Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Pilot Lounge > Hangar Talk
How many hours do YOU work a day? >

How many hours do YOU work a day?

Notices
Hangar Talk For non-aviation-related discussion and aviation threads that don't belong elsewhere

How many hours do YOU work a day?

Old 02-07-2008, 03:18 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2007
Default How many hours do YOU work a day?

Pretty simple, who do you work for and how many hours do you work on an average day? How many days off on average do you get a week? Do you like your work load or no? And be specific with your company, I want this thread to be a "day in the life" kinda flavor of different peoples daily work experiances with there company. So we can see whos getting screwed and whos made in the shade!
Old 02-07-2008, 03:29 PM
Gets Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: On Top

Originally Posted by getrichflytryin View Post
Pretty simple, who do you work for and how many hours do you work on an average day? How many days off on average do you get a week? Do you like your work load or no? And be specific with your company, I want this thread to be a "day in the life" kinda flavor of different peoples daily work experiances with there company. So we can see whos getting screwed and whos made in the shade!

One word for you...seniority! That's the ultimate determining factor on how your schedule will look. My personal preference is to maximize how many days off a month I have, so I usualy end up with about 17 days off. As far as how many hours per day, well, there's flight time and duty time, duty time average for me is 7 to 10 hours, flight time is about 5 to 6 hours. I do enjoy my schedule.....I work for XJT
Old 02-07-2008, 04:14 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2006
Position: A320 CA

0 its all fun!
Old 02-07-2008, 04:22 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: ATR-72 FO

In my short time at ASA I've had 2 hour duty days and 12 hour duty days. It just depends! Most of the time the pairings I've been on have had between 5 and 8 hours.
Old 02-07-2008, 06:51 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: Furloughed Righ Seater

AMF, 16hrs/day, 6 days/week
Old 02-07-2008, 07:48 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2005
Position: sitting

Originally Posted by getrichflytryin View Post
I want this thread to be a "day in the life" kinda flavor of different peoples daily work experiances with there company.
First read this: Don't be that guy

Second, what kind of result do you expect get from such a limited random sample?

Third, do you understand the seniority system and the FAR duty time and rest requirements?
Old 02-08-2008, 04:12 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: 320A

Is it just me or am I the only one sick and tired of the spell check Nazis? Yes I understand how rest and duty regs work. And yes I will use crappy grammar and spelling when I type on a forum. So, contribute or shut up! Your post is a waste of time and space. I could get so much more out of this site if I didn’t have to filter out your bs.

Sincerely,

Dictated but not read:

Getrichflytryin
Old 02-08-2008, 04:41 AM
Flying Farmer

Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: Turbo-props' and John Deere's

Anyways after the side-track, I'm Part 91, so I have no duty regs to protect me.

I work 8-4:30 M-F. I do work after those hours, and in January I worked 3 of 4 weekends. That isn't what I usually do, maybe one weekend a month if that, but we had a busy sales month and 5 trips to FL and back from IN/OH/MI area for people getting training in their new planes. My longest actual day of work was when I flew a DA40(I hate these for this reason) from MIE to CHD via IND-CPS-TUL-AMA-ELP(1500nm-ish I think). 13.4 hours in the plane, not counting fuel/food stops, but I got it out there and was home by noon the next day, with minimal sleep albiet, but I was home.

My company really tries to keep us in regular hours, but it's a give and take. If we work late or extra, it's no problem to not come in until noon the next day or take another day off etc....
Old 02-08-2008, 09:38 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2007
Position: C172 Left

Originally Posted by Toejam View Post
Is it just me or am I the only one sick and tired of the spell check Nazis? Yes I understand how rest and duty regs work. And yes I will use crappy grammar and spelling when I type on a forum. So, contribute or shut up! Your post is a waste of time and space. I could get so much more out of this site if I didn’t have to filter out your bs.

Sincerely,

Dictated but not read:

Getrichflytryin
Isn't BS capitalized?
Old 02-08-2008, 10:19 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2005
Position: Any, usually behind the wing

Originally Posted by hotshot View Post
Isn't BS capitalized?
It is if it's worth anything....