Netjets new TA pay FO yr 1 $69,188. >

Netjets new TA pay FO yr 1 $69,188.

Notices
Fractional NetJets, FlexJet, etc

Netjets new TA pay FO yr 1 $69,188.

Old 11-14-2007, 12:59 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2007

Let me ask a different way: Would one still expect to occasionally be "working" or "on the clock" when they're actually sitting at home waiting for instructions? And if so, can home be 2 or 3 hours away from the individual's base?

Just trying to figure out if the 18-day flex really means 18 definite days per month away from home. (I'm 34 and finally got somebody who likes me in the sack with her! Most nights anyway...)
Old 11-14-2007, 01:36 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Aug 2007
Position: X SIC

You will work 18 days. The only time you will be on duty at home is if they had a plan for you, and then it fell apart because a plane broke, someone called in sick etc.. If you are on duty at home, the only requirement is to leave home within 30 mins of getting an assignment. Does not matter when you get there. Home and crew bases/domiciles do not have to be in the same place. To sum it up.....plan on being gone 18 days of the month in batches of 5-7 days at a time. One other instance of on duty at home will occur when you revcieve a brief for something early in the day, and that falls apart to become something later in the day. They will show you on duty at residence until you need to come in at that later time. Not you should be completely confused.
Old 11-14-2007, 07:14 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: Citation X, SIC

Roadking,
You might want to save some brain cells and wait till the vote count on Dec 7th before trying to learn too much detail about the current reserve schedule. If the tentative agreement is ratified, which it probably will be, this reserve schedule and all it's intricacies go away. There would be three schedules available for bidding under the amended contract: the old 7&7, a 15-day flex and an 18-day fixed.

-NTFB
Old 11-14-2007, 07:32 PM
Line Holder

Ok, enough about the new schedule. In regards to pay: it seems hard to believe they're going to pay everyone on the same scale regardless of aircraft type. Am I reading that part right? A Kingair guy makes they same as a Citation X driver? Not that there's anything wrong with that-- but then why would people transition? (Other than the obvious reasons: variety, fun, and prestige...)
Old 11-15-2007, 06:11 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006

Originally Posted by Roadking View Post
but then why would people transition? (Other than the obvious reasons: variety, fun, and prestige...)
QOL, APUs, leg length, FAs, and seniority.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:36 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: Citation X, SIC

Ok, enough about the new schedule. In regards to pay: it seems hard to believe they're going to pay everyone on the same scale regardless of aircraft type. Am I reading that part right? A Kingair guy makes they same as a Citation X driver? Not that there's anything wrong with that-- but then why would people transition? (Other than the obvious reasons: variety, fun, and prestige...)
Kingairs?

Huh?

-NTFB
Old 11-16-2007, 02:26 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2006

Yup, Kingairs!....Didn't you get the memo?
Old 11-16-2007, 09:14 AM
Line Holder

Ummmm.... nevermind. The "BE-400" on the list is what threw me off; my simple mind immediately envisioned something slightly larger, but similar to a KingAir 350.

I will admit my knowledge of Corporate aircraft is lacking. But who better to fix that problem than NetJets?!?

Ok, time to go change my username and restore my anononominity...
Old 11-16-2007, 12:17 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2007
Position: G III

Thanks to all you NJ guys who have been so helpful with the info about the company. Brace youselves for another rash of questions after the 7th!

Cheers

Z
Old 11-17-2007, 02:04 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2005
Position: CL650

I think that was the idea.... adopting a "Pay by Seniority" vs the old "Pay by Aircraft Weight" structure would help cut down on the training costs associated with guys constantly switching fleets and transitioning back and forth between aircraft. --- Company saves $$$, we get to pocket the difference with some extra bling in our bank accounts.