Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

GTA Air

Old 06-28-2007, 12:51 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jun 2007
Default GTA Air

Just wondering if GTA Air was still in business? Are the owners still Doug and Bonnie? Still hangared in Addison? How many airplanes? What type of airplanes?

Thanks
Old 06-28-2007, 02:26 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2006
Position: Back in school.

I would like to know as well... interested in working for them... but want the scoop on 'em first if anyone has worked for them.
Old 06-29-2007, 02:43 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2007

Originally Posted by Boxdog View Post
Just wondering if GTA Air was still in business? Are the owners still Doug and Bonnie? Still hangared in Addison? How many airplanes? What type of airplanes?

Thanks
I would guess they are still in business. They seem to post pilot openings on climbto350.com alot. I think the ad mentioned Bonanzas, Barons, and Twin Cessna 400's
Old 06-29-2007, 06:17 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Yeah it would seem so but just because they are posting stuff doesn't mean that they are a decent or reputable company to work for. I just want to find out if it is worth the time and effort to look into them. I would assume that if they are advertising jobs on climbto350.com that they need people in a pretty bad way... that being said there has to be people on here who have or do work for them.... chime in please!
Old 06-30-2007, 12:09 PM
Flying Farmer

Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: Turbo-props' and John Deere's

Originally Posted by belliott View Post
I would assume that if they are advertising jobs on climbto350.com that they need people in a pretty bad way... that being said there has to be people on here who have or do work for them.... chime in please!
About any company out there posts jobs on Climbto350, so not sure what the point is there. Since that is a southern company I can't tell you much specifically about them, I know most of the companies here in the midwest. Pretty much all of us are the same but different. You will fly a lot of hours, you will fly in adverse weather, you will have some of the best experience out there, you might not have the best equipment, but that doesn't mean it isn't capable.
Old 07-07-2007, 02:34 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2007
Default I work for them

Hey folks,
I've been with them for about two weeks now and I have learned so much in two weeks then all of my years of training. Before I got hired with them I did my research on the net and heard alot of negative things. But to be honest I have not seen any of the negative things that I have heard about, maybe because of the pilot shortage! In fact their first year pay has gone up to about 24K a yr. Bottom line is that it's 135 flying and I am very happy with them so far. My advise to anyone looking at GTA for a job is to remember that everyone has there own opinion and sometimes you have to be a MAN and find out the real deal for yourself!!! Good Luck!
Old 07-07-2007, 03:30 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Are they still not paying their VFR 135 guys? I hear they don't pay them because its a "privilege" just to be able to gain experience through them. I am not impressed by this.... has it changed or am I correct?
Old 07-10-2007, 03:50 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2007

I think the PAY FOR THE PRIVLAGE still remains. Not good!
Old 07-15-2007, 01:17 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jul 2007

Originally Posted by mjb00123 View Post
Hey folks,
I've been with them for about two weeks now and I have learned so much in two weeks then all of my years of training. Before I got hired with them I did my research on the net and heard alot of negative things. But to be honest I have not seen any of the negative things that I have heard about, maybe because of the pilot shortage! In fact their first year pay has gone up to about 24K a yr. Bottom line is that it's 135 flying and I am very happy with them so far. My advise to anyone looking at GTA for a job is to remember that everyone has there own opinion and sometimes you have to be a MAN and find out the real deal for yourself!!! Good Luck!
This guy drank too much kool-aid at the party last night!!haha You keep the faith my friend. I worked there too. Just wait until they start asking you to fly broken airplanes...
Old 08-09-2007, 11:13 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2007

does anyone have any recent info. i know they are hard up for pilots and was wondering about the types of flights and schedules.