Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Ameriflight

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2018, 04:46 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jul 2018

Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr View Post
What ZippyNH said.

The reference to Korean FOs is about a program we have in conjunction with KAL where South Korean folks who what to become airline pilots come to the US, gain their ratings at a flight school in Florida and then come fly with us until they reach 1000 hours TT. If they successfully complete the program, they are guaranteed an interview with the "regional" component of KAL.

The other FOs are a response to the pilot shortage. Pilots who reach our minimums (see past posts for the numbers) are hired on to fly right seat in our aircraft. Our Ops Specs allow them to log time in our aircraft that are rated for single pilot ops. Once they have gained sufficient experience, they are trained into the left seat of our BE99 aircraft as either VFR captains, Restricted IFR captains or Unrestricted IFR captains.
Are you referring to the Ameriflight program at Epic Flight Academy? I'm interested in doing that, especially since Ameriflight reimburses up to $60,000 of the training costs after 3 years through an agreement with them essentially making flight training free. The only problem is they don't really work with any lenders for those of us that need to finance it. Do you know if Ameriflight has any plans to sponsor flight training in the future instead of the reimbursement? I know having that happen is probably a pipe dream, but figured I'd ask. Thanks!
Old 09-16-2018, 02:21 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any

Originally Posted by FuturePilot79 View Post
Are you referring to the Ameriflight program at Epic Flight Academy? I'm interested in doing that, especially since Ameriflight reimburses up to $60,000 of the training costs after 3 years through an agreement with them essentially making flight training free. The only problem is they don't really work with any lenders for those of us that need to finance it. Do you know if Ameriflight has any plans to sponsor flight training in the future instead of the reimbursement? I know having that happen is probably a pipe dream, but figured I'd ask. Thanks!
The program with Epic is through their in-house financing. I haven't heard any specifics of other flight training but I believe we are looking at similar programs with other flight schools. I have no specifics however.
Old 09-16-2018, 09:25 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Sep 2018

Hey Freight Dog/Former Buff (?) Driver,

What is the outlook for EMB120 SJU FO openings? I already live in PR and I am interested in sticking around for a few years. Assuming you count helicopter time, I should be at your mins by the end of the year. Are you hiring FO's at the minimum time or do I need something else to be competitive?

Thanks in advance!
Old 09-17-2018, 05:18 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by 205driver View Post
Hey Freight Dog/Former Buff (?) Driver,

What is the outlook for EMB120 SJU FO openings? I already live in PR and I am interested in sticking around for a few years. Assuming you count helicopter time, I should be at your mins by the end of the year. Are you hiring FO's at the minimum time or do I need something else to be competitive?

Thanks in advance!
There will definitely be openings at some point in the near future. Two of our current three FOs in BQN will be moving to the BE99 within the next month or two. I don't know what the word is on replacements for them, but there will always be new openings.

I don't know how rotor time comes into play. Our recruiting dept can give you a better answer on that.

BTW, the BUFF part of my name is because I flew B52s (also known as the BUFF) for the Air Force several years ago.
Old 09-17-2018, 04:54 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Sep 2018

There will definitely be openings at some point in the near future. Two of our current three FOs in BQN will be moving to the BE99 within the next month or two. I don't know what the word is on replacements for them, but there will always be new openings.

I don't know how rotor time comes into play. Our recruiting dept can give you a better answer on that.

BTW, the BUFF part of my name is because I flew B52s (also known as the BUFF) for the Air Force several years ago.
Thanks for the info! I'll try to reach a recruiter.

B52?? Awesome! I'm glad it wasn't what I was thinking! But I wasn't going to judge. To each there own!
Old 09-17-2018, 05:30 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2017

Originally Posted by 205driver View Post
B52?? Awesome! I'm glad it wasn't what I was thinking! But I wasn't going to judge. To each there own!
Yeah. You could go a lot of places with that. lol.
Old 09-17-2018, 05:55 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jul 2018

The program with Epic is through their in-house financing. I haven't heard any specifics of other flight training but I believe we are looking at similar programs with other flight schools. I have no specifics however.
Oh, the recruiter failed to mention in-house financing and so did their website. I'll have to ask about that. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 09-18-2018, 03:03 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Aug 2018

Originally Posted by FuturePilot79 View Post
I think Epic makes the reimbursement after 3yrs. Not Ameriflight.
Old 09-19-2018, 07:46 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Imasuen1 View Post
I think Epic makes the reimbursement after 3yrs. Not Ameriflight.
Actually, the way the program is set up, Epic provides the financing for the pilot's training. Once the pilot reaches IFR mins and comes to Ameriflight, there are three benchmarks they have to meet. (I'm not going to name them because I might be wrong on one or two.) When the pilot reaches the benchmark, AMF pays back Epic for 1/3 of the loan. The money never actually passes through the pilot's hands. Unless they don't meet all of the benchmarks at AMF, at which point they are on the hook to Epic for the remainder of the loan.
Old 09-19-2018, 11:00 AM
Ameriflight

Joined APC: Sep 2014

For pilots interested in a position with Ameriflight, we'd like to list out our current openings (position, aircraft, & location)!

In order of lowest to highest flight min requirement:

First Officer ACP: Nationwide (could live anywhere, we'd fly you to assignment)

Captain BE99: BUR, ONT, OMA, ABQ, PDX, BFI
+ these outstations: San Diego CA, Visalia CA, Reno NV, Klamath Falls OR

Captain BE1900: LAN, OMA, BFI, SJU
+ these outstations: Lewiston, ID

Captain SA227: LAN, SUS, CVG, SAT, SLC, SJU
+ these outstations: La Grande, OR

Captain EMB120: SLC, BQN
+ these outstations: Kalispell, MT

We also have a Flight Training Department Instructor position open at our headquarters in DFW.

If you'd like to know more, feel free to ask!