Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Ameriflight

Old 04-16-2019, 12:17 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2019

Thank you guys for all your replies, I appreciate the Insight!

Few more questions:

How long does it usually take to get the hours in the ACP program and upgrade to captain?

If I understand correctly I could live in San Diego in the ACP program?

How likely is it to get San Diego as a BE99 captain after finishing the ACP program?

How many hours per month does a BE99 captain get out of KSAN?

Is commuting possible at all in case I would not get KSAN right away and would have to wait another 6 month to choose again?

Could I come in as a restricted captain on the BE99 at a 1000h or do you only hire them as unrestricted captains at 1200h?

How long is the training contract for the ACP program? Does the time starts counting when you start as a FO or when you're upgrading to captain?

How much is the buy out amount if you wanted to leave the contract early?

Sorry for all the questions and again thank you for answering them in depth!

Cheers

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk
Old 04-16-2019, 08:13 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jul 2016
Default SA-227 Burbank

I’ve tried to find the answer to this question within this thread, but I’ve had no luck.

Is the 2500TT for the Metro a hard minimum? I’m already flying the BE-99 and will be near 2000TT by the end of this year. I already work for a company owned by AMF and am considering moving to AMF.
Old 04-16-2019, 08:38 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Originally Posted by ComingInHot View Post

Few more questions:

How long does it usually take to get the hours in the ACP program and upgrade to captain?

How likely is it to get San Diego as a BE99 captain after finishing the ACP program?

Is commuting possible at all in case I would not get KSAN right away and would have to wait another 6 month to choose again?

Could I come in as a restricted captain on the BE99 at a 1000h or do you only hire them as unrestricted captains at 1200h?

How long is the training contract for the ACP program? Does the time starts counting when you start as a FO or when you're upgrading to captain?

Cheers

From reading your posts, it sounds like you just want to use ameriflight to get to atp mins and bail. "Thanks for the training, I'm out regional airlines here I come."
Old 04-16-2019, 09:43 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by b3181981 View Post
From reading your posts, it sounds like you just want to use ameriflight to get to atp mins and bail. "Thanks for the training, I'm out regional airlines here I come."
Honestly I just want to keep all my options open and know what to expect ahead of time before getting locked in.
Sorry if it came off rude, like I said I do think ameriflight is a great company and I have heard many good things!

Old 04-16-2019, 10:15 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2017

Originally Posted by b3181981 View Post
Duh. That's why a lot of pilots go there. And Ameriflight understands that.
Old 04-17-2019, 06:38 AM
Ameriflight

Joined APC: Sep 2014

Originally Posted by ComingInHot View Post

Few more questions:

Cheers

1. It depends on your hours when you start the program, but usually 4-6 months. (An example: we have two pilots who came to Ameriflight in the January InDoc class as ACP FOs. Since then, they completed training and flew on some of our highest timed routes - PR for example. They will be heading to upgrade class in the middle of May to become BE99 Captains.)
2. Yes. In the ACP program, you live wherever you'd like. We send you from the nearest airport to any of our bases to fly our highest timed routes (in order to get you to Captain mins quickly).
3. It all depends on timing. We only have one route atm out of San Diego. It's a BE99 route, which is a plus for you. It would just depend on when that current pilot is transitioning to larger equipment, leaving, or just wants to move. You could probably guesstimate by comparing BE99 mins to BE1900 mins, though.
4. Atm, only 30+ flight hours per month on that one.
5. Commuting is not really possible with our schedule. But a more thorough look on your current situation can be given by a recruiter during the application process. TDY or ONT might be an option if SAN is not open - again something to speak with your recruiter about when the time comes.
6. Yes, you could be a BE99 restricted Captain at 1,000 TT. But you'd have to be an ACP FO with us first. Our waiver from the FAA allows us to put Captains in the BE99 at 1,000 TT, but only if they are first a First Officer with us for at least 50 flight hours.
7. It's a ladder contract based on flight hours flown with AMF, not time. It's based on 1,200 flight hours with every 400 hours being worth $5,000 as our training costs us about $15,000 per pilot. The reason: the ACP positions are not required. It's just AMF helping the pilot get hours and up to Captain mins. Therefore we contract the pilot to stay for awhile.
8. Based on the ladder above.

Hope that helps!
Old 04-17-2019, 06:45 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by FreightDogs View Post
1. It depends on your hours when you start the program, but usually 4-6 months. (An example: we have two pilots who came to Ameriflight in the January InDoc class as ACP FOs. Since then, they completed training and flew on some of our highest timed routes - PR for example. They will be heading to upgrade class in the middle of May to become BE99 Captains.)

2. Yes. In the ACP program, you live wherever you'd like. We send you from the nearest airport to any of our bases to fly our highest timed routes (in order to get you to Captain mins quickly).

3. It all depends on timing. We only have one route atm out of San Diego. It's a BE99 route, which is a plus for you. It would just depend on when that current pilot is transitioning to larger equipment, leaving, or just wants to move. You could probably guesstimate by comparing BE99 mins to BE1900 mins, though.

4. Atm, only 30+ flight hours per month on that one.

5. Commuting is not really possible with our schedule. But a more thorough look on your current situation can be given by a recruiter during the application process. TDY or ONT might be an option if SAN is not open - again something to speak with your recruiter about when the time comes.

6. Yes, you could be a BE99 restricted Captain at 1,000 TT. But you'd have to be an ACP FO with us first. Our waiver from the FAA allows us to put Captains in the BE99 at 1,000 TT, but only if they are first a First Officer with us for at least 50 flight hours.

7. It's a ladder contract based on flight hours flown with AMF, not time. It's based on 1,200 flight hours with every 400 hours being worth $5,000 as our training costs us about $15,000 per pilot. The reason: the ACP positions are not required. It's just AMF helping the pilot get hours and up to Captain mins. Therefore we contract the pilot to stay for awhile.

8. Based on the ladder above.

Hope that helps!
Thank you so much freightdogs, you've been a tremendous help for me!

Old 04-17-2019, 06:45 AM
Ameriflight

Joined APC: Sep 2014

Originally Posted by talon38 View Post
I’ve tried to find the answer to this question within this thread, but I’ve had no luck.

Is the 2500TT for the Metro a hard minimum? I’m already flying the BE-99 and will be near 2000TT by the end of this year. I already work for a company owned by AMF and am considering moving to AMF.
The 2,500 TT is not a hard min. If you have exactly the other hours and experience listed, then we'd want it somewhere around there.
However, if you have additional hours or experience in other areas - ME, XC, Instrument, 135, etc. - we'd definitely consider you for the position.
If you're wanting to pursue this, feel free to send me a PM. I'll have our lead pilot recruiter touch base with you on hours, experience, locations, etc.
Old 04-17-2019, 07:06 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any

Originally Posted by BravoPapa View Post
Duh. That's why a lot of pilots go there. And Ameriflight understands that.
Yeah, but we don't want people to come in and either bail on the commitment they have made or even buy out of their contract. We aren't doing this for the money. We want captains to fly for us for a while.
Old 04-17-2019, 07:16 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2017

Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr View Post
Yeah, but we don't want people to come in and either bail on the commitment they have made or even buy out of their contract. We aren't doing this for the money. We want captains to fly for us for a while.
Agreed. I was just talking about it as a stepping stone. A pilot should honor any commitment that they make.