+women? You're like a pathetic college student. Believe it or not, having a healthy, supportive, loving relationship will always be better than the trash you talk about. Or being single and living a fulfilling life pursuing hobbies and working on self growth will always be better than the trash you talk about.
Grow up and stop filling the forums with garbage. There's nothing "cool" about a life that consists of paying for happy endings and empty hookups because you're bored and want companionship. It's trashy and disgusting.
Roger that my man. Just passing along what I hear from the old whale drivers.