Notices
Regional Regional Airlines

Mesaba new hires

Old 01-29-2011, 04:25 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jan 2011

hey guys,

I received a call from Mesaba's HR, asking if I was still interested for an interview. They're interviewin for Colgan Air. They're sending me to Eagan, Minnesota on the 7th of feb. Has anyone got a call from HR lately? Have anyone interviewed lately at Eagan, MN? This will be my first Airline interview, so I'm trying to gather as much info as possible. Thanks...
Old 01-29-2011, 08:59 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2006
Position: CA

Originally Posted by Flight047 View Post
hey guys,

I received a call from Mesaba's HR, asking if I was still interested for an interview. They're interviewin for Colgan Air. They're sending me to Eagan, Minnesota on the 7th of feb. Has anyone got a call from HR lately? Have anyone interviewed lately at Eagan, MN? This will be my first Airline interview, so I'm trying to gather as much info as possible. Thanks...
Mesaba's HR and hiring board are very laid back. Look over old gouges and prep yourself as much as you can.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:43 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2008
Position: Former XJ, Corporate HS-125
Default Furloughee Integeration?

Hey gang,

I passed on Colgan and Pinnacle when the opportunity came up for a number of personal reasons. It looks as though things may be taking a turn though. With SLI seeming inevitable at this point has anyone heard any facts (or rumors, I'm not picky) about what those of us who were f'ed can expect?

I am in a fairly secure non-aviation job now, but have started to get the itch to atleast consider coming back if/when the opportunity arises. (I may be able to swing my current job part time if I do come back to aviation) I know there are tons of people on the street that would give their first born for a job right now; so the last thing I want to do is come across sounding like a self absorbed jerk.

My bottom line is this...I have been laid off twice now, and can not afford a third time. I have a steady income, and plenty of debt to pay off. I would not want to spend another year? on reserve if I could avoid it as well. When I look past all the negatives the airline lifestyle brings (scheduling, QOL, nights away from family), I really enjoyed my time at Mesaba (good crews, Austin overnights, incredible view from the office).

There it is...any thoughts?
Old 02-08-2011, 09:51 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2009
Position: AN124 FE

So after the 18th will Mesaba be hiring not Colgan?
Old 02-08-2011, 09:57 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2011

Originally Posted by Fly782 View Post
So after the 18th will Mesaba be hiring not Colgan?
We will be one airline very soon. If youre hired into Colgan, then you will be placed on the Saab or Q and will go to a Colgan base initially. After the SLI shakes out and they run some sort of vacancy bid, you will then be able to bid all over the system, assuming there are no fences. Under the JCBA we are currently voting on, you can move throughout the system Pinnacle RJ FO to Mesaba FO to Mesaba Q FO. Of course there are seat locks and all that.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:05 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by v1valarob View Post
We will be one airline very soon. If youre hired into Colgan, then you will be placed on the Saab or Q and will go to a Colgan base initially. After the SLI shakes out and they run some sort of vacancy bid, you will then be able to bid all over the system, assuming there are no fences. Under the JCBA we are currently voting on, you can move throughout the system Pinnacle RJ FO to Mesaba FO to Mesaba Q FO. Of course there are seat locks and all that.
Well I am a former intern and am a little bit below mins so I was told we werent eligible for this round because its for colgan only and they are strict on the 1000/100. So I am finally hoping I can get in soon to interview, I am a big fan of how Mesaba operates and would love to fly there!
Old 02-09-2011, 09:23 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2008

Well I am a former intern and am a little bit below mins so I was told we werent eligible for this round because its for colgan only and they are strict on the 1000/100. So I am finally hoping I can get in soon to interview, I am a big fan of how Mesaba operates and would love to fly there!
Its not how Mesaba operates, its Pinnacle, Pinnacle, Pinnacle. They're the ones that own the certificate and they determine ultimately how we operate.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:35 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Luv2Rotate View Post
Its not how Mesaba operates, its Pinnacle, Pinnacle, Pinnacle. They're the ones that own the certificate and they determine ultimately how we operate.
Got it thanks
Old 02-09-2011, 09:54 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2008

Got it thanks
Sweet. One more thing, when in the interview and the captain asks "what makes a good FO?" your answer should be "clear right, you're right, and Ill take the fat one".
Old 02-10-2011, 05:19 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008

Originally Posted by Bartok View Post
So would throwing the XJ furloughs under the bus make you happy?

It still amazes me how crappy pilots can be toward one another.
Sometimes people are bitter when they get fired for stealing and the union doesn't back them up.