Notices
Fractional NetJets, FlexJet, etc

Planesense

Old 11-09-2016, 11:38 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2015

Had my interview in Daytona today. Everyone is incredibly nice. I know I messed up on a few questions, and sadly they were the extremely easy questions. But the mind works in mysterious ways when it's under pressure!

Hopefully those minor things get overlooked and the company will still give me the opportunity to show them what I can do in a real life setting. Best of luck to everyone who interviews today or tomorrow!
Old 11-09-2016, 01:47 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2016

Originally Posted by AlexBlakeCFI View Post
Had my interview in Daytona today. Everyone is incredibly nice. I know I messed up on a few questions, and sadly they were the extremely easy questions. But the mind works in mysterious ways when it's under pressure!

Hopefully those minor things get overlooked and the company will still give me the opportunity to show them what I can do in a real life setting. Best of luck to everyone who interviews today or tomorrow!
I was there too and I agree everyone was very nice. The sim check was in a Redbird (I had a desktop sim, others had the full motion). The tech interview was harder than the one I had at Republic but can't say it would be very difficult for any current CFI-I or someone who keeps up on the regs, etc.
Old 11-09-2016, 05:11 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2016

Originally Posted by CesssnaGuy View Post
I was there too and I agree everyone was very nice. The sim check was in a Redbird (I had a desktop sim, others had the full motion). The tech interview was harder than the one I had at Republic but can't say it would be very difficult for any current CFI-I or someone who keeps up on the regs, etc.
What class are they interviewing for now? February?
Old 11-10-2016, 05:44 AM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by underwing View Post
I was told January (as well as the months starting from there).
Old 11-10-2016, 07:31 AM
On Reserve

Anyone aware of any job/career fairs that Planesense might be attending in the next two to four months?
Old 11-10-2016, 10:31 AM
Line Holder

I also had the desktop sim! The interviewers iPad died on me during the approach! I was on the ILS and the screen went black and that was it! He told me he had the approach memorized and he just told me the minimums and what the missed approach was. Wasn't as bad as I expected at all, the Sim was a little wonky but I managed to stay on GS and Localizer without ever going full deflection.

Did you have a lot of questions? I felt like I really didn't get asked too many things. And of course the things I mess up on are the most simple. I feel foolish.

Originally Posted by underwing View Post
They're still saying January. Seems like theyre interviewing a LOT of people for that class.
Old 11-10-2016, 10:42 AM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by AlexBlakeCFI View Post
I also had the desktop sim! The interviewers iPad died on me during the approach! I was on the ILS and the screen went black and that was it! He told me he had the approach memorized and he just told me the minimums and what the missed approach was. Wasn't as bad as I expected at all, the Sim was a little wonky but I managed to stay on GS and Localizer without ever going full deflection.

Did you have a lot of questions? I felt like I really didn't get asked too many things. And of course the things I mess up on are the most simple. I feel foolish.

They're still saying January. Seems like theyre interviewing a LOT of people for that class.

Yes, his iPad "died" on me too (just went to sleep and I was already dialed in for the approach anyway). He got it going and then held it for the missed procedure for me.

I did have a lot of questions on the tech interview. ODP, talking through an arrival procedure, a VOR, an ILS and questions on the sectional. Nothing too hard but a lot more tech questions than the Republic interview.
Old 11-10-2016, 11:20 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2016
Default Interviews

they telling you guys you'll hear back Monday?

My buddy that interviewed said January class was already booked. Hoping that's the class I get into if I'm hired. January is still a long ways off.

Those that interviewed for FO position kind of I ask your ratings and hours?
Old 11-10-2016, 11:42 AM
Line Holder

Yes, his iPad "died" on me too (just went to sleep and I was already dialed in for the approach anyway). He got it going and then held it for the missed procedure for me.

I did have a lot of questions on the tech interview. ODP, talking through an arrival procedure, a VOR, an ILS and questions on the sectional. Nothing too hard but a lot more tech questions than the Republic interview.
No I dont think you understand, his battery actually died on me
It was at 10% when he handed it to me, and he said "Well it should be enough for one approach. Well, 5% warning came on, and then about 1000' above minimums it completely died. I guess I had the same questions. Didn't feel like a lot though, I guess it just went quick. I guess I was just expecting more. Seemed like most of it was just to see if you were paying attention and knew how to read the plates.

Originally Posted by Tpauly View Post
they telling you guys you'll hear back Monday?

My buddy that interviewed said January class was already booked. Hoping that's the class I get into if I'm hired. January is still a long ways off.

Those that interviewed for FO position kind of I ask your ratings and hours?
They said sometime between Monday and Wednesday. They wont be back into the office until Monday, and will either make the calls that day, or start them Monday and finish them by Wednesday. Sooner the better hopefully!

Im not sure if they exactly told me the January class date, but they said the next class isnt til after the first of the year, so I assumed that means the January 3rd class date.

This could also be based on the location you choose. I know someone who they called in to interview early (he was supposed to interview the same day as me) because they were looking to get him into a November 7th class or a December class.
Old 11-10-2016, 11:50 AM
Line Holder

Yes, I understood what you meant, when I was doing the sim ride I noticed the power was at 20%!

When I started I asked if I should get out my iPad and use Foreflight but he said we could use his. I assume they just wanted to see if we know Jepps...