Notices
Money Talk Your hard-earned money

IAD Crashpads/Apartments... WARNING

Old 11-11-2005, 06:44 AM
Chief Jeppesen Updater

Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: Executive Transport Driver
Default IAD Crashpads/Apartments... WARNING

FYI. IF YOU ARE PLANNING TO MOVE OR RELOCATE WITHIN THE WASHINGTON DC AREA, DO NOT CONSIDER MOVING INTO THE LERNER REMINGTON APARTMENTS.

www.remingtonatdtc.com

While the apartment complex looks nice at first glance, and there are numerous airline employees that live in this complex, my own personal experience with this landlord (and that of many others) is that the management here will do everything they can to nickel and dime you.

We recently vacated after 4 years at the apartments and were presented a bill for damages and other misc expenses that exceeded $500 (after the deposit). I have spent over a month disputing these charges, and still have not come to a resolution.

The company has a very poor record when it comes to keeping accurate billing information (our final statement was way off, didn't have the correct rent amount posted, and showed two carports that we hadn't rented in over 3 years). And they have failed to meet several of their own lease requirments in regards to keeping common grounds clear and certain property features in working order.

If you are considering moving into or looking for a crashpad in the IAD/Northern VA area, please feel free to PM me and I will be happy to give you some insights on good places to settle.

~Josh