Souhtwest has a new Sheriff in town.

Notices
Major Legacy, National, and LCC

Souhtwest has a new Sheriff in town.

Old 09-09-2007, 07:42 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2006

OTG...I'm with you.

I too chose to be involved, and fortunately, TWA was a true Captain's airline, so those of us who thought that our area of responsibility extended past the cockpit door knew we would be supported as long as we were right.

It wasn't often, but there were times when a Captain's presence was all that was needed to get things back on track. What was not needed was the guy who got on board, plopped himself down into the left seat, and told the FAs to handle things. These people weren't Captains...they were glorified FOs.
Old 09-09-2007, 07:57 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: The Right One

This scnerio could make for an interesting LOI for the SWA interview

Could be fun to watch....
Old 09-09-2007, 12:34 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: B-737NG preferably in first class with a glass of champagne and caviar

Originally Posted by Mach 84 View Post
captjns, you don't know if Keith was wrong or not since you weren't there. Since this may become a legal matter, SWA is keeping silent.
Not to criticize those who dont' want to get inovolved... in my 30 plus year... I have dealt with jealous and zealous Keiths in my years... but I nevef hid myself behind the apron strings of my cabin crews apron... when appropriate, if the gate agent did not want to do their job in heading any problems off at the pass, as they should, I made it a point to make sure that all parties are saitisified. Thats the job of the PIC.... not to sit on one's arce and see how it plays out. I can't speak for those who were afraid to put their necks out on the line to make a dicision on critical matters which were less significant than this matter. I have never had a problem of crossing the so called union lines of gate agents vs. pilots... and I still don't... thats called self confidence in doing the right thing.
Old 09-09-2007, 02:23 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2005
Position: B737 Captain

Guys, maybe some "facts" are relevant here.

When I first saw what she was wearing I, like a lot of you, said gmafb. Then I talked to some SAN station folks who gave me the rest of the story. If you look closely, she has clearly shifted her entire outfit down 3-4 inches from the way she was wearing it on the plane. Her "howyadoin" was visible and OTHER PASSENGERS were complaining. She was discreetly taken to the jetway and asked if she 1. Had other clothes - she didn't, 2. Was asked to take a later flight - she had a Dr. appointment to get to, 3. Was asked to buy sweat pants in the gift shop - no $$ and finally WAS STILL ALLOWED TO FLY on her original flight with a blanket over her lap. Look, I'm all for hot chicks on the plane, but this honey was flashin' the beav and other pax were complaining. What were we supposed to do?

Did anyone see the Good Morning America with her on it? When she went to sit down in her "same outfit" NBC felt the need to pixel-ate her crotch because of what was visible (remember, this is the amended clothing version). By the time it aired on the West Coast, the lawyers obviously realized how culpable that made them look and edited the scene to show her not actually sitting down. Hmmmmmm.

A picture from her now closed Myspace account. Pre-boobs apparently. Gosh, wonder why she closed the account?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
43170269_la.jpg (73.2 KB, 264 views)

Last edited by 4th Level; 09-09-2007 at 02:35 PM.
Old 09-09-2007, 02:28 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Position: Student Pilot

Originally Posted by 4th Level View Post
Guys, maybe some "facts" are relevant here.

When I first saw what she was wearing I, like a lot of you, said gmafb. Then I talked to some SAN station folks who gave me the rest of the story. If you look closely, she has clearly shifted her entire outfit down 3-4 inches from the way she was wearing it on the plane. Her "howyadoin" was visible and OTHER PASSENGERS were complaining. She was discreetly taken to the jetway and asked if she 1. had other clothes, she didn't, 2. was asked to take a later flight, she had a Dr. appointment to get to, 3. was asked to buy sweat pants in the gift shop, no $$ and finally WAS STILL ALLOWED TO FLY on her original flight with a blanket over her lap. Look, I'm all for hot chicks on the plane, but this honey was flashin' the beav and other pax were complaining. What were we supposed to do?

Did anyone see the Good Morning America with her on it? When she went to sit down in her "same outfit" NBC felt the need to pixel-ate her crotch because of what was visible (remember, this is the amended clothing version). By the time it aired on the West Coast, the lawyers obviously realized how culpable that made them look and edited the scene to show her not actually sitting down. Hmmmmmm.

A picture from her now closed Myspace account. Pre-boobs apparently. Gosh, wonder why she closed the account?
I saw her too on the news this morning... there was NO way she could sit down or even bend more than 10 degrees without flashing herself. After seeing that I could kind of understand what must have happened. I'm sure some of yall guys dont have a prob with that kind of view though!
Old 09-09-2007, 04:23 PM
New boss = Old boss

Joined APC: Mar 2005
Position: Ca B737

Originally Posted by cbire880 View Post
but there are better things to spend media coverage on.
The "news" media doesn't cover news anymore. They are in the "infotainment" business.

BTW can we all agree that she is not really hot? I mean she is a 7 at best.
Old 09-09-2007, 05:24 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Slightly skanky, but probably a lot more fun to be around than "Keith".

Perhaps we can find a way to get her the abilty to jumpseat at FDX. I don't know too many of our captains who would complain about her attire.
Old 09-09-2007, 06:53 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: The Right One

Originally Posted by Albief15 View Post
Slightly skanky, but probably a lot more fun to be around than "Keith".

Perhaps we can find a way to get her the abilty to jumpseat at FDX. I don't know too many of our captains who would complain about her attire.

Is that what you FDX guys mean by "scooby snack"
Old 09-09-2007, 07:36 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: B-737NG preferably in first class with a glass of champagne and caviar

Originally Posted by mike734 View Post
BTW can we all agree that she is not really hot? I mean she is a 7 at best.
Well lets say that you don't have to drink her too pretty or go ugly early... so yeah lets give her a 7
Old 09-09-2007, 08:55 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2007
Position: JS32 FO

If what 4th Level said is true, then this is a frivolous lawsuit and I hope it gets thrown out. I'd hate to see something like this hurt any company for responding to passenger complaints. The sickening part is that all the negative publicity for SWA is gonna happen and no amount of legal paperwork can make that go away.